PDA

View Full Version : Mojo - First Ride

wolfeman131
12-16-2011, 05:24 PM
So, I pulled into Atlanta Marine this morning to have the winterization done and guess what I see? Yep, their first Mojo being delivered. Of course I offered to help prep the boat and take it out for a test run.

First impression: WHOOOOOOOO FRIGGIN' HOOOOOOOO! What a boat!

It sits TALL on the trailer because it is so deep, yet when driving it handled as well as my OBV when empty or loaded with stock ballast. We crashed thru our own 3+ft rollers and stayed dry.

I'm leaving for a weekend trip now, but have a few videos I will post on Sunday when I get home. The wakes looked GREAT with stock ballast. Wakeboard wake looked firm & rampy, surf wave was a good height and long. The surf platform was cool & I do think it improved the shape & length of the wave.

All you haters need to check this thing out in person.

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/2011-12-16_11-52-33_267.jpg

me inside the observer's cubby

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Mojo/2011-12-16_13-00-27_416.jpg

yeah, there is some legroom - those are Heidi's legs and she had a good foot of space under the helm

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Mojo/2011-12-16_12-58-59_416.jpg

KG's Supra24
12-16-2011, 05:37 PM
Finally a solid color!!!!!!!!!!

wolfeman131
12-16-2011, 05:56 PM
What else I liked:

Recesses in the dash to the left of the glovebox & to the right of the instrument cluster that my smartphone fit in perfectly.

The Oz tower. I wasn't impressed with the first pics and was sure I would get the V2. But, once on the boat, I really liked that you could see thru the tower. I really liked not having any tower legs in my forward vision field. Also, plenty of headroom for my 5'10" frame.

Snap in carpet. I have 3 kids & a dog, so need I say more. The floor under was finished nice with straight lines, etc. The "bumps" KG felt under the carpet when he checked one out were the access covers for the fuel pump and forward ballast tank. I understand, and may one day appreciate ease of accessibility, but I get what KG was saying.

The pedestal seat. Again, something I thought blah from the first photos, but it's barely noticeable whe you're in the boat. And, it swivels! It's a larger, comfy seat than mine but I do like the open back of the design in my OBV.

Vinyl & padding. Much improved. Looks & feels much nicer than year's past. Not Supra nice, but a great improvement.

Cooler. Hello, hello, hello? Can you hear me down there? Gotta be room for 48+ cans. I hope to test the capacity next week.

Ballast system. Switches on the dash! Fill % indicators on the Digital Cruise. Reversible pumps. Seemed like a pretty fast fill time and teh plug & play for larger bags. The rubber mats in the lockers are a fantastic idea.

Room for 16. Party time. The "spork" front is really nice and I am a fan of the looks & functionality.

Surf platform. Big enough to gear up & for a few folks to hang out, but I think the real benefit is the surf wave shape you get from the design and filled in bottom.

Kicker speaker grills & sony head unit. The grills now look like "spokes" ala Polks and the Sony remote is a huge step forward from the Aeware.

Motor. K&N air filter staring back at you when you open the hatch. Cats on the exhaust so it's quiet at idle but sounds wicked when you jump on the throttle. We got her up to 42 mph today & she may have had more, but we didn't want to push it too hard.

The look. Of the Mojo itself and especially the one on the face of the dude water testing the Vandal. He looked jealous and scared when I sent a surf roller his way and almost flipped his ride.

KG's Supra24
12-16-2011, 06:19 PM
I can't believe you came on here and taunted that you have pics of the surf wave and told us to wait until Sunday!!!

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/image/ban%20him/grand/ban_him_4.jpg

New Guy
12-16-2011, 06:27 PM
Haha I agree KG I want to see more pictures of the boat, wake, ect!

you da man
12-16-2011, 07:52 PM
Wait...pics of the boat but no wake pics with all that water testing?

bergermaister
12-16-2011, 07:57 PM
Tease...

You know Drew's savoring every moment of suspense here.

wolfeman131
12-16-2011, 08:38 PM
At dinner now. Trying to upload vids to youtube from phone.

jmvotto
12-16-2011, 10:44 PM
Drew. Does that one have a pretty red bow on it already fir the wolfe family?

Solid looks nice. I guess we can wait til sunday.

wolfeman131
12-16-2011, 11:45 PM
Ok, made it to cabin & got on wireless. Working on uploading vids.

JV, no this one won't be mine. I don't want the snap on cover. I talked w/ Corey @ Evolution today & he will make me a custom mooring cover w/ an extra piece that will cover transom & swim platform. That part of my boat is exposed to the sun in the boathouse and I didn't like how it oxidized this year.

I may also order w/out a sound system and plan a trip to TX to see difference between KG & Dusty's systems then hire one of them to install a system for me.

I also have my eye on a 242. Decisions, decisions, decisions . . .

mmandley
12-16-2011, 11:55 PM
Looks pretty nice man, i like your enthusiasum but i doubt you would have truly scred a Vandel Edition Axis with a stock surf wave since that boat has an even deeper body. LOL

It does look pretty nice and im patiently waiting for AWS to get one but honestly, i still cant get past the Nose and the fact Moomba has removed the panel at the throttle location. I have never liked boats that were plain fiberglass in this area. It just gives me an unfinished look.

