PDA

View Full Version : Our Moomba Mobius V v2.0

ryan_8099
12-25-2011, 08:14 PM
We posted pictures when we first got the boat, but after all the upgrades I couldn't resist. A lot of our decisions were based on feedback from the forums so thanks to all! We were in desperate need of snow and of course, the one day it decides to snow is the day we pick up the boat. Hoping for some warm weather to dry the boat out in the garage now. Dealer said the wake was awesome during the water test, so we can't wait to get it out there! Merry Christmas to me :-P

Upgrades include:
Monster Tower MT2 w/ Mirror
Krypt WB/Surf and KB/WB racks
Ballast - 3 bag system (2x 750s and GG 1180 center)
Custom snap cover
Perfect Pass WB edition

KG's Supra24
12-25-2011, 09:14 PM
Those are huge upgrades! Going to be a whole new boat. Congrats and best of luck on the long wait till winter!!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

mmandley
12-25-2011, 11:44 PM
Nice looking boat man, and i have to say WOW i dont think i ever seen a Moomba being towed in Snow, lots sitting in the snow, some in the water with snow on the shore, and even in a lift with snow all around but not being towed threw the snow LOL.

viking
12-26-2011, 04:48 PM
nice looking. Question, are those snaps below your rub rail? Looks like it in the pics.

bret
12-26-2011, 08:11 PM
Yep below the rub rail. We leave the boat moored on our dock during the season, so the extra length protects from fading. (Although it will make it marginally more difficult to snap the cover on.)

moombadaze
12-26-2011, 08:35 PM
good placement with the tower-looks good

ryan_8099
12-26-2011, 09:49 PM
The snow definitely sucked, had to take the tower down while it was snowing. Definitely not an ideal situation for us, and I'm can't imagine what some people on the highway thought. Hopefully the last time we ever have to tow the boat in the snow.

bergermaister
12-27-2011, 02:37 AM
Bret / Ryan - boat is looking great! Always wanted to see this hull with a different tower. Ballsy driving home in the snow man! Can't say I blame ya though. I'd be excited to get it back too.

Countdown is on for summer now!

wolfeman131
12-27-2011, 10:02 AM
Bret / Ryan - boat is looking great! Always wanted to see this hull with a different tower. Ballsy driving home in the snow man! Can't say I blame ya though. I'd be excited to get it back too.

Countdown is on for summer now!

Yeah, what he said! Great pics of the boat in the snow.

New Guy
12-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Awesome upgrades Ryan. I towed my boat home in the snow the year I bought it in TN. Man did I get some looks but I didn't care it was going in the garage.

If you don't mind who did your cover and about what did it run. you can pm me.

ryan_8099
12-27-2011, 01:34 PM
Awesome upgrades Ryan. I towed my boat home in the snow the year I bought it in TN. Man did I get some looks but I didn't care it was going in the garage.

If you don't mind who did your cover and about what did it run. you can pm me.

Thanks, I am actually not sure who did the cover. The dealership contracts it out to someone in Appleton and all of our contact was through the dealer and forwarded on to the cover shop. They gave us different options (snaps below rub rail or above, sinch cover etc), but it seemed with it being on the water the snap cover was the way to go. It was 1050 with tax. A little more than we wanted to spend, but hopefully it is worth it. Due to the weather we weren't able to actually see it with the cover fully on. It seems pretty nice, but it is hard to say until we take it out in the spring. You can give Freemont marine a call if you are looking for a cover. They were great to work with and very detail oriented.

New Guy
12-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Thanks Ryan. I am going to consider my options before I buy. I'm leaning towards and evolution cover but we'll see.

bret
12-27-2011, 05:15 PM
We would have gotten an evolution cover for sure, but with an aftermarket tower and not having the exact measurements for our hull, it wasn't feasible.

New Guy
12-28-2011, 12:04 AM
Gotcha Bret still a sweet setup.