PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Quit Working!!!

mobiusLSV05
06-04-2005, 08:00 PM
Hey all, I dont know if this has been raised before, but here goes,
Today while out having a good time, the stereo quit, I had Sirius playing at the time, there was a CD in the deck, everything was working fine. It has the Kenwood deck installed from the dealership, and I installed new speakers recaently also. The only sound now coming from the speakers is a chattering static sound from the last on in the line--drivers side rear. There is power to the deck, no fuses are blown, at least the ones I have seen. Any thoughts welcomed Thanks!! Its boring with no music!!!

seanpatsdad
06-04-2005, 10:19 PM
Mobius
Poke something in the small hole in the front of the deck face.That is a reset button.
John

mobiusLSV05
06-04-2005, 10:29 PM
What is the reset for? Seems to me everything works--except for volume. Thanks for the tip, Ill try it when I get a chance, other thoughts welcomed.

Patton
07-07-2005, 03:17 PM
Had exact same problemwith my Kenwood Sirius/CD stereo on my '03 Outback. After trying nearly everything in the world to fix it, it finally boiled down to a blown circuit board running into the stereo. Had local dealership order me a new one, and it's worked like a charm ever since. However, one difference I did just notice with your post was the fact that I didn't have any sound coming from my speakers, unlike yours. I'd try the paperclip/reset button and if that doesn't work, check the circuit board

mobiusLSV05
07-07-2005, 04:09 PM
Hey all, the problem has been solved, now just waiting for a replacement. The speakers are fine, but the deck is internally shot. Under warranty so no worries, thanks to all for replies.