PDA

View Full Version : JL G1300 amps

KG's Supra24
12-01-2011, 04:39 PM
I have 2 JL G1300 amps. Monoblock amps that push 300w RMS each.

Season 1 - Each amp pushed a pair of Bullet Hollowpoint coaxials (150x2)
Season 2 - Each amp pushed a pair of Krypt HLCDs (150x2)

They make a great setup for pushing higher end coaxials or 6.5" HLCD's. Very efficient on battery draw.

Asking $150 for the pair.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_19989_JL_Audio_G1300.aspx

http://content.abt.com/image.php/large-43122.jpg?width=225&height=200&canvas&image=/images/products/BDP_Images/big_g1300.jpg

Top 2 amps in this pic ....

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i401/kwgarner24/DSC_0156.jpg

ryan_8099
12-07-2011, 03:28 PM
KG, keep in mind that I know next to nothing about audio equipment. We are looking at adding a second battery for our stereo so we don't have to worry about draining our battery. Currently, we have the stock 4 kicker speakers in our boat and are at the very early stages of seeing what we would want for audio. The kicker speakers seem sufficient since we can't listen too loud or we will get pulled over on our lake. Would an amp similar to this power the 4 speakers with an average sub?

KG's Supra24
12-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Do you know which Kicker speakers?

My gut reaction is that these amps would be a little overkill. You may be better off with a 4 channel amp and a separate sub amp.

If you are wanting to use my two amps for the 4 speakers and the sub, I don't think that would work as these are monoblock amps and cant handle more than 1 or 2 speaker load. However, one could be used to push a sub.

Phil would probably be the best person to give you an idea on whether the JL's would match up. My guess is he will have a different recommendation.

ryan_8099
12-08-2011, 10:52 AM
Do you know which Kicker speakers?

My gut reaction is that these amps would be a little overkill. You may be better off with a 4 channel amp and a separate sub amp.

If you are wanting to use my two amps for the 4 speakers and the sub, I don't think that would work as these are monoblock amps and cant handle more than 1 or 2 speaker load. However, one could be used to push a sub.

Phil would probably be the best person to give you an idea on whether the JL's would match up. My guess is he will have a different recommendation.

Thanks for the info, I have no idea what kicker speakers they are. I did some research though and saw that a lot of people here have upgraded their stock system with a ZXM700.5 with the KM10 so we will likely go that route if we can find a good deal or find them used from someone here.

New Guy
12-13-2011, 03:30 PM
Ryan I am really considering upgrading most of my stuff. If I do I will have a kicker 750.5 and a 650.4 for sale.

ryan_8099
12-13-2011, 04:43 PM
Ryan I am really considering upgrading most of my stuff. If I do I will have a kicker 750.5 and a 650.4 for sale.

Great, I might be interested in the 750.5. We put in a lot of money into the boat this year so we will see, but definitely let me know. We also have to add a 2nd battery first....Curious to as why the L5 (I assume that is the sub) is powered just by the 750.5? Are you upgrading that as well? You can PM me as I think KG probably is still trying to sell is stuff.