PDA

View Full Version : I won a new ski!!!

skiyaker
11-15-2011, 09:46 PM
AWESOME! I Just got a call from John Horton with ballofspray.com to inform me I'm the winner of the Radar Skis/Marine products giveaway!. I won a new Radar Vice, strada bindings, ski bag, and rope. I'm so excited- this is the best thing I've won... ever! Now you can all go to ballofspray.com to learn my real name haha!

ChrisK
11-15-2011, 09:47 PM
Nice dude! That's a damn good ski

jmvotto
11-15-2011, 09:49 PM
nice win. glad to see those giveaways actually happen.

Bobby.

Mikey
11-15-2011, 10:02 PM
NICE. Now you will be expected to give a report ,on performance etc ,next spring when you try it out?

skiyaker
11-15-2011, 10:13 PM
NICE. Now you will be expected to give a report ,on performance etc ,next spring when you try it out?

absolutely- and since I currently ski a Radar Senate I can give you a layman's compare/contrast. I have to email Radar and tell them to make sure they include all the rope sections (Horton told me he skied the Vice at 38 off and was impressed!) And if anybody wants to try it just swing past Indiana and get a pull hopefully behind my new Outback!

viking
11-15-2011, 10:51 PM
that's awesome. Is that website another forum or what's it all about?

pmoomba
11-17-2011, 07:39 AM
Nice! I knew I should have signed up for that, just never got around to it :P

deerfield
11-17-2011, 11:46 AM
I'll come over in the spring to help you break in that new puppy. Sweet!

skiyaker
12-14-2011, 07:39 PM
New ski came via UPS today. ballofspray seriously hooked me up. Deerfield I have a key to the ski club and a dry suit- let me know when you can make it down- I have New Year's off and the lakes not frozen yet. We can ski then winterize your boat in the parking lot LOL!

deerfield
12-15-2011, 12:06 AM
skiyaker - I promise to meet up with you come spring. My boat insurance policy is subject to a lay-up period of November - March. So she will stay tucked away in the garage until April 1. Nice ski you got there. Looking forward to pulling you behind my Outback. Good thing it has a heater! - Deerfield

skiyaker
12-15-2011, 02:01 PM
skiyaker - I promise to meet up with you come spring. My boat insurance policy is subject to a lay-up period of November - March. So she will stay tucked away in the garage until April 1. Nice ski you got there. Looking forward to pulling you behind my Outback. Good thing it has a heater! - Deerfield

That's a good idea- I never thought about dropping coverage in the winter. Does that save you very much $?

deerfield
12-16-2011, 10:07 AM
skiyaker - Actually not sure. My guess is yes, as storing for five months reduces the insurance company to risk while the boat is not in use or being towed. - Deerfield

sled - 1
12-29-2011, 11:53 AM
Dude you suck :) I can be there this saturday morning to help you get it dialed in :)

skiyaker
12-29-2011, 07:39 PM
sled- I have keys to this ski lake and the air temp here is going to be 45 on Saturday- I guarantee nobody else will be out. Bring your boat and deerfield and we can ski all day then winterize your boat in the parking lot when we're done! (we could use my boat but the engine is in the wrong place)

sled - 1
01-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Would love to have, but boat is tucked away for winter :(.

skiyaker
01-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Would love to have, but boat is tucked away for winter :(.

soon enough, my friend. hopefully I can get my engine "repositioned" before too long. Our water here is still soft- hopefully it will stay that way and I can get out in early March-you guys can come down for an early season run.