PDA

View Full Version : Bilge drain

silverski
05-23-2005, 11:13 AM
The owners manual states that some boats have a rear drain plug and some have an engine compartment plug. Is this an either/or? Do V-drives have a rear plug and d-drive have an engine compartment plug?

I had a fair amount of water in my ski locker. Parked on an incline. Pulled the rear plug. Bone dry. Backed it up and the auto bilge kicked out water briefly. Backed in garage and the ski locker had a bunch of water again. I scooped it out myslef, but I am obviously missing something.

Buttafewcoe
05-24-2005, 06:38 AM
There is a thread on here somewhere that metinoned to check the compartment drain holes (between the compartments) because of water standing in one of the lockers or storage areas. I have the mid-engine model with the drain hole under the block, and am not familiar with the V-drive. I would imagine there would be one or the other but not a transom drain and a drain amidship on the same boat (however, I have been wrong before). Hope this helps.
Jim
Hickory, NC

NC05LSV
05-28-2005, 04:00 PM
The V-drive models only have the one drain plug in the back of the boat through the transom. D-drives are different in that they have a plug beneath the engine as well........

millerthymes
06-06-2005, 11:16 AM
I had the same problem on my '05 Mobius LSV. All water seemed to drain on the ramp but once home the ski locker/ballast area was ful (5 inches or so) of water. To remedy it temporarily I pull the drain pump hose off the ballast and used it to suck the water down to about 1.5 inches. I don't understand how the engine compartment on my boat is dry but the front locker is full of water.