PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood 700u and iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S

mdrake80
01-02-2012, 11:01 PM
Hi Guys, I read on the Kenwood site that the KMR-700u is only compatible with iPhone 3G and earlier? is this accurate or is the Kenwood site outdated?

Thanks!

Matt

bergermaister
01-04-2012, 04:11 PM
Crutchfield research says the same thing.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KMR700U/Kenwood-KMR-700U.html?search=KMR-700u&skipvs=T#CD%20Changer%20Controls

I'd say it's a no-go...

mmandley
01-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Hi Guys, I read on the Kenwood site that the KMR-700u is only compatible with iPhone 3G and earlier? is this accurate or is the Kenwood site outdated?

Thanks!

Matt

It works with the i Phone 4 because i used mine all last summer, i would have to wait for Claudia to get home to try her 4S to see if it works but im almost positive it will since we both have the same OS5 sofware on them.

mdrake80
01-04-2012, 10:32 PM
mmandley,

Thanks! I bet the documentation has not been updated on Kenwood's site nor Crutchfield.com since this unit came out. The iPhone 4 came out afterwards. Good to know you have first hand experience.

One last question, do all the features work? For example, can you search playlists, artist, song, etc? Is it full functionality as advertised?

-md

mmandley
01-05-2012, 12:35 AM
mmandley,

Thanks! I bet the documentation has not been updated on Kenwood's site nor Crutchfield.com since this unit came out. The iPhone 4 came out afterwards. Good to know you have first hand experience.

One last question, do all the features work? For example, can you search playlists, artist, song, etc? Is it full functionality as advertised?

-md

Yes it is but it's not set up like your iPhone where you just upload music and you can select a genre and play all that type of music continuous. You have to set it as a file and then the Kenwood will see it and play music off that file. It's very much an iPod setup vs an iPhone set up.

Other then that I have been very pleased with it and it does everything they advertise. My only regret is buying it when it first launched and paying 350 when it sells for 200 now lol but I have had it for 2 summers now and it's a great deck.

newty
01-05-2012, 10:01 AM
I have the same set-up and love it. Very user friendly once you figure it out. Really like the remotes, lots of info displayed and easy to read.