PDA

View Full Version : Portland boat show

mmandley
01-05-2012, 12:40 AM
Its that time a year again people.

Portland boat show Jan 11th - 15th

VIP night is 10th

I have my VIP pass to go and means Claudia will be there.

We will most likely go again Saturday so several of our other friends can go.
Post up if you plan to go would love to meet some peeps there.

Pm me if you want my cell so we can find a good meeting place :)

newty
01-05-2012, 09:51 AM
I'm hoping to make it. I'll call you if I do.

bergermaister
01-05-2012, 11:08 AM
I was out of town last year so definitely going this year - just not sure what day!

jester
01-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Will not be in town until Saturday night so planning on going on Sunday. Want to go to VIP night but would have to drive back to Eugene the same night for work the next day.

jester
01-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Pm me if you want my cell so we can find a good meeting place :)

Mike we know you will be at the Exile or Active camps.

Boonejeepin
01-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Gerry from active notified me today. I will be going but not sure of the day.

mmandley
01-05-2012, 08:37 PM
Mike we know you will be at the Exile or Active camps.

Exile does goto thebPortland Boat show lol Sampson does. Of course I'll stop at the AWS display it's always the largest one at the show.

Plus I like to keep my relations up lol

viking
01-10-2012, 12:18 AM
Any of you that go - can you do me a favor and take some pictures of the Pavati Marine Wakeboat?
I see from an email today that they have finished the beta boat and probably unveiling at the show?
I'd be interested to know the pricepoint as well.

Interior, dash, ballast, engine, bling, ect......

I can get you my email if it's a hastle to post them all.

Thanks in advance!!

mmandley
01-10-2012, 01:03 AM
Any of you that go - can you do me a favor and take some pictures of the Pavati Marine Wakeboat?
I see from an email today that they have finished the beta boat and probably unveiling at the show?
I'd be interested to know the pricepoint as well.

Interior, dash, ballast, engine, bling, ect......

I can get you my email if it's a hastle to post them all.

Thanks in advance!!

Ill have our camera with us, if i see it ill load you up with pics man.

KG's Supra24
01-10-2012, 10:34 AM
I'm def interested in some Pavati info as well.

deerfield
01-10-2012, 03:50 PM
Pavati will have its wakeboard boat at the Portland show only. I called to ask if it would have an exhibit at Chicago or other shows and the answer is no.

bergermaister
01-10-2012, 04:21 PM
10-4

Just saw an "official" announcement that there will be a Mojo on display as well from AWS. Can't wait to see it firsthand!

millerda68
01-10-2012, 05:52 PM
Poppy and I (Derek) will be attending tonight. Can't wait to see all the boats!

mmandley
01-11-2012, 12:02 AM
Im sure it was a nice show tonight. I decided it wasnt cost worthy to go tonight. After i burn 5hrs of my PA time at 35 an hr, <175> and then try to locate and pick up Claudia in town, goto the show, deal with Downtown Portland Traffic, see the show, then drop Claudia back off to get her car again, then actually goto work for the rest of my 12.5hr shift, it just wasnt worth it LOL.

I will be going Friday night with some of my other buddies.

I expect the mojo to be there as AWS has one in stock now.

viking
01-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Thanks Guys.............!!

KG's Supra24
01-11-2012, 01:42 PM
A couple pics and info pulled from wakeworld ...

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19083&stc=1&d=1326297815

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19084&stc=1&d=1326297837

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19085&stc=1&d=1326297848

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19086&stc=1&d=1326297859

Diggs comments: "Made it last night and saw some cool stuff. I did not take many pics, but here are a few pics of the Pavati from my phone. Really cool to see something totally different and one off. This market is not gonna be easy to penetrate, but I wish them luck. They definitely spent some serious time making this boat. This is the first boat and hopefully we will see some more in the future. Hopefully we can lure them up to Portland this summer to actually see it on the water with all the other boats. It is an eye catcher. You could tell their drift boats were definitely a step above the other brands out there, but I have to admit I know nothing about drift boats.
Price tag they are trying to hit is $100K, but he said he can build them to get closer to the $60-$70K. Not sure what all would be eliminated.....
Lots of room in the engine compartment and that back seat lifts straight up for easy access. You can access from both sides. Not sure the back seat is legal to sit in while driving, but sure looked comfy for when you are just tied up hanging out.
Sorry I did not take more pics. I am not much of a picture guy."

bergermaister
01-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Definitely will have to take a long look at that one. I agree with the WW comments - the dash layout does look kind of random or an afterthought...

zabooda
01-11-2012, 02:12 PM
The rear seat would be for board prepping and for liability reasons should be marked so. That is where the highest concentration of CO would be with the engine running. Looks sharp though and I agree on the instrumentation appears to be jammed together.

kaneboats
01-11-2012, 02:12 PM
Do I see another subwoofer up in the bow?

KG's Supra24
01-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Do I see another subwoofer up in the bow?

I think you might. Nice eye.

ryan_8099
01-11-2012, 03:28 PM
So what are they trying to achieve with 2/3 the weight of a regular boat? Wouldn't this require additional ballast? The whole point of a wakeboat is to displace more water...

viking
01-11-2012, 11:41 PM
So what are they trying to achieve with 2/3 the weight of a regular boat? Wouldn't this require additional ballast? The whole point of a wakeboat is to displace more water...

From what I read on their website it makes for more effecient towing and when skiing you certainly don't want a wake. For wakeboarding and surfing you utilize built-in ballast. They are pitching it as a great crossover boat.

I agree with "berg" on the dash but gotta remember that this is their first run at this type of boat being a drift boat company up until now. I'd have to say they did a pretty good job with their first entry!

Razzman
01-11-2012, 11:58 PM
You also have to remember metal is alot harder to work into all those nice shapes and bends we now see from composite dashes. Especially in smaller scales, not that it can't be done, but is cost effective to do so?

Boonejeepin
01-12-2012, 03:32 AM
I hate to sound negative but the aluminum boat just did not do it for me. I need to keep in mind that this is a prototype boat but it looked a bit rough around the edges.