PDA

View Full Version : Hoops ya'll!!!

skiyaker
12-11-2011, 12:23 AM
Anybody else on this forum give a rats A$$ about college hoops- or do we only care about pigskin? How about those Hoosiers rising up against the best college team money can buy. Hoosier nation will rise again!!! HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS!

wolfeman131
12-11-2011, 01:37 AM
Ask again in March . . .

deerfield
12-11-2011, 09:20 AM
skiyaker - We, too, celebrated Indiana's win last night over #1 Kentucky. Fantastic game and magical last second game shot winner. Our middle son graduated from Indiana in May. He has been telling us about the rebuilding program under the current coach. Lots of joy in his voice when we called him after the game. For sure Indiana will now pull up into the top-25 rankings. - Deerfield

rdlangston13
12-11-2011, 10:12 AM
what are hoops?

sandm
12-11-2011, 02:15 PM
what are hoops?

I think it's another one of those activities that has a group of whiners on a field being managed by another group of whiners in suits, with both groups of whiners claiming they are not making enough dough as their neighbor just bought a second ferrari and they need a 3rd to stay ahead :)

skiyaker
12-11-2011, 02:39 PM
Deerfield- congrats on your son's graduation; as a father of young boys I can only imagine that's a very proud moment as a dad.

Sandm- that's why I like college hoops- only a very select few programs pay their players with cars and such

Razzman
12-11-2011, 02:39 PM
Can't stand it at all, college or otherwise. In fact I didn't even like it as a kid.

Hoopskier
12-11-2011, 04:45 PM
what are hoops?

Hoops' are a family located in central WI. None of us play or have any interest in the sport of basketball.

jpetty3023
12-11-2011, 05:54 PM
I don't care for hoops at the collegiate or pro level. I was keeping my fingers crossed the nba season would have been cancelled but instead now we have 6 games on christmas day to open the season.

kaneboats
12-12-2011, 11:03 AM
The Flying Illini are 10-0. The Big10 (12) is to basketball what the SEC is to football. I have to admit though that for me college hoops starts the week after the super bowl. I do love the tourney though. It is the most exciting playoff there is in any sport.

dusty2221
12-12-2011, 11:10 AM
Add me into the list of absolutely hate it. My wife on the other hand.........ugh.

skiyaker
12-12-2011, 07:11 PM
@ KB- I'm usually the same way but this year's Colts team reminds me of why everybody in Indiana used to get ready for basketball around the first of December. The Big 10 indeed looks strong.

rdlangston13
12-12-2011, 09:58 PM
cant stand basketball, you cant even in enjoy your beer because you are always standing up to cheer for your teams since they score every 20 sec

jmvotto
12-12-2011, 10:46 PM
Thanks to the hoosiers SU Orange is standing on top.. Skiyaker i do remember 1987. i like college bb but as kane says the season starts. In february. March madness is one of the best sporting events going. Imho.

cab13367
12-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Wow, surprised to see so many hoops haters on here! I am a huge Kansas Jayhawks basketball fan (went to school at KU) and try to catch every game on TV or on the internet. They just beat the #2 team in the country over the weekend so pretty stoked about that. I also play pick up ball once a week throughout the school year - two hours of full court ball will get you in shape in a hurry. It's great exercise and complements the other team sport that I play - ice hockey.

KG's Supra24
12-12-2011, 11:52 PM
I'm a college bball fan. Our program at Arkansas is hopefully just getting back on track with Mike Anderson and back to 40 minutes of hell.

I think unc/duke is the best rivalry game in sports and the best playoffs are in march.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

kaneboats
12-13-2011, 10:38 AM
Wow, surprised to see so many hoops haters on here! I am a huge Kansas Jayhawks basketball fan (went to school at KU) and try to catch every game on TV or on the internet. They just beat the #2 team in the country over the weekend so pretty stoked about that. I also play pick up ball once a week throughout the school year - two hours of full court ball will get you in shape in a hurry. It's great exercise and complements the other team sport that I play - ice hockey.

Being from IL I used to like Bill Self and used to like KS. Now I hate them forever. I used to run full court every day too. I have two bum knees now so I can't even run or jump at all (and I was vertically challenged to begin with). I sure do miss it. I used to say that if they had the 3 point line when I was in HS I would have had an NBA career. A guy from my HS (pre 3 point line) actually led the NCAA in 3 point shooting one year. Now he's a figure skating announcer.

E4NASH
12-13-2011, 12:49 PM
LOVE COLLEGE basketball! As someone else said March madness is clearly my favorite time of year for sports! The Indiana game on Saturday is a perfect example of College bball's greatness!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deerfield
12-13-2011, 12:57 PM
The current coaches poll ranking:

# 19 Illinois - my wife's alma mater,
# 20 Indiana - my middle son's alma mater, and
# 21 Alabama - my youngest son's school.

There will be trash talk in our house over Christmas break!

ChrisK
12-13-2011, 01:07 PM
I'm a big basketball fan, I played competitively all through high school and a lot of pick up ball in college. I enjoy watching any level of it and I will argue why basketball is the greatest team sport on the planet till I'm blue in the face.

KG, you guys got a great coach in Mike Anderson. I had the opportunity to interview him a couple of times during my younger, journalism-major days here at Mizzou and he's a very level-headed, talented leader.

kaneboats
12-13-2011, 02:17 PM
Basketball is supposed to be the greatest team sport. Too bad it's all but lost that component. I still love seeing a TEAM, like the guys from Iowa or Wisconsin usually are, defeat a bunch of playground one on one guys like a Memphis team usually is.