PDA

View Full Version : new surf board

gus 08 mobius lsv
01-16-2012, 12:24 AM
i currently surf on a cwb ride surf board but at our local boat show i picked up a new board its a hyperlite swell i got it for a price that was hard to turn down so i bought it. anyone use this board or own it and is it a good board to start doing intermediate tricks on?

you da man
01-16-2012, 01:20 AM
Isn't the Swell more skim than the Ride which is more a surf style (I mean as surf style as CWB surfboards gets)? When it comes to surfboards you'll find that wakeboard companies do not make good surfboards. I'm sure the Swell should be easier to spin than the Ride. IF I was looking for a board that is geared towards skim style, I'd definitely be looking at Phase 5 boards.

KG's Supra24
01-16-2012, 11:14 AM
I actually have both of those boards and they are 2 different animals and YDM pretty much nailed it. The ride is a cruising board and the swell is a skim style board. It will feel way more loose but it is fun to ride. It will require more work (pumping up and down the wake). Spins will come way easier and you will probably find it easier to ollie as well.

BobP
01-16-2012, 05:31 PM
As others have said, two totally different board types. I personally don't like the looser skim style boards but the friend who has the Swell loves it.

gus 08 mobius lsv
01-16-2012, 09:32 PM
i was hoping that it would be a much different board or else i would have wasted 200 dollars... but i figure if i don't like it i shouldn't have a hard time getting my money back out of it if i try to sell it. i've had acl surgery so i don't know how crazy i'll ever get on a wakeboard so i decided i'll try to perfect some tricks on the surf board. i remember hearing a lot of good things about the phase 5 boards but thought for the price its worth a try. thanks for the input guys

mmandley
01-17-2012, 01:14 AM
Gus make sure to post how it rides and how you like it, might save the box if it came in one in case you sell it. Let me know if you dont like it i might be interested.

gus 08 mobius lsv
01-27-2012, 01:16 AM
Gus make sure to post how it rides and how you like it, might save the box if it came in one in case you sell it. Let me know if you dont like it i might be interested.

i will let ya know when i get out there on i'm starting to get the itch but still have about 2 more months till i break out the dry suit and hit up the lake! i came vacume wrapped in plastic so no box. i know shipping is crazy for boards esp clear out to west coast. my cwb ride came from vegas and it was 45 bucks to have it shipped to me but the guy came down to 125 so i didn't mind paying that much for shipping