PDA

View Full Version : Roll Tigers

wolfeman131
01-09-2012, 09:27 PM
I don't have a favorite & actually dislike both teams. I just want to see a good game. Most of the bowls have stunk. I also don't get how you can crown Alabama as Champions when they lost to LSU @ home earlier in the season.

wolfeman131
01-09-2012, 09:30 PM
Exactly why was the President from the Fox show 24 out there for the coin toss? I know he's the AllState spokesperson, but does he really need to be there?

jmvotto
01-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Hope for a good game but hopefully Lsu puts the bcs crap to rest.

deerfield
01-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Roll Tide Roll!! Score at 7:55 p.m. CST Alabama 3 LSU 0. Been gone a week. Good to be home for the game.

deerfield
01-09-2012, 10:07 PM
End of 1st quarter: Bama 3 LSU 0. Bama is dominating the game.

deerfield
01-09-2012, 10:48 PM
End of 1st half. Bama 9 LSU 0. Bama continues to dominate.

KG's Supra24
01-09-2012, 10:51 PM
Rooting for LSU here but mostly just hoping for a great second half. Also glad I don't have to listen to the fox guys that were covering the AR vs Kansas St. game.

Gaux Tigers!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

rdlangston13
01-09-2012, 10:58 PM
These teams have played for 6 quarters against each other so far this season and score 0 touchdowns....they should just make them play until someone finds the endzone

wolfeman131
01-09-2012, 11:05 PM
I'm with ya David. So far, as boring as the first game.

Why is Gene Chizik wearing a yellow tie? Is he afraid some Auburn orange will clash with his complexion?

Best part so far has been the eyepatch dude commercial.

kaneboats
01-09-2012, 11:46 PM
Man, this is boring. It's like watching two bad high school teams. Gimme an Oklahoma State QB. That team would have whipped either of these.

jmvotto
01-09-2012, 11:50 PM
Lsu is playing like the falcons onsunday chitty.
This game is certainly showing whose number 1

The ok st. Was exciting as hell...

Kicker will get the MVP... Lol

wolfeman131
01-09-2012, 11:58 PM
This game is certainly showing whose number 1

yeah, tonight but it was a different story in November.

And the Falcons SUCKED big time against the Gmen. The D-Coordinator ran to coach at Auburn next season.

zabooda
01-10-2012, 12:10 AM
Watching these two teams was expected to be boring and they live up to the hype. It's like watching the Denver Broncos play. Maybe the last two minutes of the game might be more exciting but I doubt it.

KG's Supra24
01-10-2012, 12:18 AM
Nice work bama. Watching Jefferson is like watching a train wreck but the D is definately there for Bama. Nice work!

You got out coached Les Miles.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

rdlangston13
01-10-2012, 12:20 AM
wait...SOMEONE SCORED! its a miracle!

deerfield
01-10-2012, 12:21 AM
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!! 21 - 0 w/ 4 minutes to play How sweet it is!

zabooda
01-10-2012, 12:26 AM
George Jefferson needs a pep talk from Archie Bunker.

jmvotto
01-10-2012, 12:32 AM
George Jefferson needs a pep talk from Archie Bunker.

Lol.... Nice Win bama....

deerfield
01-10-2012, 12:32 AM
Bama National Champion!!!

zabooda
01-10-2012, 01:19 AM
And the Minnesota Lynx are the WNBA champions.

maxpower220
01-10-2012, 09:41 AM
We are all losers for having to watch a rematch of a regular season game. There is NEVER a reason to have a rematch national title game. As every game is important in the college game, having a rematch lessens the games that other teams have played.
I'm not really a fan of any of the top 6 teams this year. LSU should have been playing OSU or Stanford this year. Boise State should have been playing in a BCS bowl game.

What made last night's game bad is that is was just a terrible game to watch, just like the first game.

sandm
01-10-2012, 09:55 AM
Boise State should have been playing in a BCS bowl game.

you sure that you want to say that looking at the teams that they did beat this year?? give them a worthy schedule and I bet you will see much more losses and a change of opinion :p
prediction: 9-3 next year..

kaneboats
01-10-2012, 10:50 AM
I'm tired of hearing, "well, they beat Georgia". Let Boise play an SEC schedule and see how they do. Look what a crappy FL team did to Ohio State. Still, a rematch is no fun. ONce a team is beaten (especially in their home stadium) by an undefeated team they should be out of contention and somebody else should get a shot.

sandm
01-10-2012, 12:41 PM
said the same thing kane, and the rebuttal I get is that bsu doesn't have the money to compete with an sec team. they always say "give me the same $$ as bama and we will destroy them" :) :)

the story this year is that now they are in the big east, they will dominate and be worthy of a shot at the title..

