PDA

View Full Version : If (a BIG if) I ever gave up boating.............this is what I'd go do!

viking
01-08-2012, 01:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzXVLbs41Ew&sns=em

you da man
01-08-2012, 05:31 AM
$2,000+ worth of tires gone in a couple days playing.

DOCDRS
01-08-2012, 11:49 PM
Thats insane, I love it!!!!

mmandley
01-09-2012, 06:47 AM
Personally i dont like it at all.

I love off roading and wish i could do it more but this is the type of ignorance and stupidity that has ruined most of the true 4x4 areas. This is the same type of ignorance and stupididty that makes Wakeboats one of the most disliked type of boats in the water.

Look at all the destruction he did, in just the one attempt to get over a wall he took out 3 trees, and almost a Pilot

KSmith
01-09-2012, 07:44 AM
Personally i dont like it at all.

I love off roading and wish i could do it more but this is the type of ignorance and stupidity that has ruined most of the true 4x4 areas. This is the same type of ignorance and stupididty that makes Wakeboats one of the most disliked type of boats in the water.

Look at all the destruction he did, in just the one attempt to get over a wall he took out 3 trees, and almost a Pilot

I second that. I too enjoy 4 wheeling but I prefer the tread lightly philosophy. But I also enjoy Trials much more so that Motorcross too so... I am more in the torque and technical challenge vs brute force... any bonehead can mash the throttle to the floor...

mmandley
01-09-2012, 08:46 AM
I second that. I too enjoy 4 wheeling but I prefer the tread lightly philosophy. But I also enjoy Trials much more so that Motorcross too so... I am more in the torque and technical challenge vs brute force... any bonehead can mash the throttle to the floor...

Exactly, im all for the big HP and mash the pedal but lets put in a venue such as monster trucks where we are building the track and not destroying mother nature.

sandm
01-09-2012, 09:25 AM
have no issues with guys that choose to create a private area to thrash on whatever they choose to, but when it comes to the forests/parks/wilderness, then tread lightly..

4wheeling is big here and most of the guys take it to the many private tracks that are around here..

I am more inclined to go watch the creepers at moab. watching those guys winch/creep around the rocks is amazing and the fact that they do it with very little if any impact on the landscape

KSmith
01-09-2012, 09:41 AM
Ah yes well private areas or arenas, fairgrounds, etc are different, then I have no issues with pedal to the metal tearing it up. Some of the state fairs in Idaho they used to dig up the infield of the horse race track and do mud bog racing, wicked fun to watch ;-)

lsvboombox
01-09-2012, 10:19 AM
I think it's pretty slick. And I am not sure why anybody is pointing the finger at these guys. In my neck of the woods boat pollution has destroyed the lakes. Cant even really eat the fish out of the lake.

newty
01-09-2012, 10:45 AM
That thing is pretty sweet! That motor sounds Bad arse.

sandm
01-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Some of the state fairs in Idaho they used to dig up the infield of the horse race track and do mud bog racing, wicked fun to watch ;-)

best was when they took the infield at the horse track in garden city and turned it into a sprintboat track.
those things are amazing to watch...

Jet
01-09-2012, 12:29 PM
I have been a Jeep guy for as long as I have had a boat. This is my 3rd Jeep. Mine stays on the street though. But I love my Jeep. I haven't played with her much this past year and I know shes looking for my attention. As soon as spring gets here i am going to give her some attention. Jet

bergermaister
01-09-2012, 03:59 PM
That thing was pretty gnarly but I have to agree to some extent that he was tearing up the trail, trees, basically everything a bit much with the lead foot. Looked like some of the runs he was on were made for that which is fine, others like where he almost took out the UTV, not so much. Just gotta make sure you have as much or more brains as you do HP.

I think 4 wheelin is fun to watch, has been fun to participate in here and there, but I'd be white knuckled and have serious pucker factor riding with that dude. I was surprised he didn't have a helmet on either.

viking
01-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Awe - u haters. You gotta know most of this stuff is done on private land. And here you are talking about the environment and preservation and don't drive an electric car?
If you owned a private lake you could really do whatever the hell you want on it and you're wakeboat wouldn't have to worry about NO WAKE zones and can erode the shores all you want.
Anyhow - I'm all about utilizing what nature has to offer and keeping our parks and recreational areas for preservation and use. Most of Montana is that way.
But this chit just rocks. And that's one of the best sounding V8's I've heard!!

lsvboombox
01-10-2012, 12:02 AM
Awe - u haters. You gotta know most of this stuff is done on private land. And here you are talking about the environment and preservation and don't drive an electric car?
If you owned a private lake you could really do whatever the hell you want on it and you're wakeboat wouldn't have to worry about NO WAKE zones and can erode the shores all you want.
Anyhow - I'm all about utilizing what nature has to offer and keeping our parks and recreational areas for preservation and use. Most of Montana is that way.
But this chit just rocks. And that's one of the best sounding V8's I've heard!!

