PDA

View Full Version : Slalom Ski rack?

tarheelskier
12-05-2011, 12:45 PM
Has anyone installed a Monster tower SKI rack (or similar) to the standard Rad-a-cage tower? Curious how it looks and would love to see some pics. Please let me know. Thanks!

moombadaze
12-05-2011, 08:37 PM
Todd aka 11 outback V, has some on his outback--not monster but ski racks to give you some idea

Mikey
12-05-2011, 09:50 PM
You can use the standard Board racks on this tower,if you move them down a rung and spread them apart. Its a tight fit with Double boots but depending how you put the ski(s) in it can be done.

viking
12-05-2011, 11:42 PM
I could never get my slalom double boot to fit in the OEM wake racks even moved down to the lowest oval crossmember. I can get a pair of skis with toe-kick in there though. Bought a Samson Ski rack from a fellow member a year ago and clamp fits on oval crossmember. Installed it on the top rung of the rad-a-cage and works great. Up and out of the way. If i can I'll resize a pic or load them up to flikr.

deerfield
12-05-2011, 11:44 PM
tarheel - I put two ski racks on the factory installed standard Rad-a-Cage tower on my 2007 Outback. These racks are perfect for holding double boot slalom ski, pair of combo skis, or jump skies. Best I can do for you are pictures of the racks mounted on the tower. Don't have pictures of the racks loaded with gear. Sorry. I think I paid around $80 four years ago for each set of racks. They came from a shop in California. - Deerfield

tarheelskier
12-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Deerfield, thanks for the pics. Viking, if you can get a pic too, that would be awesome. My main ski is a double boot Connelly also, so that is the main concern. Wifes ski has rear toe. Thanks for the info, any other pics would be great!

deerfield
12-06-2011, 01:08 PM
tarheel - Next pictures from me will have to wait until spring. Tower is hanging from garage rafters and boat is tucked away for the winter. - Deerfield

Mikey
12-06-2011, 11:31 PM
Sorry i don't have pics either but double boot skis can be inserted with racks between boots on double boot set up and normal with just toe plate usually fits quite easy. My other rack is in factory location un altered and wakeboards and or surf board fits there. I have the Spotters side set up for the skis as they are lower when set up this way and as a driver they obscure your side view,when driving when skis are in racks.

With care and a little fandangling 2X doubleboot skis will fit.