PDA

View Full Version : Mirror Placement

silverski
05-18-2005, 02:07 PM
I have an 05 Outback LSV (no tower). Weather has been terrible and have only been out once. I have been playing with the mirror in the garage to figure out where to put it. The dealer is telling me to throw away the "spacer" and to take it on and off each time you use it. (need it off to put on cover or get in garage). Doesn't seem right.

Where do people place the mirror? On the center window or the drivers window? Facing "up or down"? Do you take it off to get in a garage or to cover? Do you use the spacer? Am I missing something obvious?

OnTheH20
05-18-2005, 04:11 PM
I have an LSV with a tower but the mirror is attached to the drivers window. Mine has a "dial" on it that controls the up and down angle of the mirror. With this loose, I can swing the mirror down below the window frame, re-tighten and put the cover on. It takes all of 5 seconds to swing it back into place when we hit the lake.

clark
05-19-2005, 07:48 AM
Mine is exactly the same. That is how it was when I picked it up from the dealer. Hopefully you have the same type mirror as OnTheH2O and I have. It's a piece of cake.

Clark

silverski
05-19-2005, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the replies. That should work. I will give it a try. I didn't like explanation of taking it on and off each time that I got when the dealer was going through the delivery process.