PDA

View Full Version : mandley you ok?

jmvotto
01-23-2012, 08:32 AM
Mike. Just got an email that you were abducted at gunpoint in london. Where can i send money for your release.

Ooh i know. Direct to Brian at Exile. Hehe.

We need you back on the forum asap. Lol.

Scammers are pretty creative. One of my employees almost fell for this from one of my clients...

mmandley
01-23-2012, 09:30 AM
Thats funny, Yea so the story tonight was. At 1257 am i lof off my Yahoo account on my work Laptop to go do some work since my lunch was over.

At 1259 someone in nigeria logs into the account.
0112 my Yahoo passwords are changed
0122 an new email address mmanidley04 is created
0125 my Yahoo Password is changed again
0128 my Intel account is erased as my Yahoo backup account

So i notice all this when i goto log into Yahoo and it doesnt work, i log into my Intel account and i got 6 emails about this. I goto Yahoo and fix the problem and regain my account control.

The bad part, i had like 30 file folders with 100s of emails i saved. Like every email from when me and Claudia talked before we met 5 years ago, all the emails from my pops before he stoped writting, all the online purchases i made like recites, and all the emails from Moomba friends on things ive helped them on and everything.

Completly devistated i lost so much data.

So i emailed Yahoo to see if they can do a back up restore or soemthing since this was all on there servers.

I think i will be switching to my much more secure account at Centurylink.net. But its going to take a while before i get all my inter net accounts and contacts switched. It sucks nuts.

sandm
01-23-2012, 09:49 AM
for a minute I thought you and claudia had eloped and done the wedding early and left the country for a honeymoon...

then I realized the seattle boatshow is coming up and I snapped back to reality :)

wolfeman131
01-23-2012, 09:55 AM
I replied that I could send you $1,000,000 but I really only want you to have $20 so you need to first wire me the balance to my Cayman account.

I am anxiously awaiting your reply.

newty
01-23-2012, 10:34 AM
As long is Claudia is ok...lol. Sorry you lost so much data. Scammers suck.

dusty2221
01-23-2012, 10:40 AM
So I shouldn't have wired money is what you are saying?

Crap. I'm going to need that $500 back, you can paypal me.

kaneboats
01-23-2012, 10:56 AM
I just booked a flight to London to go help. Now you tell me he's not over there???

skiyaker
01-23-2012, 06:34 PM
a while back I had to terminate my yahoo account because it was sending out emails to everyone asking "is something wrong with your penis?" kind of embarrassing since it went out to a lot of business contacts.

wolfeman131
01-23-2012, 09:03 PM
So, Dusty's Mom hacked your account?

mmandley
01-23-2012, 11:35 PM
HAHA thanks for the jokes guys, it was nice to read them and get a chuckle. I will be changing accounts and everyone i talk to will get the updates. Prolly wont happen till my weekend as i just dont have time to deal with it when im working 12.5 hour shifts.

newty
01-24-2012, 11:35 AM
Bwaaaa... I just found this in my junk mail.

I'm writing to let you know that my family and i are stuck in London, UK has been a mess We got mugged last night at gun point and lost all cash,credit card and cell phone. It has been a scary experience,Thank God we still got our life and passport saved here with us.
Our return fight leaves in some hours from now but we are having problems settling our hotel bills, i need you to loan me some money, I'll refund it back to you as soon as we arrive back home Kindly let me know if you can be of help so that i can tell you how to wire the money to me via western union.

Awaiting your positive response,
Mike

Now if you were stuck in Cancun I'd be on my way. Good luck in London buddy!

kaneboats
01-24-2012, 11:58 AM
Well, I jumped on a plane right away. Working with Scotland Yard I was able to track down one of the muggers. He's in custody now. We were about to bust in on the other guy in his apartment but I was hit in the back of the head and I think he escaped. I woke up in a Soho doorway - a policeman knew my name.
What?? This is no more ridiculous than the e-mail story. Besides, it ties into the boat tunes thread too.

newty
01-24-2012, 12:19 PM
Well, I jumped on a plane right away. Working with Scotland Yard I was able to track down one of the muggers. He's in custody now. We were about to bust in on the other guy in his apartment but I was hit in the back of the head and I think he escaped. I woke up in a Soho doorway - a policeman knew my name.
What?? This is no more ridiculous than the e-mail story. Besides, it ties into the boat tunes thread too.

How many redbulls did you drink this morning?

kaneboats
01-24-2012, 01:52 PM
Redbull and vodka. Stay thirsty, my friend.

newty
01-24-2012, 01:55 PM
Breakfast of champions! Well... this champion anyway. Add a splash of OJ and its a perfect morning kicker!

BensonWdby
01-24-2012, 07:20 PM

You could have slept at home that night if you could have gotten up and walked away...

rc5695
01-24-2012, 07:39 PM
i got one of these from a friend before, but they were in FL. I seemed kinda real at first, but I'm like, they have internet to send an email but can't get somebody's phone to make a call? Lol. So I strung the jerk along for a few....Wish they could nail some of these theives...

viking
01-25-2012, 12:20 AM
Dats funny. I got one in my junk folder too. Was hoping it worked for ya. I was going to send one out too depending on how much cash you raked in :razz:

mmandley
01-25-2012, 02:57 AM
Please see this thread. Thanks

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?17144-New-Email-please-respond-with-yours-or-email-me-privatly.

mmandley
01-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Hit the Portland Car show last night, lots of cool stuff.

Headed to the Seattle Boat show today.

If you get some astranged email saying i got mugged and im out of money, dont hold your breath, as long as im stateside i got money LOL

Ill make a thread and post some pics about the show Later. Hope to see lots of boats i didnt see at the Portland show.