PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!

RaceDesigns
01-28-2012, 07:37 PM
I recently purchased an 09 LSV. The boat stays outside with both covers on. I'm in a constant battle to keep the water out. In a 2 day rain storm I sucked out over 80 gallons of water. So much water it filled the center ballast chamber, and bow of the boat to the bottom of the cupholders. This wasnt a monsoon either, just a storm that blew thru. I took it to the dealer and they say they cant find where the water is coming from but it continues to be there after every storm. Has anyone ever had this problem?

KSmith
01-28-2012, 09:59 PM
I take it you mean the two stock snap on covers for the bow and main cabin. If so mine does the same thing, leaks like a sieve. I can only keep the rain out with a secondary bow to stern cover placed over the snap on covers.

I hear for around a grand I can solve my cover problems with a custom cover, such as Evolution. Or for 30 bucks I can get get a silver cover from Wally World. I went the 30 dollar Wally World way. Works fine, is ugly, and takes time to cover the boat twice... Oh well... I just bought a new guitar for what I could have dropped on an Evolution cover. I'm happy with my Wally World cheapo cover solution :-)

FamilyMatters
01-28-2012, 11:11 PM
Yep, You Have to Cover the Whole thing (Boat) and prop it up so the water doesn't pool anywhere. The "Mooring Covers" (Bow and Cockpit) clearly were not made to keep water out and if it sits in the boat it will soften the floor in spots! I found a factory Cover on this forum for $250 and it works Great!!
Good Luck!
Darren

NCSUmoomba
01-29-2012, 11:02 AM
If you don't already do so, I would recommend removing the drain plug(s) and parking the boat so it can drain if this happens. Its a boat, water won't hurt it.

Nobodyrides4Free
01-29-2012, 11:47 AM
Last year we got a hail storm in Kansas, Imagine that! Anyways, insurance paid to replace my original Full Moomba boat cover. Skiers Choice still had original cover for about $750. I looked around and found a newer style sharskin cover perfect fit for right at $600. There is alot of aftermarket places that make covers to fit boats with-out paying a $1000. Look around and make calls to them. I called to make sure the cover had all the rope slots and straps in the right place. They are more than glad to help you. Boats in storage otherwise Id post a pic.

rdlangston13
01-29-2012, 01:23 PM
The main advantage about the evolution cover is that you can trailer your boat with it on and it won't beat the hell out of the boat

jmvotto
01-29-2012, 04:23 PM
I take it you mean the two stock snap on covers for the bow and main cabin. If so mine does the same thing, leaks like a sieve. I can only keep the rain out with a secondary bow to stern cover placed over the snap on covers.

I hear for around a grand I can solve my cover problems with a custom cover, such as Evolution. Or for 30 bucks I can get get a silver cover from Wally World. I went the 30 dollar Wally World way. Works fine, is ugly, and takes time to cover the boat twice... Oh well... I just bought a new guitar for what I could have dropped on an Evolution cover. I'm happy with my Wally World cheapo cover solution :-)

X2 on the wally world cover, its not pretty but it keeps it dry. Water was getting in from windsheild are running under the bow cover and if the boat is tilted toward the bow, the drain and bildge will not see much water until its too late.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh254/jmvotto/IMAG0156-3.jpg

bkearney
01-30-2012, 09:34 AM
I keep both covers on. I get a bit of mold in the winter, but the snap cover does nothing to stop the rain.

newty
01-30-2012, 10:07 AM
If you want a quick fix, grab a transheild. They make a cover the goes over the tower and all. They are meant to be heatshrunk for winterization but I have a buddy who sells them and also used them with out shrinking it and it lasts about 4-5 years in constant sunlight. Another cool feature is they have a zipper door on them so you can get in your boat with out having to unwrap everything to get in. Look for a Transheild rep in your area. Should be around $200. If you cant find one I'm sure I can wrangel on up for you.

kaneboats
01-30-2012, 10:13 AM
That's incredible. I love the idea of a zipper door to get in there. As for the mold-- run a search on kitty litter. There's lots of great ideas for moisture reduction posted on here.

newty
01-30-2012, 10:56 AM
I'll try to get pics of one and maybe get a group buy going. They make them for yatchs with the arches and bridges as well.

The zipper is so you can access the boat to change out your kitty litter, Dry-z-air, etc. Pretty cool product really.

Kind of a bad pic but you get the idea

newty
01-30-2012, 11:04 AM
Here's a link with prices and a better picture. My buddy said he towed his 200 miles at 70mph with the cover on and no issues. I wouldn't suggest it, but its a testament to its strength. Good videos on the site as well.

http://north-american-waterway.com/boating/outside-storage-boat-covers

kaneboats
01-30-2012, 11:11 AM
Link???????????????

newty
01-30-2012, 03:25 PM
Link???????????????

See above....

kaneboats
01-30-2012, 03:27 PM
That's better!

riderite
01-31-2012, 04:44 PM
I just run a tarp all the way over the tower, then I do not have to worry about water pooling..13275