PDA

View Full Version : Ski/Wakeboard on New Years Day

jmb
12-10-2011, 11:17 PM
I am wanting to do a round on New Years Day and be the first one out for the new year. Don't know if I can muster up the nard's to do it. If it's raining, I am not going to do it but if it's not I may try. Trying to get the wife on board with this. Will have the bow cover on. What do you all think? I can't guarantee this. Boat is still at the dealer but I told him I need it back next weekend for this reason. May have another heart attack getting in the water but I want to try.

wolfeman131
12-10-2011, 11:36 PM
Jack, I just pulled mine today after a final surf. It was great. Had a full wetsuit & dive boots with 55 degree water, about 50 degree air and some nice sun. Wish the sun would have stayed out longer!

jmb
12-10-2011, 11:51 PM
I have a full wet suit. I just saw your pics. Looks good. You made it look like it was warm. Makes me want to do it more so now. I didn't think the water was quite that chilly yet. I'll get over it though.

Mikey
12-11-2011, 12:08 AM
Dry suit and booties and you are good to go. Lets see you make it happen for those of us that it is Not an option at all. Let us live Vigariously through you. Good Luck..

moombadaze
12-11-2011, 10:42 AM
if the weather is good (sunny and not to cold) Ive been thinking about it. been a few years since we had a Jan 1 lake session

jmb
12-11-2011, 10:09 PM
I hope it will be half way decent that day. I plan on getting the boat back Saturday. I would imagine you are a little warmer down there. I need to start off on a better year so I thought why not trying this.

in the bubble
12-11-2011, 11:42 PM
I have done it the last couple of years, if I get a new board built then I will probably be riding up by the power plant, warmer water.

newty
12-12-2011, 10:30 AM
We'll be out rain or shine. Its been a tradition for a while with us. Drysuit and beer (for the numbing effect) we'll be good!