PDA

View Full Version : Ballast Problems

AZ_Calling
05-16-2005, 12:54 PM
I recently purchased an '03 Mobius ls and can't seem to figure out the rear ballast. How do you know it is full/empty? I was told the light on the ballast switch will turn off when it is full. The light never seems to go off. It looks like it is filling up somewhat because the wake is getting bigger.

How long does it usally take to fill the rear ballast on the Mobius? (it has a hard plastic tank under the rear seat)

Thx

MEDIC151
05-17-2005, 09:28 AM
I have the bags under the rear seat, so I won't be any help. I did find that when the seat raises up, it's plenty full.:)

stang67
05-17-2005, 09:32 AM
I have an outback with the plastic tank in the rear. When mine is full the pump stays on, not auto off. But when the tank is full the ballast will just start empying. Just becuase there is no more room formore water to come in. Hope that made sense and helped

AZ_Calling
05-24-2005, 02:17 PM
Does anyone know how long it takes to fill and empty the ballast tank? I am still trying to determine if there is something wrong or the pump is not working correctly.

Bagboy
05-24-2005, 03:56 PM
Our '05 LS takes about 4 mins (+ or - ) to fill and maybe a little longer to empty. I think I recall reading in the manual that when the boat is new or if its been trailered for a while it may need to be primed by getting the boat going fast enough to get up on a plane (we had to go about 25- 30 mph) then while at that speed turn your pump on. That should break a vapor lock and allow you to fill the ballast tank. As far as knowing when its full I just lifted the back seat and took a visual on the tank.
PS I'm pretty sure that if you need to, you can access the manual for your boat from this web site.

Wake Master
05-24-2005, 10:34 PM
I watch the front tank when that's full then the backs are usually full. The backs will not overfill they will push water out the outlet. The front tank will pop the cover open if you overfill it.