PDA

View Full Version : Brake Bleeding PELA 6000

rdlangston13
01-14-2012, 03:34 PM
I know there is a brake bleeding procedure for the trailer in which you use a screw driver to go up into a hole on the coupler to pry back on the piston to apply pressure on the brakes to get the air out.

I have a PELA 6000 and was wondering if I could use it as a vacuum bleeder by finding a hose to fit over the bleed nipple on the caliper and just sucking the air out and fluid through. Have anyone tried this?

jmb
01-14-2012, 10:16 PM
I tried using a vacuum system to bleed the brakes and it didn't do very well for me. Now I am not the expert on this but I ended up using my truck to bleed the brakes by working the coupler. Took about an hour but it worked great!

rdlangston13
01-14-2012, 11:14 PM
I tried using a vacuum system to bleed the brakes and it didn't do very well for me. Now I am not the expert on this but I ended up using my truck to bleed the brakes by working the coupler. Took about an hour but it worked great!

well there is a small hole on the bottom of the coupler where you can fit a screw driver in and use that to work the cylinder for bleeding purposes, this is actually the proper procedure by boat mate but its a pain in the ass. what kind of vacuum system did you use?

Razzman
01-15-2012, 12:35 AM
A mityvac works the best. Buy one at Harbor Freight, then go to home depot and buy a tapered rubber plug. Drill a hole through it and insert the mityvac adapter/hose into it. Put the plug into the master cyl hole, put the other end on the pressure outlet of the mityvac. Put a hose on the bleed valve on the caliper and place it in a jar with brake fluid. Pump it a few times and crack the valve for a second or two. Gotta watch the fluid as it doesn't hold a lot of fluid. I can do both in ten minutes or so.

rdlangston13
01-15-2012, 12:43 AM
A mityvac works the best. Buy one at Harbor Freight, then go to home depot and buy a tapered rubber plug. Drill a hole through it and insert the mityvac adapter/hose into it. Put the plug into the master cyl hole, put the other end on the pressure outlet of the mityvac. Put a hose on the bleed valve on the caliper and place it in a jar with brake fluid. Pump it a few times and crack the valve for a second or two. Gotta watch the fluid as it doesn't hold a lot of fluid. I can do both in ten minutes or so.

yeah, i think im going to try to rig up the pela since i already own it. trying to avoid buying something new

Garn
09-04-2012, 03:55 PM
David, did the Pela work for you?

Garn

ga-lsv05
09-05-2012, 09:31 AM
I also use a mighty vac setup. There is a mighty vac brake bleeding kit you can purchase

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast