PDA

View Full Version : G3 timer adjustment

lsvboombox
01-04-2012, 12:34 PM
Not sure if this was ever put back up when the smeckle deleted all his posts. I had a copy so hopefully this works for others

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i205/chopsuey-pics/a3a80e5a.jpg

lsvboombox
01-04-2012, 12:36 PM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i205/chopsuey-pics/9077e7e4.jpg

KRAK
04-13-2012, 02:15 PM
Thanks for putting this up. Changing the timer time is easy now, but I've got a few questions. If on a factory GIII all the bags are 400lbs, why is the front timer set to 3 mins? Should it not be set to 4.5 mins like the back? Also, I just upgraded to 750's in the rear, what should I set the timers to to fill them on a factory pumps?

jpetty3023
04-13-2012, 02:44 PM
Good question Krak. I also just upgraded to 750's and will have to adjust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmvotto
04-13-2012, 10:05 PM
Wouldnt you just fill the new bag. 3 minutes then. Hit the fill switch again and count the time until it over flows out the thru hull. NOw got back and adjust the timers..

Let me know on the 750 as well..I would guess 8 minutes.

jpetty3023
04-13-2012, 11:14 PM
I filled the new bags up, or close to, tonight with two hits of the switch. Let it sit for about two minutes before flipping to fill the second time. I'll have to get around to just resetting soon I suppose

E4NASH
05-03-2012, 01:38 PM
I tried these instructions several times and couldn't get it to go into program mode. So since boat was dropped off at the dealer I'm having them do this...

lsvboombox
05-03-2012, 01:46 PM
I tried these instructions several times and couldn't get it to go into program mode. So since boat was dropped off at the dealer I'm having them do this...

I used these for my 2010 lsv and it worked. It is a pita though u need to follow them to the T

E4NASH
05-03-2012, 02:12 PM
I found that my boat has a breaker by the batteries and then one in the engine bay labeled ballast. I tripped both of them in different combinations and tried it and could never get the pumps to stop turning on and be in program mode. It's probably something simple I missed.

Does the 2010 have the reversible pumps like my 2011?

*Side note*...I need to get some vent lines plumbed in this summer. I guess that's three more holes...

jmvotto
05-03-2012, 02:24 PM

*Side note*...I need to get some vent lines plumbed in this summer. I guess that's three more holes...

You should have vent lines for the GIII

E4NASH
05-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Nope, fill and drain only. Everytime I fill the bags I have to open the vent plug to let the air escape...PITA

wolfeman131
05-03-2012, 03:33 PM
I think my Mojo is the same way for the lockers. Didn't notice until I saw the "AIR" caps on the bags last weekend.

jmvotto
05-03-2012, 04:59 PM
Nope, fill and drain only. Everytime I fill the bags I have to open the vent plug to let the air escape...PITA

With the jabsco pumps they should fill and empty from the same hose, the lowest one toward the stearn, the top hose should be to the overflow/vent out the side, the third hole should be plugged.

I think my Mojo is the same way for the lockers. Didn't notice until I saw the "AIR" caps on the bags last weekend.

Yes mine had the air caps as well on the rear only bags, My buddys MC came with the air caps on his plug n play mc extra ballast as well. Must be OEM jacking the price ofnew bags LOL,
Drew do yours have the stay put bungies on them like mine do?

wolfeman131
05-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Yes, they do have the bungies.

hans
05-03-2012, 07:51 PM
I have a lsv 2011 too,on mine there is tow hoses connected to each bags, the hose on the top is the vent.....the other at the bottom is to fill and empty the bag( by the same hose)

lsvboombox
05-03-2012, 08:18 PM
I found that my boat has a breaker by the batteries and then one in the engine bay labeled ballast. I tripped both of them in different combinations and tried it and could never get the pumps to stop turning on and be in program mode. It's probably something simple I missed.

Ah i only have one breaker by the battery. My '10 does have the jabscos

E4NASH
05-03-2012, 09:14 PM
I have a lsv 2011 too,on mine there is tow hoses connected to each bags, the hose on the top is the vent.....the other at the bottom is to fill and empty the bag( by the same hose)

That's how mine is setup but the top I thought was to fill and the bottom drains. It sure doesn't vent! If I ever forget to pull the plugs they will probably explode!

lsvboombox
05-03-2012, 09:35 PM
That's how mine is setup but the top I thought was to fill and the bottom drains. It sure doesn't vent! If I ever forget to pull the plugs they will probably explode!

The jabscos use the same line to fill and empty. You should follow the line on top and see where it goes.

hans
05-03-2012, 09:51 PM
when you empty your bag do you see water go out by the hole on the side of the boat? if not it is a vent....sometimes i had to open the vent plug on the bag to let the air goes out.....i don t know why it happened....but I m sure that the line on the top is for venting or over flow.....( when the bag is full and the pump still running you should go water go out of the side of the boat. When you fill or empty the bag it is by the line that goes at the bottom of the hull.....not on the side....at least for my boat. just be sure before drilling new holes.....

wolfeman131
05-03-2012, 10:10 PM
You should follow the line on top and see where it goes.

I need to do this on Sat when I get to the boat as I too was looking for a third vent line. I'm trying to get educated on the reversible ballast system ASAP. Thanks for the heads up, guys!

wolfeman131
05-03-2012, 10:10 PM
You should follow the line on top and see where it goes.

I need to do this on Sat when I get to the boat as I too was looking for a third vent line. I'm trying to get educated on the reversible ballast system ASAP. Thanks for the heads up, guys!

E4NASH
05-03-2012, 10:50 PM
I will do the same thing...

jmvotto
05-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Mine go up the rear of the boat and off to the side to a thru hull, vent overflow, these lines should be smaller 3/4 line and the bottom 1 inch should be fill empty.

spencerwm
05-21-2012, 05:59 PM
How to adjust timers on a 2012 Moomba (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b0Q1dhRqBU)

kaneboats
05-22-2012, 10:38 AM
Thanks, Spencer. That should be helpful.

jmvotto
05-22-2012, 11:01 AM
Yes, thank you very helpful...watched it last night.