PDA

View Full Version : Weather

jmb
11-28-2011, 08:15 PM
Ok, I am done with this weather already. This winter won't go by fast enough. I am going thru Cardiac Rehab now so at least I will kind of stay in shape if thats what you want to call it. May snow tonight. Give me a break. Looks like I need to move to Texas or something.

rdlangston13
11-28-2011, 10:19 PM
Snow in Alabama already? And it got cold here a couple days ago. Was in the 30s this morning

jmvotto
11-29-2011, 12:10 AM
Strange, still in the 60's here over the last week up north. Bet its gonna change quick.

usaski1
11-29-2011, 12:28 AM
Move to Texas... And you'll wish you had water to put your boat into.

wolfeman131
11-29-2011, 01:42 PM
Snow flurries in the ATL today. We're probably going to make the National news as people riot when rushing to empty the grocery stores shelves and the entire metro area comes to a standstill.

This is the strangest place I have ever lived in/seen when any sort of bad weather rolls in.

bergermaister
11-29-2011, 02:32 PM
This is the strangest place I have ever lived in/seen when any sort of bad weather rolls in.

Uh, you ever been to the PNW? One flake hits the ground and we instantly have 24hr news coverage of SNOWMAGEDDON. It's ridiculous.

Actually even the remote possibility of one flake hitting the ground...

WaterNoob
11-29-2011, 08:07 PM
Uh, you ever been to the PNW? One flake hits the ground and we instantly have 24hr news coverage of SNOWMAGEDDON. It's ridiculous.

Actually even the remote possibility of one flake hitting the ground...

So true...Isn't it funny how when there is even a dusting of snow everyone in the office suddenly lives on a "hill"? I am just waiting for the WINTER BLAST news coverage. I find it very amusing.

newty
11-29-2011, 08:12 PM
So true...Isn't it funny how when there is even a dusting of snow everyone in the office suddenly lives on a "hill"? I am just waiting for the WINTER BLAST news coverage. I find it very amusing.

Everyone I work with lives on a hill when the snow flies and "where they live its snows way harder because they're at 450" elevation rather than the 300ft where we work" but seem to get out hunting in the mountains all weekend without incident. So weird!!! No I'm not bitter at all!!!

moombadaze
11-29-2011, 09:02 PM
umm, we were running the ac in the house this last weekend. Snow-whats that?

jmb
11-29-2011, 09:13 PM
Thanks Moomdaze. Thats what I needed to hear. I am actually from PNW Bergermaister. I thought I moved away from all that but apparently not. I will say that the lake is plumb full though. That is the good side compared to what other folks have going on.

bergermaister
11-30-2011, 02:20 AM
I lived in eastern WA while I was going to school and it was a lot different over there a mere 400 miles away. When it rained it would be done within a few hours usually. When it was summer - it was HOT! When it was winter - we got often got to measure the snow in feet. Only place I've lived where it truly felt like four different seasons. Gotta deal with the wind sometimes but that was more off than on. Still would probably have the same boating season there as I do here from what I've seen.

Still think I'd like to move south and have a 8-9 month boating season...

kaneboats
11-30-2011, 10:28 AM
Used to live in Chicago. Only two seasons there: 9 months of Winter and 3 months of road Construction.

chawk610
11-30-2011, 10:35 AM

Perfectly put!!! We flew back from Ohio Sunday (it was warmer there BTW), the lakes we passed over looked like shallow brown puddles... sand bars EVERYWHERE. I am actually praying for the wettest winter ever!

Jet
11-30-2011, 11:38 AM
Dusty and I just hit Hydrous a week ago but It looks like that might have been our last day of riding. I officially start my winter depression and weight gain from here all the way to mar. lol. Jet

KSmith
11-30-2011, 11:41 AM
umm, we were running the ac in the house this last weekend. Snow-whats that?
LMAO Thank goodness we aren't the only ones, the wife and I had to kick on the AC this past weekend as well.

jmb
11-30-2011, 08:06 PM
I skied a bit on lake Pend O'reille in Idaho. Way to cold in the middle of summer. Lower end of lake was 1200 feet deep. Never warmed up. Had to go South but no more tornado's. This running the AC in GA is killing me. It is just about to start freezing in another couple of hours. My winter depression has already set in but hope I can get out in February like I did last year.

jmb
11-30-2011, 08:07 PM
I lived in Chicago for a bit. Lake Michigan never warmed up either.

trebor-75
11-30-2011, 09:03 PM
I'd kill for some snow up here in Minnesota!!! I love winter almost as much as summer... its this in between time that kills me! Way to cold for the boat, but no snow for the sleds.

We finally have some snow in the forecast for this weekend... I'm crossing my fingers for a big dump!

rdlangston13
11-30-2011, 09:33 PM

The private ski lake here is completely full, I guess they add water when needed since nothing else is full

Mikey
11-30-2011, 11:50 PM
Jmb . We usually go to Pond O reille in Idaho, lake in the summer for holidays Because it is usually quite a bit warmer than lake that are local to us.

kaneboats
12-01-2011, 11:25 AM
I'm crossing my fingers for a big dump!

I hope I never get that old. Try some prune juice.

saskyrider
12-01-2011, 12:35 PM
hahaha kane!!! were in full winter mode up here, guys are already ice fishing on our lake! stupid if you ask me as we have actually had above normal temperatures... still getting above freezing at least a couple times a week. I'm actually hoping for a lower amount of snow than usual, just enough to safely sled around but not a ton as our lake is full to the brim and a big runoff could mean sandbagging again next spring in order to keep the cabin dry.

trebor-75
12-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Try some prune juice.

I'll keep that in mind... haha I realized it was a bad choice of words as soon as I posted it.

kaneboats
12-01-2011, 01:07 PM
You'll always pay for that around here. :p

rdlangston13
12-02-2011, 10:08 AM
Well I'm headed to the lake house today to winterize and there is rain forecasted all weekend. No rain all year until I need I work on the boat...

dusty2221
12-02-2011, 10:51 AM
I got mine done this weekend rd. definitely a sad day but the weather just hasn't cooperated lately.

looks like a wet suit and cable park for me from now until march.

Sent from Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk.