PDA

View Full Version : Weather?

Mikey
01-18-2012, 10:42 PM
I'm surprised to see no one has started a thread mentioning the weather as of late.

Last week we were going through very abnormal weather for this time of year. We had basically No snow(melted away) and temps of 15C or 59 F.. Those are sometimes Summer temps for us.

Well the @#$ hit the fan this week and we are back to normal. Last couple days sitting at -30C or - 22F with wind chills upwards of -40C or -40F. We are suppossed to warm up this weekend. Snow is only a couple inches but everything is white and roads are Kaos. Tons of Big crashes all over. Hoping the weather turns to more normal temps. Expecting -5,10C or 14 F.By the weekend..I must add the Ski hills are finally seeing some Awesome snow.looking forward to getting out on a Boys weekend in a couple weeks. Not Quite a Vegas weekend but Close.

What Goes in Banff Alta Canada Stays there.... Haha.. Looking out my window as i type staying warm,looking at the Tarped ,snow covered boat ,dreaming of warmer days........

wolfeman131
01-18-2012, 10:44 PM
On my bucket list . . .

http://www.fairmont.com/banffsprings/

you da man
01-18-2012, 11:10 PM
Sorry to rub it in but it's going to be 77-78 degrees and clear skies here in the heart of Texas the next couple days

zabooda
01-19-2012, 01:36 AM
We got our first snow of the year today and everyone was sent home at noon. I plan to work at home tomorrow.

bergermaister
01-19-2012, 01:40 AM
Couple inches of wet sloppy snow overnight here - got the kids out of school for the day and just enough to play havoc with my carport boat cover. Hit 55 degrees by the end of the day though and now they're talking Flood Alerts.

Texas is sounding pretty good (again) right now YDM...

jpetty3023
01-19-2012, 02:04 AM
Send some of that flood water down our way Berg

zabooda
01-19-2012, 02:40 AM
I would just like some of that 55 degree weather from Portland to come east to melt the snow so I can go dirt bike riding this weekend. On Saturday, I will be standing in the Columbia River (36 degrees & dry suit) for a few hours as part of the dive rescue overseeing the polar plunge, dirt riders club Christmas party that night ($600 of prizes) and hopefully go riding on Sunday.

sandm
01-19-2012, 08:34 AM
Sorry to rub it in but it's going to be 77-78 degrees and clear skies here in the heart of Texas the next couple days

but we have all the water.. :)

6" of snow in my driveway when I got home from work. too lazy to shovel it so it took 4 good runs from across the street to make it up into the garage with the 2wd ranger :)
pouring rain right now, almost 50deg. and saying a 70% chance the next 6 or 7 days. snow in the valley will be gone from the roadways/driveways by noon today.

kind of a catch-22. we want the rain so that the reservoirs will fill, but they held a bunch of water back last year, so if we get too much rain, they will not fill the main recreational lake until mid summer to avoid flooding.....

really hope we get what we need and the rest takes a detour to our neighbors in the southeast. after last year, they can use it....

dusty2221
01-19-2012, 08:52 AM
I'll be at the cable park this weekend....high of 55 sat and 73 Sunday. Mix that with 48 degree water and we are in business!

kaneboats
01-19-2012, 04:31 PM
6" of snow in my driveway when I got home from work. too lazy to shovel it so it took 4 good runs from across the street to make it up into the garage with the 2wd ranger :)

Too funny. When I was in Chicagoland I was way too lazy to shovel my driveway. I'd run over it 30 times if I had to, sliding back down each time till I made it to the garage. A few times there was no choice though. I couldn't get OUT!

sandm
01-19-2012, 05:35 PM
west facing front yard. only way to go. looking out the window now, it's all gone on the driveway.

funny to watch all the neighbors yesterday shoveling snow. they now have ugly piles next to the driveway that will take time to melt. me and the houseful of 20-somethings next door didn't. our driveways are clean..

one of the only times being lazy pays off :)

bergermaister
01-19-2012, 05:48 PM
^^ now that's funny!

My kids were bummed that we had so little so they were out taking loads from across the street with sleds and dumping it into our front yard. Everything is gone now except for two basketball sized piles where a small snow fort had once stood.

zabooda
01-19-2012, 06:24 PM
Latest update, more snow but mostly freezing rain. No work today so Monday was a holiday, worked Tuesday, left work at noon on Wednesday, off today and tomorrow is my Friday off. Not bad, I work 1.5 days (14 hours) and get credit for 36 hours. I'll be taking the Wrangler out and do some desert riding as it is really peaceful with nobody around. Plus what else can I do, clean the house? In the 40's starting Saturday so most of this will be gone in less than a week.

KSmith
01-19-2012, 08:21 PM
On my bucket list . . .

Make a circuit. Glacier/Waterton, Calgary and the Stampede, Edmonton, Jasper, then Banff... you may never come back...

Mikey
01-19-2012, 09:59 PM
As mentioned above lots of places to see. As for the Banff Springs Hotel though you may want to look into it further if you ever do get out this way as Most rooms in that hotel are hardly what they are showing. Most are Small with 2x singles and old and grungy. This Hotel is very old with lots of Nostalgia . The Hotsprings are a must as are Many Good restaurants and Bars in Town. There are a few ski hills nearby ,which are World famous,Notablt Lake Loiuse and or Sunshine. Always Great Snow.

If you come this way come summer Calgary Stampede,2nd only to NFR for Rodeo but a BigASS 12 day Party.

Come on out ,but depending on when Dress accordingly,we sometimes still get snow in July during Stampede LOL

jpetty3023
01-19-2012, 10:53 PM
Man all this talk about snow and it was a cool 81 degrees and sunny in central TX today!

usaski1
01-19-2012, 11:55 PM
Man. Central TX has been so depressing. Boat in the garage sence last june. Living on waterfront property that is mud puddle front property. But it's 80 degrees in te winter!

chawk610
01-20-2012, 08:41 AM
none of the rain we have had has made it to yall??? Man, do you think Travis will ever recover??? The bad news is that the Spring isn't supposed to be that wet :(

cbboarder
01-20-2012, 10:27 AM
Glad to hear they're finally getting some weather out west. I'm heading out to Tahoe in a few weeks for some knuckle dragging and the snow report hasn't been too promising.

jpetty3023
01-20-2012, 11:43 AM
Chawk we just get a sprinkle here and there, nothing to write home about. Belton lake is currently 12.5 feet low. I'm looking at going to a few of the ramps and snapping some photos. We are no where close to as bad off as lake Travis but it still qualifies as bad with no relief in sight.

KSmith
01-20-2012, 01:49 PM
We had some weather once... didn't much care for it...

usaski1
01-26-2012, 11:11 PM
Central Texas got slammed on tuesday night. We got 6 inches in 6 hours... AWESOME! My waterfront property now looks like my avatar again! Lake full! BUST OUT THE DRY SUIT!

jpetty3023
01-26-2012, 11:26 PM
Good deal brotha. No such luck an hour north in Belton. Still 11.5 feet low..:mad:

jmvotto
01-26-2012, 11:34 PM
On my bucket list . . .

Count me in on that trip. Woohoo !!

Then hit mica heli tours.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=_-2Kealz89w

rdlangston13
01-27-2012, 09:23 PM
The recent rain has filled us up too. Our lake is actually .05 ft above full pool now! The piers are back in the water!!