PDA

View Full Version : Defy

New Guy
01-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Anybody pick it up? My copy just came today and I want to play hookie and go check it out.

ryan_8099
01-06-2012, 11:52 AM
I have been tempted to just get it from iTunes, but a guy I ride with bought it, so I might just buy the DVD off him for $10 so he can still have the Blu-Ray. I have heard good things though!

New Guy
01-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Cool I'll write a review once I get a chance to watch it.

KG's Supra24
01-06-2012, 01:37 PM
The trailers look awesome!

wolfeman131
01-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Here is a link to the trailer. It's worth watching just for the water. I also believe that I spied Supra Team Rider Reed Hansen on his wakeskate. One of the comments below the video states that the spot is an old sand mine in South Clermont (ya know, it's the wakeboading capital of the World).

http://wakeboardingmag.com/videos/2011/09/09/video-new-defy-trailer/

I hate videos like this. They make me realize how old, unskilled, uncoordinated, fat, lazy and even stupid (for thinking I might be able to pull some of this off) I am!!!

sandm
01-06-2012, 02:18 PM
I agree with wolf. lets see 60 minutes of those same guys eating s**t. now that would be entertaining...

it should have been easy to film in clermont tho. I do believe that ALL the pro riders live there

bergermaister
01-06-2012, 03:01 PM
I hate videos like this. They make me realize how old, unskilled, uncoordinated, fat, lazy and even stupid (for thinking I might be able to pull some of this off) I am!!!

Ditto that. Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda.... Now I'm left with looking forward to the possibility of my son or daughter being radical in their coming years.

saskie99
01-06-2012, 05:37 PM
I own it, and WOW is how I would describe it. It is the most mind blowing wake video I have ever seen. The water is so blue, the double up section is hammer after hammer and the lake into the pool and rail out is sick. It should win some awards!

newty
01-06-2012, 05:42 PM
it should have been easy to film in clermont tho. I do believe that ALL the pro riders live there

Like this. LMAO!

moombadaze
01-06-2012, 08:50 PM
[QUOTE=wolfeman131;164384]. One of the comments below the video states that the spot is an old sand mine in South Clermont (ya know, it's the wakeboading capital of the World).

QUOTE]

NEVER, EVER seen water like that in Florida, but boy would I like to find that spot

rdlangston13
01-06-2012, 10:03 PM
Here is a link to the trailer. It's worth watching just for the water. I also believe that I spied Supra Team Rider Reed Hansen on his wakeskate. One of the comments below the video states that the spot is an old sand mine in South Clermont (ya know, it's the wakeboading capital of the World).

http://wakeboardingmag.com/videos/2011/09/09/video-new-defy-trailer/

i cant watch it since im at work but is that the same place they had the parks mastercraft double up competition? is there an island in it?

ericnel
01-06-2012, 11:25 PM
Love the the Sleigh Bells (soundtrack) in the trailer. Knees hurt after watching it

jmvotto
01-06-2012, 11:26 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Looks cool. Love watching videos of stuff i can only dream of. Lol

if that is a sand lake then that is why it is so blue like the gulf. Not sure why the east side is dirty grey.

ryan_8099
01-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Just finished watching it, pretty good, but nothing mind blowing in my opinion. Definitely worth watching though. Music choice was just OK, a couple good songs. No chick riding, would have loved to see Amber Wing, Dallas Friday or any of the top women tear it up. Some of the features they setup were pretty impressive. Going to check out the bonus features next.

One other movie I definitely recommend as well is Push Process which came out in or around 06. Also, a free longer video here: http://vimeo.com/19039056

saskie99
01-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Really, you didnt think it was mindblowing?? The double up section is CRAZY! The kicker in to a pool and rail slide out?? And I will agree about the music it was only ok. As for no chick riding, I am usually kinda disappointed with there amplitude compared to the men.

ryan_8099
01-11-2012, 03:34 PM
Really, you didnt think it was mindblowing?? The double up section is CRAZY! The kicker in to a pool and rail slide out?? And I will agree about the music it was only ok. As for no chick riding, I am usually kinda disappointed with there amplitude compared to the men.

I think seeing the trailer kind of ruined it, they gave away too much. I already knew about the pool section, although it still was cool to see. Same goes for the double-up section, I had already seen the great kind of shots they got so I wasn't 'in awe'. A little to much build up and hype and I was let down a bit. I'd still give it a 8/10 though. The girls definitely don't get quite as high, but they still can kill it. Their flexibility also makes the tricks look a little different and still go big. Dallas does a railey in Push Process that always impresses me every time I watch it. On a side note, who wants to put the System 2.0 in their backyard? That would be awesome!

saskie99
01-11-2012, 04:09 PM
I have pretty much all of the wake videos, and Drive, Push Process are awesome. In transit, rewritten, the body glove one are pretty good but I just thought DEFY really set the standard as far at the video goes. The helicopter shots, blue lake, made it stand out. I will agree that after the trailer I was hoping for more and I watched the Dbl up section video online too so I had a pretty good idea what was gonna go down. I just liked the fact that it had a different feel to it as far as the "artsy" side of it. The weird rail is what I mean, it would be hard as shit to do, it just didnt translate that well to film as I would rather watch huge back side 180s that that but the effort was there for sure.
I do think this video will be what all other wake videos will be judged against for the next few years though.

ryan_8099
01-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Yup, that rail section where there was slack in the rope didn't do too much for me. I am sure it was very difficult though. Also, when they went to the ocean, although that would be fun as hell to try I could have done without it. I enjoyed the special features though, especially when the guy goes behind that tiny boat with a tower. Who says you need a big wake to land tricks, very impressive!

By the way, if anyone wants a System 2.0 in their backyard as bad as I do here is the link: http://www.sesitec.de/index.php?id=26&L=1

In the faq section:

How high is the investment if a stretch of water is available?

The entire investment can be between 450.000 Euro and 800.000 Euro, including the starting grid structure, restoration, sanitation, facilities, cableway and basic equipment. The cableway itself including assemblage is about 250.000 Euro. Around 400.000 Euro have to be calculated to built an artificial lake.

saskie99
01-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Just a second! I can buy one of these for 1000.00 bucks?? If that is the case count me in!! I have a perfect spot for it!

ryan_8099
01-11-2012, 10:31 PM
Just a second! I can buy one of these for 1000.00 bucks?? If that is the case count me in!! I have a perfect spot for it!

I assumed they were "," but who knows, crazy Germans! :p

jmvotto
01-12-2012, 12:16 AM
Should have done a 52 minute trailer... Movie was cool but the trailer was better , did not even use the music trailer anywher. I will watch it many times on the iPad on the treadmill. Lol