PDA

View Full Version : firstimer

dieselsas
05-26-2005, 01:04 AM
hey, Im a firstimer. I was wondering what boat would be the best for beginner? probably looking for something used unless i can get financed for a new one. what kinda boat would, or you did pick first?

captainfun
05-26-2005, 06:59 AM
Welcome dieselsas,

Your question is hard to answer without you providing a few more details.
Post the answers to the following questions that you need to ask yourself.

What type of water sports will you be doing?
How experienced are you in skiing or wakeboarding that you need a special purpose boat?

How many people will be in the boat? Lots of friends and family?

How much will you use it? A lot of people pay a lot of money for what they think they want but then sell it due to a lack of interest.

Where are you going to use the boat? Big lake or small lake? Does the boat need to handle some good chop on days?

What’s your budget?

Will you be out in the boat for a ride or always water skiing?

Moombas' are a lot of boat for the money. You’re looking in the right spot!

Post the answer to these questions and then we should be able to guide you in the right direction.

Good Luck!
CaptainFun

ben624
05-26-2005, 08:35 AM
Well I just bought a 1999 Moomba Outback at the end of last season... It is in mint condition.... It had less than 150 hours on it... And I paid $10,000 for it... I have not looked back since... I like to knee board and wake board... The wake is a little small... But I am too old to do flips..... And they are right... It is a lot of boat for the money... I would do it all over again... So if you can find you a used one go for it... Then if you decide you don't like the wake.... You can get your money back out of it... And then buy a new one that you do like the wake on it.... Good luck... And welcome to the Moomba family.
Ben

;)

dieselsas
05-26-2005, 11:22 AM
Well i will be using it mainly for wake boarding and a lot of cruising. at most there will be 8 people. my budget is looking like somewhere round $20,000.00. im not super expierenced. but i have some super expierenced buddies to give me a hand and the low down. i went to the mooba dealer here in Fort Collins but i need a cosigner, and i don't have any body that i trust to cosign for me. as far as used boats the only ones that i was finding are 1990 to 1997 and they are all mastercraft or odd ball stuff that ive never heard of. also not seeing a lot of used moombas at all? and again thanks for helping the new guy.:)

smokedog2
05-26-2005, 12:46 PM
I used to live in Ft. Collins. Love the Fat Tire when I can get it.

You could not find a co-signer you trusted? Their sole role is to pay the bill if you do not. Anyone can do that - but darn few will.

SD2

Yellowmobius
05-26-2005, 01:06 PM
Keep your eye on Ebay. There is always a few Moomba's listed on it.

Rugburn
05-26-2005, 02:03 PM
When I did my search for my Moomba, I looked on boattrader.com and usedboat.com. Also take a peek at flipsell.com. They sell boats, skis, wakeboards, etc. I registered on boattrader.com and usedboat.com and they emailed me when a boat fitting my criteria hit their list. I had to drive 1100 miles round trip to get my boat, you are right, a used one is rare. I did the same as you, had my heart set on Mastercraft, saw the pricetag, did a comparison to Moomba and the choice was easy. Same boat (pretty much, except for the foo foo tan seats and stainless cup holders) for a lot less money. Good luck bro.

captainfun
05-26-2005, 07:27 PM
Sounds like you need a Moomba.

For 20k on the used market you should be able to get somehting as new as round 2001. 1998 around 15k depending on the hours.
Keep a look out on e-bay and plan on driving to pick it up.

These two boats just sold on e-bay last week....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4547200845&catego ry=63686

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=23807&item=7155540 526&rd=1

Good luck!!
CaptainFun

dieselsas
05-31-2005, 11:22 PM
well i thought that i found the most smokinist deal of the century, but the jerk had sold but had not takin the add off the site. 1998 supra all the cool stuff for 17500! i hate lazy people! still looking. thanks agian for the insight