PDA

View Full Version : RONIX customer service

brain_rinse
12-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Unbelievable... I've had a fair amount of Ronix gear the past few years - several boards, boots, handles. A few items I've bought retail, a few others from discount wake sites, and a few others on eBay.

At the end of this year I had one of the laces on my binding pull apart a major support strap, and the stitching on my handle come unsewn. So I contacted Ronix customer service to see if either were common issues and if either could be repaired. I found the eBay invoice for the boots and nothing on the handle, plus it's 2009 gear and not under warranty. But they send if I wanted to send it in at my cost they would evaluate and see if either could be repaired. Worst case they said they'd cut me a deal on some replacement demo gear.

So guess what showed up in a big box this week? Brand new, 2012 boots and matching handle! I can't believe it! I think their boots are the best in the biz and always recommend them anytime someone asks. Now I can say their customer service is off the charts awesome as well!

ChrisK
12-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Cool to hear, merry Christmas!

KG's Supra24
12-01-2011, 04:13 PM
Wow!! Very nice.

you da man
12-01-2011, 04:27 PM
I had a friend of mine had issues with his Ronix boots towards the end of the season and he called them, however, they were out of his size. They had the new year's boots coming out and sent him the new stuff as well. Ronix One boots are the most comfortable boots I've had. I'm currently using Hyperlite Kobalts with The System, however, I am sacrificing a little comfort for the added feel/control of The System. I still ride the Ones on my other Slingshot still.

Jet
12-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Thats all of the gear I have for me and my wifes stuff..except for the slingshot reflex/one bindings that I bought for the park. Turned alot of friends on to them too! Love them

skiyaker
12-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Radar/Ronix really pride themselves on customer satisfaction and I've been pleased with their products on the ski side- of course I might be biased after winning a bunch of gear from them in a sweepstakes

12-02-2011, 04:07 AM
Ronix rules, plain and simple. I have been using their gear for 4 or 5 years now and I am pretty hard on my gear and when it comes to warranty, no one tops Ronix that I have found.

The 2012 boots are off the charts!

wolfeman131
12-02-2011, 08:35 AM
I suck at wakeboarding. Matter of fact, I'm so bad that I didn't even get on one this past season. Just old man surfin'. But I want to be able to at least ride since my daughters have been making fun of me. So, I see all this great info about Ronix boots and say to myself, "Merry Christmas!" and go to order a pair.

What the great-oggglie-goodlie have you all done?!?! $440??? I didn't hit "confirm order" yet. That's a bit of a bigger hit to ole' Kris Kringle's budget than I was expecting.

http://www.wakeaction.com/products/ronix-one-boot-black-caffeinated-red-2012.html

ryan_8099
12-02-2011, 10:04 AM
I suck at wakeboarding. Matter of fact, I'm so bad that I didn't even get on one this past season. Just old man surfin'. But I want to be able to at least ride since my daughters have been making fun of me. So, I see all this great info about Ronix boots and say to myself, "Merry Christmas!" and go to order a pair.

What the great-oggglie-goodlie have you all done?!?! $440??? I didn't hit "confirm order" yet. That's a bit of a bigger hit to ole' Kris Kringle's budget than I was expecting.

http://www.wakeaction.com/products/ronix-one-boot-black-caffeinated-red-2012.html

If you don't need the latest and greatest you can pick up a 2011 pair for much cheaper. I paid $225 shipped for mine on eBay and just got them yesterday :) They were brand new with tags, came in the box and everything.

KG's Supra24
12-02-2011, 11:48 AM
Agreed, pick up last years model.

skylar18
12-02-2011, 12:07 PM
I think Ronix boots are the most comfortable and their customer service cannot be beat! No matter what board my kids and I are using, we use Ronix boots on it.

wolfeman131
12-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Agreed, pick up last years model.

This from the guy who just posted up pics of BOXES of Wetsounds gear!

