PDA

View Full Version : Test Driving 05 Outback this Sunday

smak
05-20-2005, 07:49 PM
hi all....test drivin our 05 Outback on Sunday....it finally warmed up here in the great white north.....any suggestion re: test driving it but not affecting break in period.....my sweetie is even considering a test ski (water is a little cold)...any ideas be greatly appreciated....scott:)

smokedog2
05-20-2005, 09:10 PM
So what are you testing for? Having done the putter break in I can assure you it is boring. Even my dealer was weighing doing the break in himself but then everyone would think they have a used boat. I say enjoy the ride work out your deal and worry the ride later.

Search the boat for a “smell differential” (that still slays me – do a text search for more information).

Function check the perfect pass (you are getting perfect pass –that is not a question).

If you wonder why I am still in the bar, a large military contingent are here at some forced fun and getting out at 10 pm. I plan to buy a few drinks for the Air Force guys.

My wife is headed to the room to watch a movie I have already seen with my son so I have a little time to kill.

Where in MN do you live? I lived in Grand Rapids for 10 years.

SD2

smak
05-20-2005, 10:15 PM
hi SD.....its our "shop compare before u buy" test drive from the dealer......we live in Canada Barrie Ontario on Lake Simcoe.....1hr north of Toronto.....our dealer is another hour north....no perfect pass......smak

Buttafewcoe
05-21-2005, 05:33 AM
shop AND compare??.........before you buy??..................BRILLIANT!!!!!!!

smak
05-22-2005, 07:44 PM
we did and it passed our families approval.....hav 2 arrange a delivery date.....sweetie even did a brief ski behind it....what a trooper in that cold i mean cold water.........we keep yall posted....smak:)

smokedog2
05-22-2005, 09:04 PM
So what did they tell you about the break in period? Mine is almost up so it is a wash but I'm curious.

SD2

smak
05-23-2005, 08:53 PM
SD2.....basically engine contains breakin oil and need to be changed at the 20 hr mark and check the shaft.......im sure they check a couple of other things.....might be deliverd this week keep ya posted....smak