PDA

View Full Version : Slalom in Tempe area

BensonWdby
12-25-2011, 11:25 PM
Anyone know of a place to get in a run in the Tempe Arizona area - in February? Slalom... Instruction or open skiing.

mmandley
12-25-2011, 11:37 PM
Hey man, i been in Phoenix all week, in Tempe a couple of times lol. Nope no water parks, or ski areas in Phoenix area i know of. Plesent lake is the only water body i know of and i dont know if its even open in the winter.

newty
12-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Roosevelt and Bartlett are a couple other lakes in the area. Bartlett stays pretty warm. They use the lake for cooling water at one of the power plants. I know there are a couple private community ski lakes in the Pheonix area but I'm not sure if there is any access to the public.

sled - 1
12-29-2011, 11:56 AM
Funny Dave, don't seem to recall any emails about a ski trip in feb :) there is a small man made lake on the way to Tuscon from tempe. Can't remember the hwy but the lake is visible right from the hwy. Last time I was there on my Harley I stopped by to watch nitro boat drags. Its a whole sports complex with a road track and such, I'm 99% sure you can ski there

BensonWdby
12-29-2011, 06:27 PM
Sled - Actually I am not the one going. But we are planning a group trip to the Liquid Edge the week of June 8th - but you know how that goes... I found a group of guys near our lake to ski with - on a course - and now that I have a portable I hope to be turning a lot of balls this season.

sled - 1
01-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Well Dave just remind me of that June 8th date and I will try to meet you there. My lake still has plenty of open water, today 17 degrees....just doesn't feel like ski weather to me though :)