Headed on Vaca tomorrow and ill be in AZ, be in my home town of Tucson, i plan to make the stop at Evelotion and meet Cory in person. I will be ordering a cover this spring from him as well.

As for decisions of a Mojo or a 242, if money isnt that deciding factory id be all over a 242. Hands down between those 2 boats. If it truly up to me i got a couple on my short list thats for sure. LOL

jmvotto
12-17-2011, 12:14 AM
I also have my eye on a 242. Decisions, decisions, decisions . . .

gotta luv the 242:cool:

wolfeman131
12-17-2011, 01:11 AM
Ok, here you go. This was w/ stock 400 in rear and center (400?) and 3 peeps, all under 180 lbs. I plan to head back next wk with a 750 for the rear & 370 for the bow. Sorry for bad vids - took these w/ cell phone.

Wakeboard wake w/ wake plate adjustments
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/profile?user=dwolfe131&v=bAa8g8bmVPk&view=videos

Surf wave
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/profile?user=dwolfe131&v=boApuLzNYho&view=videos

Surf platform
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/profile?user=dwolfe131&v=TP3Mc8oaVig&view=videos

maxpower220
12-17-2011, 09:36 AM
Your links did not work for me?

wolfeman131
12-17-2011, 10:25 AM
Paul,

I tried to post from my iPad. They seem to be working for me when I click on them. Maybe search Dwolfe131 on YouTube? The vids are titled "mojo surf wave," "mojo surf platform" and "mojo wakeboard wake."

lsvboombox
12-17-2011, 10:30 AM
Links work... That surf wave is goons need a lot of help. Can't wait to see a sac'd out mojo

BensonWdby
12-17-2011, 11:07 AM
Links do not work for me either .
So How's the slalom wake?

bergermaister
12-17-2011, 12:18 PM
Try these - http://www.youtube.com/user/dwolfe131?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase

Not bad. Surf looks clean but could be bigger! I ride normal so was hoping to see that side as well.

you da man
12-17-2011, 12:29 PM
Surf wake looks pretty clean for the conditions...gonna have to see it with 3000lbs in the boat.

mmandley
12-17-2011, 01:30 PM
Surf wake looks pretty clean for the conditions...gonna have to see it with 3000lbs in the boat.

My thoughts exactly, for the water conditions it doesnt look bad, would have liked to see the Reg side wave though, then you can see if the prop rotation is going to effect it at all, wave looks decent but very small, all your going to do is ride that wave, maybe a spin but its not professional hieght LOL Drop those 750s in there and lets see how she looks. I like the platform but i want to see it sitting idle with a 750 sac to see how it looks, then see it come up to surf speed, i want to see that wave pop up.

wolfeman131
12-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Yes, I agree the wave could be bigger. As I said, it's a big boat and the stock 400 in the rear ain't gonna do it. Needs to be more like Dusty's Momma and have more junk in da trunk.

I will do my best to get back to the boat next week & throw my 750 on top of the 400 and another 400 in the bow. Our family rides reg, so I'm real interested to see that myself. I will also try to remember to take a better video camera.

If I do get back, what else do you all want to see?

jmvotto
12-18-2011, 08:34 AM
Drew, thanks for the pics. You are the only one brave enough to get what the forum wants. Wake pics of the mojo. I am sure when weighted properly, the surf wave will be great. May take alot of weight since the boat is big. Can the 1180 fit in the center locker?

wolfeman131
12-18-2011, 09:28 AM
Ah, JV, there isn't a center locker! It's a hard tank & I'm not 100% sure of the capacity. The boat I was in had playpen seating up front & there is room under the seat for a bag, maybe a 400. I forgot to look under the seats but will check on room for an IBS.

KG's Supra24
12-18-2011, 11:13 AM
If I do get back, what else do you all want to see?

Pics of the 242 you have your eye on and its surf wave :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bergermaister
12-18-2011, 12:25 PM
I can just picture the look on the dealer's face when you show up with a big armload of fatsacs and a big sh-- eatin grin on your face.

Agree with all of the others - if this is tagged as a "surf" boat then let's see the best surf wave you can get out of it . 400, 750, 1100, 1180, IBS - whatever it takes. stack 'em up (or whatever the dealer is wiling to let you get away with!)

kaneboats
12-18-2011, 11:51 PM
Be nice if you could shoot a walkaround video of the interior, dash, storage, etc. That surf wake looks awesome if you compare what my LSV wake looks like with just a 400 lb stock bag in there. It's going to be incredible. Look how far back the pocket would be with just the 400. I'm excited to see what you get.

