PDA

View Full Version : losing a sense

sandm
12-21-2011, 10:08 AM
so with all the theoretical questions going around, thought I'd post this up. several of us were in a discussion the other day at work debating which would you rather lose- sight or hearing?

I can't imagine losing either and have all the respect in the world for those that have, but I think sight would be the hardest to lose. it would suck to never hear the rumble of a small block again tho..

dusty2221
12-21-2011, 10:28 AM
I'd say sight also. Not being able to see just sounds like a terrible thing to have to deal with. I admire those that live with conditions like that.

lsvboombox
12-21-2011, 10:58 AM
I'd rather lose hearing.

chawk610
12-21-2011, 11:12 AM
HUH? :) hearing all day! I have to have sight. Even deeper... I would choose sight over an arm!

kaneboats
12-21-2011, 11:37 AM
Hmmm. Which would be better for your marriage?

bergermaister
12-21-2011, 12:31 PM
Which would I rather lose...
If I were stuck on the desert island with Kathy - sight!
If I were stuck on the island with Carmen - hearing!

I've actually thought about this before and I'd much rather lose my hearing. At least I could still watch my kids grow up, live a fairly normal life without assistance.

newty
12-21-2011, 12:43 PM
As long as you have a "sense of humor" losing the others is ok.

I'd say hearing, then I have an excuse to be loud when I drink!

rdlangston13
12-21-2011, 12:53 PM
Hearing easily since mine is already half gone.

bergermaister
12-21-2011, 01:50 PM
I'd say hearing, then I have an excuse to be loud when I drink!

Yah, like you need an excuse. For either one!

mmandley
12-21-2011, 03:43 PM
I would have to say Hearing is the prefered sence to lose. I would dread losing my sight due to reasons mentioned above and plus i dont need to hear to play water sports or drive lol.

As for body parts, Hands are the most important other then eyes. I have a phobia about my hands and i hate anyone touching them or messing with them Even with Claudia i can only hold her hand for so long them im all fraked out and have to do my own hand holding lol.

kaneboats
12-21-2011, 04:06 PM
Exile wouldn't be getting any more money from me.

mmandley
12-21-2011, 04:08 PM
Exile wouldn't be getting any more money from me.

Id still spend as much, cant let my crew suffer just because i can hear it. Besides i think my boat is loud enough for the deaf to hear. Id be willing to test the theory if its in the big man upstairs plan for me. Hope its not but id crank that chit non the less lol

At least when the po po pulls me over for playing it to loud i sign to them im deaf. Huh?? and they would understand LOL

viking
12-23-2011, 01:59 AM
all you ding-dongs should have said "hearing" for sure since you wouldn't be able to check the forum every minute of every day if your sight was gone!
Think about it :D

You guys are losing your "sense of sense"

rc5695
12-23-2011, 11:27 AM
hearing for sure. At least that way6 ou can still get aroiund and live a mostly normal life. I can't imagine having to get around blind. That's a much more severe disability imo, and put a severe cramp on "normal" lifestyle....