View Full Version : 2012 Boat Show Incentives

wolfeman131
01-03-2012, 11:12 PM
Similar to past years with a "Choose 4" program. Supra is "Choose 5."

http://moombaboats.blogspot.com/

http://supraboats.blogspot.com/

KG's Supra24
01-04-2012, 11:56 AM
I was about to make a list of my 4 or 5 ....

By choosing the Z5 cargo rack I used up all 4 credits? Weak.

Mobius22
01-04-2012, 09:19 PM
2k cargo rack for free is pretty good, IMO

maxpower220
01-04-2012, 09:35 PM
Choose 4 has become 4 credits, and now we jack around with how many credits an option is????

jester
01-05-2012, 04:56 PM
They should say you get 100 credits to use and the Z5 is 80 credits. Makes you feel like you are getting more.

wolfeman131
01-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Choose 4 has become 4 credits, and now we jack around with how many credits an option is????

If I remember correctly, it was the same last year. I haven't done it yet for 2012, but I did sit down last year and figure out what was the best combination of maximizing the credits in regards to their dollar value. I also figured in items that I felt I could get the dealer to throw in for free, like a tower mirror.

In the end, what I think you end up with is about $2,000 in freebies. That's a 4% "discount" on a $50,000 boat. Almost offsets the sales tax in GA.

KG's Supra24
01-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Yea Drew, I couldn't remember. I was thinking it was the other way around, last year you picked 4 items, not credits. I can't remember what I ate for lunch Monday, though. Perhaps there weren't items that used all the credits last year?

I wasn't trying to put down the idea. Hell any discount is nice! It's just when you get to "pick 4" and 4=1 option, it's a bummer.

wolfeman131
01-05-2012, 05:55 PM
I looked back at my notes from last year and, for Moomba, you actually "bought" 5 credits for $500 and then used those credits for options. The options did have different values. For example, fixed board racks were 1 credit and the appearance package was 3 credits. The wording around it was "Get $3,000 in options for $500."

wolfeman131
01-05-2012, 05:58 PM
BTW - I remember this being quite confusing for customers (wait. what did you say? I have to pay for credits?!?!) and think the "Pick 4 fro FREE" will go over much better!

wolfeman131
01-05-2012, 06:24 PM
My math stinks! You can get more than $2,000 if you put together the right package!

Below shows you how more can be less and how the wrong selections can cost you.

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Slide1-7.jpg

maxpower220
01-05-2012, 10:18 PM
In 08 when I bought mine, it was choose 4. I got wake plate, appearance package, cover, bimini. Just seems inflated now and I really didn't look at it last year.

jmvotto
01-05-2012, 10:18 PM
Thanks Drew

Thread #3 is 2011 incentives

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?13304-Boat-Show-incentives-are-out!&highlight=Boat+show+incentives

JPAGE
01-06-2012, 03:58 PM
When we ordered our boat last year at the show we got the incentives. My whole thought to the deal is when I buy a new boat and going to order the boat "I" want it with the options I like. When you sit down at the desk and choose your options the incentives just knock down the price of what you would have bought anyway. If people buy a new boat because of the incentives i think they are crazy. If you want to go cheaper buy used. There are lots of great boats/good prices on the used market right now but if you want "your" boat buy new and get what you desire. It just may not be everything you want. The incentive pkg. had nothing to do with my purchase we had already made our mind up to buy new. The incentives just helped up to step up and buy when we did. ... Just my .02
Yes Drew you were a factor too! :D

Jet
01-09-2012, 01:07 PM
Remember, Its just a shell game. Let me shuffle the shells, now what shell is the ball under? Your a winner! Take 3% off! lol. Its a majic trick! Watch this hand (waving hand) while I do this with this with the other hand. Ta Da! Your a winner too! Its the oldest game in the book.

you da man
01-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Bow speakers as an option and they need their own amp? I don't get this one...a $45k-$55k boat and we won't add a pair of $100 speakers as standard equipment? Does the boat come with 2 funny looking empty holes in the cushions of the bow if the buyer doesnt want bow speakers?

KSmith
01-09-2012, 03:13 PM
Bow speakers as an option and they need their own amp? I don't get this one...a $45k-$55k boat and we won't add a pair of $100 speakers as standard equipment? Does the boat come with 2 funny looking empty holes in the cushions of the bow if the buyer doesnt want bow speakers?

Doesn't make much sense, i would expect any open bow tow boat to have bow speakers... they usually set up the 4 cabin on the amp and then run the bow off the head when they do this... Granted mine had the bow speakers and amp but it was shown on the build as an upgrade... Oh well...

RickT
01-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Stereo has never been standard in a Moomba till this year. This year a Sony Head unit with Kicker speakers are standard. Bow Speakers are optional.

sandm
01-09-2012, 03:56 PM

perhaps speaker grills with nothing behind them like my friends sanger. he didn't get any audio at all as they don't do tunes on the boat. it has all the cutouts with black speaker grills on them and nothing behind them :)

maxpower220
01-09-2012, 04:00 PM
There are so many threads on this forum about stereo "upgrades", I don't see why anyone gets the stock stereo. I ordered my boat without it, all of the holes were cut, the wires were ran, and circuit breakers installed. My install was extremely easy and a lot less cost than factory.

you da man
01-09-2012, 05:02 PM
There are so many threads on this forum about stereo "upgrades", I don't see why anyone gets the stock stereo. I ordered my boat without it, all of the holes were cut, the wires were ran, and circuit breakers installed. My install was extremely easy and a lot less cost than factory.

You are so correct sir. That is the only way to go if ordered. Ive bought my two wakeboats new off the showroom. One was leftover from previous year so it was heavily discounted and current was a good deal from the start. My next boat probably will be ordered and stereo deleted

sandm
01-09-2012, 05:35 PM
would be interesting to know how many order from the factory and how many buy what's on the showroom floor.
for the vast majority of the population, the factory stereo would be fine..

ryan_8099
01-09-2012, 05:44 PM
If I was spending the money for a new boat, I think I'd want to order it straight from the factory if possible. I would want to pick the exact colors and options. I am not a huge fan of the new graphics, but love just the chrome lettering. I'd also want the colored hull and specific tower etc.

newty
01-09-2012, 05:48 PM

Exactly! I didn't have to run wires anywhere. with the exception of the amp stuff the boat was ready. The panels have a 1/16" plastic liner for lack of a better word. The factory holes are behind the plastic and the panels are just vinyled or carpeted over. The holes are in the fiberglass just not in the plastic. Find the holes, cut out the plastic, pull the wire out, plug and play! The hardest part was cutting the gelcoat in the glovebox for the deck. (not that hard)

bergermaister
01-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Agreed. If given the choice I'd go stereo-less in a new boat. In fact maybe even HU-less. Looking at the EQ's and all the connections available with iPods the only real reason I can see to have one is for a transom remote. And I could probably live without that in reality.