PDA

View Full Version : engine serial# with rubbed off sticker

mcfunnymoney
01-20-2012, 08:51 PM
So the 2000 Mobuis V has baffled me again. I need to order parts to tune it up but the barcode sticker on the oil pan is trashed and i need my serial number. The previus owner did do me a favor by leaving the manuals in what looked like the bilge so they are trashed. Skiers chioce will not decode the VIN for security reasons so what do I do?

mmandley
01-20-2012, 09:01 PM
I have found that when i google my VIN on my truck i can see everything i need out of it. Its only the first 8 numbers that pertain to options, i have not tried this with my boat yet.

Im assuming your trying to figure out exactly what engine is in your boat? Engines normaly have stampings on them to tell you what they are. Back side of the heads, also on the block normally the front near the water pump. You can look to see if you find a stamp number and cross check that.

Or PM me those numbers and ill do some research for you see what i can figure out.

lsvboombox
01-20-2012, 09:22 PM
Try looking on the front of the engine near the water pump iy may be stamped in the block. Also did u check all the paperwork u got sometimes its listed on the titlework along with the vin #

jmb
01-20-2012, 09:28 PM
Thats where mine is listed. Right in front of the water pump. That is the serial number

mcfunnymoney
01-21-2012, 08:24 PM
thanks for the help! found it.