Amen to that

mmandley
01-11-2012, 12:10 AM
I hear ya Viking, and i wasnt hating on you or your idea, i was hating on the people who do what he is doing, the way he is doing it lol. I dont respect the wakeboard boats who abuse the land eighter. I try to respect the land as much as possible.

Electric car? Those are the biggest jokes i have ever seen. You know why Electric cars are never on the Used market? Why they hold no valuse after 5 years? Why they even cost 2x as much as a gasser?

Batteries my friend. Toxic, Hazardous waste.

Ever priced out a batter system on a Prius? Its down right crazy, cost more then a new engine. Did you knwo the average electric car has to drive 100K miles, to even recoup the cost the price difference? Not to mention when you destroy them you have a 600lb hazard watse item.

Awe man dont get me started on those things LOL.

dave84brady
01-11-2012, 07:14 AM
WOW!!! awesome post, nice things to follow, thank you very much for this great piece of work!!!

sandm
01-11-2012, 08:41 AM
^looks like we have our resident plumber on the forums now :)

I am with mike on the electric car front. I'd be too afraid of getting somewhere and being out of juice to get home again. you don't see much on it here, but I can guess in portland with all the treehuggers that it's a big deal there ;)
now I would love to own a smartcar or the likes that get upwards of 40mpg's for a commuter. they are cool looking. or see our city put in the type of mass transit that pdx has. parking a car for the work commute would be awesome.

more money for gas for the towboat...

wolfeman131
01-11-2012, 08:54 AM
Think the plumber needs to be flushed?

bergermaister
01-11-2012, 09:32 AM
yup - headshot.

mmandley
01-11-2012, 10:11 AM
If you really want a solid commuter go with a VW TDI Jetta, 50 MPG and when i hit you with my truck you still have a chance to walk away from from it LOL.

Chevy, Mazada are both comming out with small Diesels this year and next, i expect by 2014 all major car companies will have Diesels, VW is paving the way for diesel cars.

Yes tons of electric cars up here, the Transit system is great too, always some crazy people to watch lol.

KG's Supra24
01-11-2012, 10:22 AM
Speaking of electric cars. Here is an article from January 4th I thought was kind of interesting.

"On this day in 1996, General Motors announces at the Greater Los Angeles Auto Show it will build an electric car, dubbed the EV1, to be launched in the fall of that year." ... "Wagoner was quoted as saying that pulling the plug on the EV1 and not putting more development resources toward hybrid gas-electric vehicles was a major mistake of his career."

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/gm-announces-its-electric-car

As far is turbo diesels in cars, VW is definitely leading the charge with their BlueMotion but unless emission regulations change quickly, don't plan on seeing many in the States.

lsvboombox
01-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Viking has been hijacked

KG's Supra24
01-11-2012, 11:23 AM
Viking has been hijacked

Surprised?

lsvboombox
01-11-2012, 11:32 AM
Surprised?

Nope. I think there should be one forum with one giant thread. I will put it in the suggestion box

sandm
01-11-2012, 12:43 PM
kg, there's an interesting documentary about the ev1 and how the cars were never sold, but leased. at the end of the lease, gm repo'ed all them and crushed them. almost every one of the owners pleaded to keep the car, but gm did away with any record of their existence. if you're a car guy, it's a very interesting peek into the political side of a large american carmaker and worth watching imo..

and now we have the volt..

the smarts are getting pretty good crash test ratings as they are built by mercedes. they look like a toy, but have seen some data that they will withstand a harder impact than some of the much larger compact car segments.
as far as the jetta, I'll never own a vw product just on the fact that their tuning software is called VAGCOM. that just sounds ghey... :)

rdlangston13
01-11-2012, 02:11 PM
the whole world uses diesels in small cars except for America. thanks to the conversion kits in the in the 80's that helped ruin American public perception of diesel engines as well as the EPA for making the hardest diesel emissions standards in the world we will keep driving gas cars and only have diesels where diesel power is required.

Jeep even made a diesel liberty a few years back that was pretty stout but pulled the plug on selling them in the US due to the new EPA emissions standards.

sandm
01-11-2012, 03:14 PM
read a review of some of the new small sport utes coming to market and almost all have a diesel cousin in other countries.
stupid what our gov't thinks we need and don't need.

cab13367
01-11-2012, 05:33 PM
If you really want a solid commuter go with a VW TDI Jetta, 50 MPG

+1 on that. Spent a week with my sister-in-law in Austin over the holiday and she has a 2010 VW Jetta Wagon TDI auto. That thing averages 35 mpg in mostly city driving and 40+ on the highway. I've not driven a diesel since my dad owned a 70's Peugeot diesel and the TDI is one nice car. Smooth, quiet, and plenty of power for the mpg.

viking
01-11-2012, 11:51 PM
stupid what our gov't thinks we need and don't need.

Roger THAT!

Viking has been hijacked

YUP - Happens alot on here. That's why I don't feel so bad about doing it to others :)