PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Jack

bigr82
11-28-2011, 12:32 PM
I have a 06 LSV with the matching boatmate single axle trailer. My jack has decided to stop working. I'm having a problem figuring out the proper one to replace it with. I know its a bolt through FULTON, but thats all that is on the jack it's self. Any help would be awesome!!!

brain_rinse
11-28-2011, 01:18 PM
Would you consider a Fulton F2 dual wheel upgrade? It just requires an adapter plate and is huge improvement over the stocker. Boatmate carries both the jack and plate. We did a group buy not too long ago so quite a few year have made the switch.

sandm
11-28-2011, 04:58 PM
second the f2 upgrade. it's kind of expensive, but is a much nicer jack. I feel a whole lot safer with that one than the factory jack when raising the trailer to hook it up..

bigr82
11-28-2011, 06:18 PM
Yes, ive looked at the F2 and they look great. Again with all there part numbers i've had an issue figuring out which one to buy, honestly didn't know there was an adaptor plate, so it would work. I can purchase the Jack through my work BUT need the part number. I think the stock jack is not very good at all!

brain_rinse
11-28-2011, 08:35 PM
Yes, ive looked at the F2 and they look great. Again with all there part numbers i've had an issue figuring out which one to buy, honestly didn't know there was an adaptor plate, so it would work. I can purchase the Jack through my work BUT need the part number. I think the stock jack is not very good at all!
You can see the F2 and the adapter plate at this link (SKU: 71-0010 and SKU: 71-0013)
http://www.boatmateparts.com/products/Jacks+and+Hardware-tag-Jacks+and+Hardware/
(http://www.boatmateparts.com/products/Jacks+and+Hardware-tag-Jacks+and+Hardware/)

bigr82
11-29-2011, 09:21 AM
Thanks again for all the help!!! Even though I could save a few bucks, using boatmates website will be a one step purchase. Now I can even upgrade to the F2, sweeeet.

Ian Brantford
11-30-2011, 12:10 AM
Is the range of travel any better than the stock jack? On the tandem trailer for my XLV, I find that it doesn't raise up high enough unless the ground is perfectly level. I sometimes have to put a plank under the wheel to get it on the hitch ball.

brain_rinse
11-30-2011, 01:08 AM
Is the range of travel any better than the stock jack? On the tandem trailer for my XLV, I find that it doesn't raise up high enough unless the ground is perfectly level. I sometimes have to put a plank under the wheel to get it on the hitch ball.
The mounting point on the back of the jack is adjustable, so you can move it to the highest point and it will allow you to lift the trailer quite a bit higher than the stocker. The trade-off is that you can't drop it down as low.

chawk610
12-12-2011, 06:01 PM
"The mounting point on the back of the jack is adjustable"

Is this true with the stock jack as well? I need mine to go about 2 inches lower than it does.

brain_rinse
12-12-2011, 09:38 PM
"The mounting point on the back of the jack is adjustable"

Is this true with the stock jack as well? I need mine to go about 2 inches lower than it does.
Nope, it's fixed on the stock unit.

Ian Brantford
12-12-2011, 11:18 PM
The mounting point on the back of the jack is adjustable, so you can move it to the highest point and it will allow you to lift the trailer quite a bit higher than the stocker. The trade-off is that you can't drop it down as low.

Thanks! This is very timely.

chawk610
12-13-2011, 08:02 AM
Nope, it's fixed on the stock unit.

That figures!!! BALLZ!