sorry, trying to control my laughter....

maxpower220
01-10-2012, 12:58 PM
OSU, Oregon, Stanford.... they don't play a SEC schedule, but you aren't complaining about them. Open your eyes and see what Boise State has done for the last 5-10yrs. It hard to have that good of a record, no matter what schedule you play.
Since you want to bash BSU, why not ask why your school hasn't taken the BSU challange: to play any team, at any location, without a payback game (having to play BSU at their home in another season). Vir Tech and Ga took it and got beat. This season, they lost to TCU (I guess you don't like them either) and they lost due to 2 missed field goals at the end of the game and OT. Take a look at BSU's wins at non conference, big named schools; you may be shocked to see how good they really are. 2 BCS Bowl games, with 2 wins.

My main point is that BSU deseved a bowl game during Bowl Week, not Dec 22.

sandm
01-10-2012, 02:07 PM
it's easy to critique a team from 2500 miles away and not have to listen to the fans go on and on and on and on about how they get shafted every year.

my real take on the school: they have done a fantastic job over the last 10 years building a solid program and each succesive coach has built on the last(coach pete is a great guy and full of ethics, although not worth 12mil over 5 years). they are successful at what they do FOR THE SCHEDULE THEY PLAY. ask ANY fan out here in Boise and they will tell you that bsu should have been at the game last night. hearing that for years and watching them play a strength of schedule that isn't in the top 25(heck not sure it's in the top 50) gets real old and makes it tough to wish them the best. they are leaving a very weak conference and if they perform just as solid in the big east, then I see a different tune, but when the point spread for almost every game they play is over 30pts, that says something..

I don't follow any of the other teams you list, so I have no opinion of them, and to be honest, I think the bcs and bowl programs in general are an absolute joke lining the pockets of the few. as they say on tv, the fleecing of america :)

get rid of the bcs and go to a true playoff system and then let the chips fall where they may.
won't ever happen tho imo as there's too much money at stake in the southern schools..

rdlangston13
01-10-2012, 02:45 PM
ask ANY fan out here in Boise and they will tell you that bsu should have been at the game last night.

it's the same story everywhere, come to Texas or Oklahoma and everyone thinks OSU should have played last night.

kaneboats
01-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Well, I'm in the middle of SEC/ACC territory and from the Big10 zone and I think OSU should have been there too.

maxpower220
01-10-2012, 05:23 PM
As a USF Bulls Alumi, I don't think the Big East is a much better conference.

OSU should have played LSU last night, it didn't really much thought for many to know that it was the "right" thing.

BCS is fine, it just needs tweaking. The BCS rankings should only come out after the last game is played. No one knows what "strength of schedule" is until the teams have their final records. Just ask Oregon about that this year. LSU didn't start the season ranked very high. And, enough of Notre Dame rules. Sorry, join a conference and share your TV money. You don't deserve to be on TV every week and still have a lousy record every year. Bowl games should be awarded to the top ranked schools, regardless of conference. Teams should have to have a min of 7 wins in an 11 game season, or 8 in a 12 game to go bowling. I know every school makes money, but that "Go Daddy Bowl" on Sunday with SMU and Northern Arkansas???? Really??? In Jan?????

sandm
01-10-2012, 06:20 PM
bcs is severely broken and just a bunch of guys out to make money. I'm sure you have read about the perks of the fiesta bowl and what a joke the charitable contributions are when compared to the revenue. tell me that is not going on with the other bowls as well.

eliminate it all and go to a ncaa-sponsored march madness event and take bcs out of the picture entirely. put more revenue back into the schools to keep them from being a drain on our local/state govt's and quit lining the pockets of the few. I'm sure that the tv rights will still be worth the same irregardless of who is selling them(bcs vs ncaa).
the problem with this is that it has the potential to pull cash out of the sec/acc and the schools will not let that happen.

KG's Supra24
04-06-2012, 10:56 AM
For the SEC followers ..... I'm not liking this

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/sec/story/2012-04-05/arkansas-petrino-administrative-leave-female-assistant/54068316/1

http://i.qkme.me/70lb.jpg

jpetty3023
04-06-2012, 11:20 AM
Guess its a good thing Arkansas football doesn't really matter, not even to the sec faithful right?

KG's Supra24
04-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Oh please ... you must have lost your mind at the lake yesterday.

jpetty3023
04-06-2012, 11:29 AM
haha, I figured you'd be the first one to respond KG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wolfeman131
04-06-2012, 12:00 PM
That dude is a creep and gets what he deserves. The way he handled himself in Louisville & Atltanta was a disgrace. He should know better. If you're going to have an inappropriate relationship with someone in Arkansas, the other person is supposed to be some sort of relative. Had he followed this simple rule, nobody would care.

