PDA

View Full Version : If you love golf . . .

kaneboats
12-21-2011, 03:31 PM
The golf ball Mojo thing along with all the hypothetical scenarios got me thinking. Answer one of these questions if you have a good one:

What is the best golf course you ever played?
What is the most memorable shot you ever hit?
What is your greatest golf memory?

Should be some good ones here.

bergermaister
12-21-2011, 03:37 PM
The Reserve - Portland Area

Father's Day 1999, 3rd hole, crappy sidehill lie and trying to make up for a choking on the t-shot. Pulled out the 4-iron. Swung too hard, so much so that when I connected with the dirt (not the ball) I dislocated my left shoulder.

Uh, it was a love/hate thing for me. Probably not the greatest memory but see answer above.

Played years later and was still a love/hate thing. Dislocated same shoulder AGAIN and haven't played since, doubt I ever will. :(

dusty2221
12-21-2011, 04:16 PM
I've never officially swung a club. Sure, I've nailed a few balls playing put put, and a few drunkin tennis ball hits with a club, but aside from that I've got nothing.

zabooda
12-21-2011, 04:30 PM
I'm not a golfer but driving golf balls off a dock in Oyster Bay in Bremerton Washington was the most fun. It was a nice drunken company party and it appears they do this quite often. They retreive most of the balls during low tide. I don't think we hit any boaters or at least no one said anything.

chawk610
12-21-2011, 04:49 PM
[QUOTE=kaneboats;163486]The golf ball Mojo thing along with all the hypothetical scenarios got me thinking. Answer one of these questions if you have a good one:

Should be some good ones here.[/QUOTE

Golf 18 Dallas (every hole is famous (not in the Paris Hilton sort of way) :)
Rockwood Golf Course Par 3, Elevated green, 5 iron to within 15 ft of flag (bogied)
First legite par at Pecan Hills, Benbrook, TX.

jmvotto
12-21-2011, 05:18 PM
Oak hill country club, rochester ,ny. shot 78 from the black tees. Bogied 17 and 18 coming in.

7 iron from 175 over the pond. Backed up 10ft first hole in one. Lost match one down. Got drunk though. Lol

Sunday afternoon at the masters 2002 tiger held of goosen in the final.

kaneboats
12-21-2011, 06:29 PM
I played Medinah 2 weeks before the PGA Championship in 1999. That was an a$$ kicking. Gives you a new respect for tour pros.
I was there on the 17th on Sun. when Sergio Garcia hit that shot when he closed his eyes. He almost beat Tiger.
My best memory was when I finally got a new set of clubs -- I had used garage sale stuff till then -- I hit a 7 iron from about 150 out to about 3 feet. The next year I holed one out from 120 with a 9 iron. I've never hit a hole in one though. Did win 4 tickets to Sea World in a closest to the pin in a tourney last year.

sandm
12-21-2011, 09:54 PM
I was an avid golfer, 2-3x/week and now only play 4-6 times a year. blame skiers for that :) had a 14 handicap when I quit, but still shoot in the 80's when I do play..

-most memorable course is Bountiful Ridge in salt lake city. public course that was one of the original Links LS courses for the pc. loved it and best value I have ever found..
-best shot would have to be #16 160yd par3 at Boise Ranch. uphill blind shot. landed 6inches from the pin and stuck in it's own divot. gimmie birdie, but I putted anyway..
-greatest golf memory? long story here, but learned how to play from my grandpa. he would take me every week as a kid(had my own chi chi rodrigues clubs) to mow the lawn at the apartment complex they owned. I drove the rider. my payment was lunch as the local burger joint and a round of golf at this dinky little par3. longest hole was 200yards. I was 7-10 at the time. I remember walking every hole with him(passed 8 years ago). I have the Johnny Walker Bourbon hole-in-one certificate he got there for acing a 90yard par3 hole..
I thank him for teaching me the game at some point in every round. I have met some amazing people across the country playing as a single both here at home and my clubs travel on every vacation I have taken.. even to fiji....

jmvotto
09-10-2014, 10:17 PM
Old thread revived.

Finally bought new clubs this summer after 15 years with the same callawY x12 irons.

Got ping I 25,
I play once evey other week. Three weeks ago I won the club championship, have not played since, today shot 71 1 under. 5 birdies, 4 bogeys and 9 pars. First individual sub 18 hole round ever..

Must be the new arrows!!:cool:

sandm
09-11-2014, 07:52 AM
my pings are from '98 and I really like them. I have thought several times about replacing them but look at the cost and really decide the only reason I'm not breaking 80 more consistently is the operator, not the clubs :)

Jason05216
09-11-2014, 03:27 PM
Best Course-Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs

Best Shot-Drawing 3 wood on a blind dog leg left second shot from about 220 yds that ended up on the green on a par 5 at the club we used to play at. I know I didn't make eagle so I probably 3 putted like usual and made par.

Best Memory-Hitting balls on the range with my son when he was maybe 4 and how excited he was that he could hit the ball.

mikenehrkorn
09-11-2014, 04:18 PM
I'll jump in....

What is the best golf course you ever played? Pebble Beach

What is the most memorable shot you ever hit? Actually two of them.....I've never been blessed enough for the vaunted hole-in-one, but I have twice done what some say is an even harder feat -- double eagle on two different courses!!

What is your greatest golf memory? About 3 years ago I was able to persuade my wife and both of my kids out for 9 holes together as a family. Don't think I played very well, but still had a huge smile on my face the whole time!!

csm
09-11-2014, 10:31 PM
I'll play...

Greatest Course - Pebble Beach

Greatest shot - High draw 5-iron on a 205 yard par 3... Only hole in one of my life.

Greatest Memory - Just walking around Pebble, on a flawless, windless day.