PDA

View Full Version : Free vinyl for those on a budget

rsinger
11-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Redoing all in my boat, 2003 outback. Almost all of it has no tears/rips. Had some done last spring, worn. Finishing it of this winter, to match color and fabric type of the new stuff.

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb397/rsingerwpg/vinyl.jpg

Above is a picture of some panels that have already been removed from the boat. I've just started removing the staples from the panel, and the vinyl should all come off intact.

If anyone wants some or all of it, all I'm asking for is the shipping costs.

I hope someone might be able to use it. If not, it's going in the trash.

ChrisK
11-02-2011, 06:05 PM
I'm looking for a white piece that is about 1 foot x 1.5 foot. How much do you think shipping would be from where you are all the way to Illinois?

rsinger
11-02-2011, 07:02 PM
I'm looking for a white piece that is about 1 foot x 1.5 foot. How much do you think shipping would be from where you are all the way to Illinois?

That small, I could probably mail. I would think somewhere in the $5 dollar range. To mail a letter is $1.08. Just sent one to Texas. What section you looking to fix?

Just checked with fedex and ups. Anywhere between $15 to $20.

bkearney
11-03-2011, 08:31 AM
I might be interested.. any idea on the cost for a slow boat to Raleigh, NC, USA?

rsinger
11-03-2011, 12:15 PM
I might be interested.. any idea on the cost for a slow boat to Raleigh, NC, USA?

I have a feeling this stuff is going to go in the trash. It would seem that it would be cheaper to buy new locally, for the small piece ChrisK wants and he would get new material.

This stuff will probably still be around until christmas.

vandy654
11-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Is yours a V-Drive? I have the same blue/white vinyl on my 2002 LSV. I have hail damage on the vinyl over my engine and rear storage compartments. I live in Raleigh as well, so bkearny and i could maybe split the cost.

Shaft
12-07-2011, 05:43 PM
I would take it if you could throw it in a box and get me a price on shipping to Australia.my vinyl was new until it got heavily stained at customs and cannot seem to remove it.

rsinger
12-07-2011, 07:35 PM
I should be getting the old stuff back in a week or so. I'll see what kind of shape it's in when I get it back and take some detailed pictures.

Shaft, it might be more cost effective to find the stuff locally. Some of the stuff is probably spoken for. I've got to check my pm's when I get the old stuff back.