PDA

View Full Version : Going to look at 2006 LSV

patrick232
12-26-2011, 06:26 PM
We had a 2007 XLV for three seasons and sold it sept 2010. Used friends boats for the 2011 season. Tuesday I'm going to look at 2006 Möbius LSV with just over 100 hour. It has cover, bimini, gravity I center bag. What should I look at on this model and how hard is it to add the rear bags. The only issue the boat has is bottom paint, not sure if that is an issue.

wolfeman131
12-26-2011, 11:32 PM
Where is it at? I'm visiting my folks in Westerville this week. Adding bags can be easy if you want to simply use the hand held tsunami pumps or as complicated as you want to go with the reversible pumps, stainless thru hulls, etc.

Check to see what sort of maintenance has been performed. Low hours are great unless the boat was simply forgotten about. The fluids all should have been changed every year, it should probably be on it's 3rd impeller, etc. Don't think the bottom paint would be more than a cosmetic issue and could probably be removed.

patrick232
12-28-2011, 09:49 AM
Drew, The boat is in Sandusky, so I had a little drive yesterday to look at it.
Overall the boat needs a bath uncovered inside storage and some detailing. Small fiberglass damage just under the horn area and a braken trailer jack. The bottom paint is cosmetic and has been discussed with the broker. Made a $24,000 offer as is and a $24,500 offer with a detail and bottom repaint.
I was looking at wakemakers and might go with one of their kits with hand held pumps.