My philosophy is the same here as it is for golf. It's as important to LOOK like you know what you're doing as to actually KNOW what you're doing. You can always blame your suckiness on an old injury, poor conditions, etc. :)

rdlangston13
12-02-2011, 01:22 PM
"the system" just looks like a snow board setup. not sure they really invented anything very new

you da man
12-02-2011, 03:04 PM
"the system" just looks like a snow board setup. not sure they really invented anything very new

They didn't invent anything "new", they just applied it to another sport. My Ronix One boots are more comfortable but they don't have the feel The System does and I don't think any conventional boot can. However, I can just as easily go back to my boots and The System back and forth without an issue. I haven't tried any other System boot besides the Kobalt so I can't say if the other models are more comfortable. I chose the Kobalt because it had the lowest cuff and most flex. I actually ride with the top laces almost undone for flexibility. I think the Ronix One will be the leading boot for years to come.

rdlangston13
12-02-2011, 03:08 PM
So is a 2010 ronix one really that inferior to a 2012? I found a 2010 on sale on eBay. Also do the sizes run big or small? I wear like a 11 in cowboy boots, 12 in work boots, and 12-13 in tennis shoes...

brain_rinse
12-02-2011, 03:12 PM
The Hype System is definitely interesting and I'd like to try it out at some point. I like the idea of easy board sharing, and it would be perfect for the park. But I couldn't keep the boots on after riding on the boat, so now I've got to find a place for them. Then you just have a bunch of wet boots in the boat? I dunno... I like the locked-in snowboard feel, which is why I ride the Cells and would probably like the System binding as well.

brain_rinse
12-02-2011, 03:18 PM
So is a 2010 ronix one really that inferior to a 2012? I found a 2010 on sale on eBay. Also do the sizes run big or small? I wear like a 11 in cowboy boots, 12 in work boots, and 12-13 in tennis shoes...

I'd gladly continue riding 2009 Ronix boots. There are a few improvements that make the newer boots even more comfortable and improve durability, but 2010 boots are still going to be awesome.

As for the sizes I think they are right on, and you can adjust a full half size or more either direction by heat molding the liners. Sounds like a size 12 would be a good fit for you.

ryan_8099
12-02-2011, 04:10 PM

I think my Ronix boots that I just got are true to size. I wear a 10.5 in Adidas (I like a little bit extra room in shoes), 10 in burton snowboard boots and got a 10 in the Ronix Ones and the fit is spot on. I know the seller I bought my Ronix's from had a couple other sizes in the 2011s for $250 shipped so it is something to consider unless you found a steal on the 2010s.

wolfeman131
12-02-2011, 04:15 PM
I know the seller I bought my Ronix's from had a couple other sizes in the 2011s for $250 shipped

Ryan, can you help out with seller as I couldn't find anything new under $275 and most are over $300

ryan_8099
12-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Ryan, can you help out with seller as I couldn't find anything new under $275 and most are over $300

Sure thing. It looks like the seller I bought mine from no longer has them for sale (They may have just ended, I can follow up with them if you tell me your size). I actually had messaged them directly as they had them listed for 250 and I asked if they would go lower and we agreed on $225. Very responsive, super fast shipping. However, I found these in size 12 for $250:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ronix-One-Wakeboard-Boots-GP-Yellow-Size-12-NEW-/250919738754?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6bfb5d82#ht_500wt_922

That same seller also has size 13-14

If you are patient, I am sure you can get them for at least $250. Search for "Ronix One" and then sort by lowest price + shipping :)

brain_rinse
12-02-2011, 05:31 PM
The One are great boots and will work for most everybody, but don't be afraid to check out some of the other boots in the lineup. The Cells are similar to the Ones, just a little higher on the ankle, a little more forward lean, and tighen down more easily. Great if you're a snowboarder and like that style of riding and board control. If you like loose and flexy check out the Reliks - these are super light as well.

you da man
12-02-2011, 05:42 PM
The Hype System is definitely interesting and I'd like to try it out at some point. I like the idea of easy board sharing, and it would be perfect for the park. But I couldn't keep the boots on after riding on the boat, so now I've got to find a place for them. Then you just have a bunch of wet boots in the boat? I dunno... I like the locked-in snowboard feel, which is why I ride the Cells and would probably like the System binding as well.

If I have crew onboard I just clamp the boots back into the base and put the board in the rack. If it's just me and my girl I just put the boots under a seat cushion. I never wear the boots in the boat. My buddy loves his boots to jog back after falling at the cable park

KSmith
12-02-2011, 06:39 PM
The One are great boots and will work for most everybody, but don't be afraid to check out some of the other boots in the lineup. The Cells are similar to the Ones, just a little higher on the ankle, a little more forward lean, and tighen down more easily. Great if you're a snowboarder and like that style of riding and board control. If you like loose and flexy check out the Reliks - these are super light as well.

Don't forget the Franks!