PDA

View Full Version : Bindings on a budget opinion

ryan_8099
11-15-2011, 01:15 PM
Need some opinions on bindings, currently riding a 2011 Reflex with LF Index bindings. I definitely want to go closed toe and am starting to shop around for some good deals on boots. Evo currently has some 2010 Ronix Franks for $260 and Slingshot has a special on their 2011 RAD bindings for $250. Currently leaning towards the Slingshots since that is about the max I'd like to spend on bindings. Haven't had too much luck with any good deals on eBay as I'm not opposed to going with some lightly used bindings. Size 10 if anyone has a pair sitting around for the right price :) I also know performance ski/wake has some thanksgiving deals, so I will probably check out those next week. Thanks!

11-15-2011, 02:37 PM
You might be able to find some Ronix One or even Cell bindings for $250 or close. They are hands down the best bindings I have ever ridden. I have tried a variety of different brands and Ronix boots are the bees knees IMO. Franks are very good too but you should be able to find a pair of 2010s or 2011s One's in your price range.

you da man
11-15-2011, 02:59 PM
I got my 2011 Hyperlite System bindings with Kobalt boots for $250 but I'll agree with "501" and look for Ronix One bindings. I still have my 2009 Ronix Ones and use them on my 2010 SS Reflex.

you da man
11-15-2011, 03:10 PM
http://boardersmall.com/xcart/product.php?productid=23339&cat=982&page=1

ryan_8099
11-15-2011, 03:28 PM
http://boardersmall.com/xcart/product.php?productid=23339&cat=982&page=1

Size 10, out of stock :( Thanks though. Looks like perfski has them for 369 so I will keep an eye on them as we get into the dead of winter. Would like to order from a place that will let me return for a new size incase they don't fit.

you da man
11-15-2011, 03:32 PM
Size 10, out of stock :( Thanks though. Looks like perfski has them for 369 so I will keep an eye on them as we get into the dead of winter. Would like to order from a place that will let me return for a new size incase they don't fit.

Ronix runs true to shoe size. My friend has the SS Rad bindings and hates them. I saw him this weekend and his are starting to come apart a little. My Ronix Ones are 2 seasons old and look new.

ryan_8099
11-15-2011, 03:37 PM
Thanks, that helps a bunch, I will focus my search to the Ronix Ones. I am right between a 10 and 11, although I just purchased size 10 Burton snowboard boots so I am thinking that should work.

brain_rinse
11-15-2011, 03:53 PM
I agree with what was said above. I've had Ones and Cells and both were fantastic.

YDM, I would be interested in how the system works out longer term for you. I've recommended Ronix bindings more times than I can count, but I would also really like to be able to swap/share boards with others in my riding crew using the system.

you da man
11-15-2011, 04:07 PM
I agree with what was said above. I've had Ones and Cells and both were fantastic.

YDM, I would be interested in how the system works out longer term for you. I've recommended Ronix bindings more times than I can count, but I would also really like to be able to swap/share boards with others in my riding crew using the system.

It's a little sacrifice in comfort. The Ones have more padding on the bottom for sure compared to the Kobalt boots (cant talk about the other Hyperlite boots for The Sysytem since I have no experience). I get a little more toe jamming on my jumps into the flats in the Kobalts. The feel of the board and responsiveness goes to The System. It's much quicker edge to edge and just feels more precise.

ChrisK
11-16-2011, 12:43 AM
Check this page out..
http://www.evo.com/outlet-shop/wake/wakeboard-bindings.aspx#/outlet-shop/wake/wakeboard-bindings/mens.aspx

Also, if you want to go on a super budget, I've used these and loved them. They've competed with top of the line bindings I've ridden, they're durable, and they're easy to get in and out of with the hinge tech.
http://www.evo.com/outlet/wakeboard-bindings/cwb-answer-w/hinge-boots.aspx

I don't think a Small would fit you but you can find them other places I'm sure for the same price.