PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood 700u

New Guy
12-27-2011, 10:52 AM
Alright guys I got a Kenwood 700u for Christmas and I'm going to order some remotes for it. Does anybody know if I can do a transom and drivers remote both with the led displays?

sandm
12-27-2011, 12:34 PM
iirc, the hu will support up to 3. They have to have a unique address(like an ip) that the deck assigns. seems that there was a special "y" cable needed to support more than one tho.
there is only one remote that will work with that unit. the old style do not.

New Guy
12-27-2011, 12:47 PM
That's what I thought I just wanted to make sure. Does anybody have any installed pictures?

Brianinpdx
12-28-2011, 01:40 AM
I think Mandley is running that source unit with both driver side and transom remotes. Not sure where to find his install pics on here though....

Good head units. I like!

-Brian
Exile

New Guy
12-28-2011, 11:07 AM
Brian do you have the remotes and y cable?

sandm
12-28-2011, 11:09 AM
new, don't know how to access the stuff prior to the forum upgrade as I had a thread showing the install of my system, but here are a couple of shots of the deck installed in my supra. the dash install isn't really up to what I would like, but it worked in a pinch(was going through a divorce and had to get the boat out of the garage to sell the house, so I did the best I could at the time, and haven't found the time to clean up the trimring yet).. this was all installed over the factory kenwood deck/remote from '06. had to enlarge some of the holes in the transom to get the remote to fit. the 2 bolts that hold the old kenwood remote on are a little different spacing than the new remote...
overall, it's an awesome deck if you don't mind losing cd play. had a few people bitch about not being able to bring their own cd's, but I really like it..

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/sandm01/boat%20upgrades/PC190006.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/sandm01/boat%20upgrades/PC200006.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/sandm01/boat%20upgrades/PC190001.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/sandm01/boat%20upgrades/PC200001.jpg

sandm
12-28-2011, 11:10 AM
check david with earmark for the install stuff, or ebay. that's where I got mine from..

New Guy
12-28-2011, 11:45 AM
Thanks SandM I am really considering relocating mine to the drivers side so i don't have to buy another remote.

sandm
12-28-2011, 02:07 PM
with a cd-driven deck, I would agree with you, but I have found with this one, that once you load a usb/ipod with a days-worth of music, you really don't ever use any controls that the remotes won't run. if I was running your system, I would recommend spending the $100 for an additional remote and just leaving the deck inplace. the extra money/time you will be out running rca's/wiring all over the boat would defeat half the cost of a new remote at the least :)

good luck. you will really like the versatility of this unit. tons of settings..

oh ya, one final note... go pack!!!!

cbaarestad
12-28-2011, 10:41 PM
well I just put one of these beautiful bad boys in my little floating love!!!

New Guy
12-29-2011, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the pictures guys!

bergermaister
12-29-2011, 01:38 PM
Mark- not sure if you have the same little panel on the right side of the dash as the newer models but if you do hit up Newty about how he did his remote mount on the driver side. I've seen it in person, I believe he is running the same HU and remote, and it is freakin' awesome. Looks better than factory.

He's been quiet lately - must be sleeping off his HO still... :D

cbaarestad
12-29-2011, 03:24 PM
The mounting of the remote on the dirvers side isn't difficult by any means. I used a dremel cutting tip just be really careful because it likes to jump. Just like anything that you'd want to look good, jut take your time and it'll always turn out how you'd envisioned it!

mmandley
12-30-2011, 11:03 AM
Mark- not sure if you have the same little panel on the right side of the dash as the newer models but if you do hit up Newty about how he did his remote mount on the driver side. I've seen it in person, I believe he is running the same HU and remote, and it is freakin' awesome. Looks better than factory.

He's been quiet lately - must be sleeping off his HO still... :D

Dont fool yourself, we used mine as the first Rev of his madness LOL. He used mine in case he made mistakes, then he liked it so much he went and bought one and did it to his LOL

New Guy
12-30-2011, 11:50 AM
So Mike where are the pictures?

BTW I sent that carpet out for you yesterday, let me know if you get it.

mmandley
12-31-2011, 09:47 PM
So Mike where are the pictures?

BTW I sent that carpet out for you yesterday, let me know if you get it.

I posted the pic in the other thread about 700u lol I'll be home from our 5k trip tomorrow night so I'll about re posting it

New Guy
01-24-2012, 10:51 AM
For you guys that are running an eq ws/exile/bulletlines which rca outputs are you pulling from the head unit? Are you pulling just off of the front?

MLA
01-24-2012, 02:34 PM
You can use either the front or rear, just make sure the fade is centered. And if you use the rear output and it also doubles as a sub chnl, make sure its not set to the low-pass or sub selection. You need ti to be full-range. You can also use the "Non-Fade" output if the head-unit has one, just make sure its sensitivity is set to a medium point if its adjustable.