WaterBullDawg1980
04-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Ahhhhh Petrino. Who can honestly say they are surprised given his track record of questionable character?

Forget football, how will he ever be able to look his children in the face again without feeling ashamed? There have been many times I have been fed up with Coach Richt, but one thing NOBODY ever questions is his integrity. Lucky to have him imo.

evoimport6
04-06-2012, 09:16 PM
I am a Louisville alum, and can say we really missed Petrino, up until Charlie Strong came around! But I agree with water bulldog, what goes around comes around. Sad part is I bet he still keeps his job.

kaneboats
04-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaIu5O-KCd8

KG's Supra24
04-10-2012, 07:20 PM
Welp, sounds like he will be gone

I'm a little disappointed, I won't lie.

wolfeman131
04-10-2012, 08:27 PM
Dont be sad. You have Taver Johnson waiting to take over. Your team will be much better off with an ex-Buckeye leading the team vs Creepy Bobby.

WaterBullDawg1980
04-10-2012, 08:40 PM
Unless they decide to go after Kirby Smart.

As a Georgia fan, I REALLY hope they do. We need him to stop his recruiting in our state.

(Secretly, Kirby Smart was one of my favorite Georgia players of all time.)

KG's Supra24
04-10-2012, 09:04 PM
Just watched the press conference ....

The messiest part that will be interesting to see what turns up is the 20k cash that Petrino gave the girl. No info was disclosed on when he gave it to her or what it was for but both Petrino and the girl acknowledged that it happened.

In summary

1. There were multiple opportunities for him to come forward about the accident to the athletic director, the faculty, and the media but he chose not to.
2. He had hired Jessica (the 25 yo girl) a few days before the accident. There were 159 applicants and Bobby was involved in the hiring process. He admitted to having inappropriate relations with her prior to the hiring. (3 people were interviewed and the process was quicker than it typically would have been for said position)

He was terminated with cause, meaning the university owes him nothing.

wolfeman131
04-12-2012, 10:56 PM
Jackleg left some $18 Million on the table!

But, if he actually pulled this off, I just don't know how much longer until the end of the world is coming. I can think of any other reason . . .

http://www.lostlettermen.com/bobby-petrino-alison-melder/

KG's Supra24
04-12-2012, 11:31 PM
Ahhh yes, girl #2 ... Better than #1. a local senate assistant for the republican party of Arkansas with a little modeling experience as well.

wonder if Patrino and Farve have anything in common...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

wolfeman131
04-12-2012, 11:38 PM
Wouldn't she have been #1 on his list?

I know she would have taken that slot on my list.

KG's Supra24
04-12-2012, 11:54 PM
Well I figured #1 went to motorcycle girl. The one with thousands of texts and hundreds of phone call exchanges. The one that he hired to work with him and the one he gave $20k to. You know the one with a fiance that also worked at the university.

wolfeman131
04-13-2012, 12:24 AM
I'm going with the theory that the fiancé beat the snot outta Bobby and the wreck was staged.

evoimport6
04-14-2012, 11:41 AM
Dont be sad. You have Taver Johnson waiting to take over. Your team will be much better off with an ex-Buckeye leading the team vs Creepy Bobby.

You guys (Arkansas) better hope they don't look into Craig kragthorpe. I'm sure everyone knows that Petrino took us to BCS and kragthorpe ran us into the ground! Takes a long time to recover from Petrino! Just cracked the preseason top 25 since ole Bobby left.

wolfeman131
04-23-2012, 07:14 PM
WOW.

John L. Smith.

Really?

Well, back to the norm for Arkansas football.

jpetty3023
04-23-2012, 07:23 PM
Hey now coach smith had a stellar div II career

Sent from my iPhone's cooler than your droid utilizing Tapatalk

KG's Supra24
04-23-2012, 08:50 PM
He is interim ... No worries here. It leaves everything in tact for the year and gives us more options come end of year.

evoimport6
04-23-2012, 09:19 PM
He did ok at Louisville before Petrino. I guess we should just call Arkansas a sloppy second coach school. Take um, just don't take Charlie Strong!

wolfeman131
04-24-2012, 12:45 AM
He is interim ... No worries here. It leaves everything in tact for the year and gives us more options come end of year.

Everything except recruiting . . .

jpetty3023
04-24-2012, 08:08 AM
And winning

Sent from my iPhone's cooler than your droid utilizing Tapatalk