Nice work by the way!

dusty2221
12-19-2011, 10:26 AM
This thread needs more Heidi

04OUTBACK
12-19-2011, 12:03 PM
I can see it now.. hanging out at the dealership on weekends, waiting for a delivery..
Hi my name is Drew. I have a boat and will help you launch yours for the first time. dont mind that i bring all my gear and cameras.. dont worry about the break in period.. thats just mumbo jumbo.. LETS SURF

wolfeman131
12-19-2011, 12:54 PM
This thread needs more Heidi

You may have to settle for me in a wetsuit.

chawk610
12-19-2011, 01:38 PM
"So, I pulled into Atlanta Marine this morning to have the winterization done and guess what I see? Yep, their first Mojo being delivered. Of course I offered to help prep the boat and take it out for a test run."

How does one achieve this? I seriously doubt my dealer would have hooked it up to my truck and sent me on my way! :)

dusty2221
12-19-2011, 02:04 PM
Drew isn't just your average Joe customer at atl marine.

kaneboats
12-19-2011, 02:35 PM
He has to wait a second when he pulls up. They valet park his truck, roll out a nice plush red carpet for him to walk on and then serve him his champagne.

chawk610
12-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Dang... sounds nice. I would be happy with a Natty light and a can of Vienna Sausages!

kaneboats
12-19-2011, 03:05 PM
Now you're talking about the Bayliner dealer.

chawk610
12-19-2011, 03:07 PM
BAAAAHAAAAA!!!!! Good one!

wolfeman131
12-19-2011, 04:54 PM
The fine folks at Atlanta Marine take awful good care of all of their customers. The only reason I might get a little extra love is thanks to all of you guys that have taken my advice and called them for parts or service questions and have been nice enough to mention my name.

Also, the folks at Atlanta Marine love what they do and they recognize and share my passion. IMO, that is what helps to set them apart and ahead of the rest. When I was there last Friday, the owner, Kurt, was about as giddy as I was! He actually asked me if I had a wesuit & board in the truck.

Today was another gorgeous day in the ATL, but I got hung up on conference calls. But, the boss has some Christmas shopping left to do for the kiddos, so I'll have some Daddy Daycare kind of fun & run them up later this week with me for some more time on the Mojo. I will try and do some more video of the boat & features as well as a sac'd out surf wave.

you da man
12-20-2011, 12:23 AM
I will try and do some more video of the boat & features as well as a sac'd out surf wave.

I have a request when you experiment with a lot more weight. In addition to weighting the surfside with ballast...can you also try AND note adding a little ballast to the opposite side rear sac. We've all had pretty good success at doing this to add more push to the wake...just a suggestion, thanks. Also, might want to take notes as to wakeplate position and speed. Wow, this is going to be like the prop test. If South Austin Marine would let me take out a Mojo for a few hours I'd gladly show up with 3200lbs of sacs and try every configuration: regular, goofy, with and without opposite side rear ballast, with and without extra bow sac, etc... I'd also bring my drysuit and surf it just to have a rider on the wake to show scale as video and pics without a rider make the wake look different. I have two Moomba owner friends who I'm sure would help me out. Hey Rick...want to make this happen...lol.

jpetty3023
12-20-2011, 02:34 AM
I'm right there with ya AJ, just let me know when!

mmandley
12-21-2011, 04:00 PM
This is how AWS is, i go there quite a bit and get spome pretty decent perks of the trade. I got in the Evening with the Stars an hour before the sow to get private boat pics before the crowd showed up, get VIP passes to the Portland Boat show each year, Prolly could get VIP to the Seattle Show if i asked lol. I get free banners, and other cool items.

This all has to do with visitng the dealer, getting to know the people, know the products like they do so you can help them. Refer people who actually saw they got refered, get the dealer knowing your name like you know there. Get this done and almost any dealler with a turd will treat you like royalty.

I do this with almost every company i deal with when it comes to big money items. To me its just smart buisness. This is also how i get all my connections with people that sell things i like to buy. Remember befriend the ones who have what you want, and spy on the ones who dont. This way all basses are covered lol.

New Guy
12-21-2011, 06:10 PM
^So when is the new Wetsounds 485's coming out.

KG's Supra24
12-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Spring time

bergermaister
12-29-2011, 06:43 PM
So Drew, where's Round 2 (3?) of pics and vids of the sac'd out wake?

dusty2221
12-29-2011, 06:47 PM
He bought a 242 and never looked back, from what I hear. :)

bergermaister
12-29-2011, 06:52 PM
Really...... You sure it wasn't an MXZ?

I just stumbled across this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmRiEzg4dJ4

Not outstanding, just more to look at.

wolfeman131
12-29-2011, 06:53 PM
My apologies! Last minute Holiday shopping took priority & we left to visit family & friends in Ohio on the 26th. I'll try and get back out on the Mojo next week, but I know Atlanta Marine will be getting ready for the boat show.

rdlangston13
12-29-2011, 10:37 PM
I stopped by Rinkers today to check out a mojo and the show room floor was empty! Apparently all the new boats are at the convention center getting ready for the boat show and they are using this opportunity to remodel the show room. They did however replace the missing letters on the front of the building so it actually says Rinkers now.