PDA

View Full Version : 2011-Thanks

moombadaze
12-31-2011, 09:27 AM
So long 2011

Been a good year for the Daze family.

Thanks to all on here who helped out answering questions and offering advise.

Special thanks to the Wolfe family for letting us invade there home lake for our summer vacation.

Super Special thanks to Kaneboats for "sticking my nose" into my buisiness and helping me out.

Thanks to Mmandley and Exile for the stereo help and more than likely the loudest boat stereo on my lake.

To the Moomba crew here on the boards---looking forward to a great 2012

MOOMBA GUYS ROCK !

wolfeman131
12-31-2011, 09:32 AM
Well said, Daze!

Here is to a great 2012.

Everyone, have fun & be safe as you celebrate the coming of the new year.

saskyrider
12-31-2011, 11:38 AM
2011 was a good year for our family and our first full year with our moomba!!!! managed to get 40 hours on the boat and got surfing figured out to!! taught several people how to surf and a couple more how to wakeboard.... made some serious ballast upgrades to the boat, and cranked the stereo up with some exile speakers and amps.... our lake was crazy high this year and we also spent a lot of time sandbagging to keep our cabin dry, but hey the more water there is the better!!! hope everyone had a great 2011 and an even better 2012!!!

cheers from the bedards!!

jpetty3023
12-31-2011, 12:37 PM
It's been a great year indeed. March was the family ski trip and when I returned from that trip I signed on the dotted line and became the proud owner of a moomba and an official member of this site. I haven't looked back since and have no regrets.

Have a safe and blessed new year and may 2012 bring RAIN, love, and, happiness to everyone

rdlangston13
12-31-2011, 03:55 PM
2011 is the greatest year yet minus the two months I spent working in Elk City, OK. My first full year with lady blue and my wonderful lady Surman. Learned how to wakeboard, and surf this year and got a rocking exile system installed. Had a great time making memories on the Moomba win friends and family and I anxiously await the 2012 season (although the last two days have been pretty enough to ride). I hope 2012 brings much more rain than 2011 so that more people can enjoy the water in my state.

Bombguy
01-02-2012, 09:51 PM
I don't post much, except to ask questions of the learned, but I wanted to share in the New Year wishes. We had a wonderful year on the water in 2011. My 8 year old daughter learned to wakeboard, and the wife keeps getting more and more air. Me, I'm happy driving the boat. 2011 marked our 5th season in our 2005 Mobius LS, and we love it! We're soooo looking forward to an early warm spring in Dixie so we can get back on the water at Smith Lake. Happy New Year folks!!

Neil

deerfield
01-03-2012, 12:05 AM
Bombguy - Glad to have you post up and hear that 2011 was a good year for the family. I know what you mean by "I'm happy driving the boat." I see that Smith Lake is located in southern part of Alabama. So have a question for you. I may be driving east from Biloxi toward Jacksonville and have a couple days to enjoy the Gulf. Are there nice places in Mississippi and Alabama reachable from U.S. 10 or am I better off finding a place in Florida like Destin or Fort Walton? Sure would appreciate any guidance. Thanks. - Stuart

kaneboats
01-03-2012, 12:50 AM
Stuart, better give me a holler if you come through here. We can take a boat ride if you want.

Stacy, no thanks necessary but you are always welcome. I think of you every time I hitch up my boat. Can't wait to put my new board rack on and I'm still grateful for the mirror arm. I hope you and the family have a fantastic new year!

sandm
01-03-2012, 12:10 PM
2011 was a good year up here. became a homeowner again and am real happy about that, but it interfered with the prime boating season, so here's to 2012 putting more hours on the boat than '11..
no vacations last year other than a couple trips to see my mom in vegas, but planning a boating/camping trip to a new lake in the early summer, have a stretch goal of making it back to victoria canada for a few days, and have started snooping a long vacation back to panama city beach the end of august/early september(just need some cheap airfare)..

here's to a great 2012 and hope for lots of water across the country, especially down south....

jimmobius
01-13-2012, 12:31 AM
I didn't see this till just now of course , been a while since I've been on . Outstanding '11 to say the least.. I am so fortunate to have the work schedule and funds to enjoy our sport. I am looking to upgrade this year, haven't found the right boat yet, I will have a nice one for sale if it does happen.
Jim

millerda68
01-15-2012, 12:22 PM
I just wanted to echo all the above. Being new to the "family" this last year, the board here has been a wealth of information, help, and great people to interact with. Kane, Newty, Berger, MMandy just to name a few that have really helped me out in my first year of Moomba ownership.

Happy new year to all. Thanks for all the help and information in 2011. Now, just waiting for the temps to get back up there so we can pull the boat out of the garage :)