PDA

View Full Version : TUNING THE WAKE

NC05LSV
05-30-2005, 08:45 PM
At the risk of looking like a knucklehead, I am trying to figure out how to tune the wake on my LSV. I usually get one side that is perfect and the other side (passenger side) will have the water breaking on the top. Not sure if this is weighting or speed or what. Just trying to save myself some time. Has made my son really good at heel side but doesnt get a clean wake on toe side.....any help would be appreciated.

mseidelch
05-31-2005, 02:21 AM
Hi NC05LSV,

there are a couple of factors influencing the wake. Have a look here: WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/tricklist/tricktip029.asp)
Maybe this gives you some ideas how to balance the boat better...

Markus

NC05LSV
05-31-2005, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the information.........the site was really helpful and answered all the questions that I had.........thanks again........Pat

OnTheH20
06-14-2005, 03:47 PM
Thanks from me as well. I didn't realize how much difference the side-to-side weighting would make in the wake. I've got a friend of mine pushing 300 pounds and used him as "readily mobile ballast" in the boat.

I was surprised to see how easy it was to clean-up, or trash, the wake by having him move around in the boat.

Thanks again.

mseidelch
06-15-2005, 02:40 AM
I have a friend like this as well. We call him "living Fat Sac" ;-)

mmobius2001
06-28-2005, 01:22 PM
yeah i try to follow that method but something is missing w/ my wake, after riding behind a Malibu VLX and MC X-10 i just can tune my wake.

my wake is actually decent w/ just the center ski locker filled and wake plate at 70-75%

when im on a mission i fill the center and then fill my back sacs that are 350lbs on each side, and put wakeplate at 50% but theres just something not right, the boat isnt quite on plane and the wake slushes over too easy, i cant put the wakeplate down anymore because it gets worse. so i think i may need like another 100lb or 200lb bag to put in the front.

even thought the ski locker is "500lbs" i think it only fills to about 400 or 450lbs and w/ the wake plate giving the extra kick in the back for the shape i need more in front.