PDA

View Full Version : New topic string required

rsinger
10-30-2011, 11:08 AM
"UPGRADE ADDICTIONS THERAPY"

Put the boat away a couple weeks ago.
1. I'm redoing the vinyl
2. While the vinyls out I'm looking for upgraded in boat speakers
3. I'm also looking for for some HLDC tower speakers.
4. I pm'd one of the moderator to see it there's going to be a perfect pass group buy.

I think Dusty has the fever and was contagious. Do I need help or what?

dusty2221
10-30-2011, 11:27 AM
Keep feeding it!

Sent from Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk.

sled - 1
10-30-2011, 04:11 PM
Group buy on PP, good luck with that :), you know it's a canadian company right? Start hunting ebay now, you'll find something.

rsinger
10-30-2011, 05:24 PM
Group buy on PP, good luck with that :), you know it's a canadian company right? Start hunting ebay now, you'll find something.

I am in Canada, so worst case scenario I order by myself.

sled - 1
10-30-2011, 05:51 PM
Originally from Canada myself, actually went to Universty in Winnipeg for one year, used to visit Winterpeg all the time :)

rsinger
10-30-2011, 05:53 PM
Originally from Canada myself, actually went to Universty in Winnipeg for one year, used to visit Winterpeg all the time :)

Go figure. Small world.

KG's Supra24
10-30-2011, 05:57 PM
I have hlcd's that will be going up for sale :) I sold the cans last week and now have 4 krypt 6.5" HLCDs.

Just thought id throw that in there.

There are always a couple people doing winter upgrades. Helps pass the colds months. Im at least doing new tower speakers and maybe seadek.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

sandm
10-31-2011, 09:14 AM
no upgrades this year :(

sad.....

bergermaister
10-31-2011, 12:21 PM
Resisting the urge until after the holidays - however the wish list continues to grow...

Ron - curious what your vinyl will run you. Ran into a friend of a friend over the summer with a 2001 X-star that just had his redone. He shopped around and had quotes ranging $5-7k. Ended up pulling out everything he could and bringing it in some place for around $2500. In the end he felt it was a mediocre job - looked good from a couple feet away but had some wavy and/or exposed stitching...

Leaves me with sticker shock considering I need it done as well.

rsinger
10-31-2011, 12:31 PM
Ron - curious what your vinyl will run you. Ran into a friend of a friend over the summer with a 2001 X-star that just had his redone. He shopped around and had quotes ranging $5-7k. Ended up pulling out everything he could and bringing it in some place for around $2500. In the end he felt it was a mediocre job - looked good from a couple feet away but had some wavy and/or exposed stitching...

I'm sure it'll be under $2K. I'm guessing about $1.5K when it's done. I had the back deck, and entire spotter/passenger seat area done last spring and I think that cost 4 or 5 hundred, can't remember but I have documentation. It turned out pretty good. I'll let you know when it's done.

1. I've pulled all the panels myself. Nasty job, hard to get at some nuts, and some nuts siezed.
2. I'm going to remove the majority of the staples myself.
3. I'm duplicating the colors, white with blue and grey S pattern.
4. Vinyl guy will remove existing vinyl and reattach new vinyl. I don't have the sewing machine to do this, or the thread, or the experience.
5. I'm reattaching the panels myself.

Still got 4 pieces to remove.
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb397/rsingerwpg/vinyl.jpg

kaneboats
10-31-2011, 12:55 PM
That is the most cost effective way to do it. You remove all the panels then pull all the staples and remove the covers. Save all of them for your upholsterer to use as patterns. Get matching material from some place like Great Lakes Skipper. Have the covers made then recover yourself. Best to get an air stapler and stainless staples. Then put it all back yourself. I did about 80% of my Outback for around $600 this way a couple years ago. Couldn't find my "after" pics but these give you the idea how it came out. The key is to use the hair dryer to warm up the vinyl as you stretch and fit.

bergermaister
10-31-2011, 01:01 PM
Hmmmm. I could pull the panels and pull the staples, etc. easy enough but after seeing that X-star I'd rather have the reassembly of the new fabric and restapling done by a pro. I have less interior than he did, less than newer SC boats as well so I'm sure that will help with final cost.

sled - 1
11-01-2011, 12:40 PM
This whole upholstry thing sucks, my ski locker panels are going to need replacing after next season I think, heck my boat is only an 07

sandm
11-01-2011, 02:02 PM
06 here and I am leaning at doing all 3 of the rear hatch pieces next winter. amazing for as little use as some of them get how quickly they can wear...

bergermaister
11-01-2011, 02:11 PM
Man my rear cover/panel sees A LOT of traffic - all the in and out of the boat with riders, swimmers, loading gear, etc. Surprised it has lasted as long as it has. I would probably live with it longer except for a few cracks/splits have really enlarged and vinyl is flaking off.

sled - 1
11-01-2011, 03:32 PM
That's kind of my situation, with 3 kids that is the gateway to play land :)

rdlangston13
11-01-2011, 08:22 PM
I've got a pretty nasty rip in one of my rear lockers. Going to get it patched this year and call it good. At the rate my vinyl is wearing it will all have to be Redone in 4-5 years or so

BensonWdby
11-02-2011, 02:23 AM
I had 4 pieces done a year ago. Three removabales - driver seat, passenger seat, and rear bench seat, plus the trunk cover. '99 mobius. $600 - matched the dual tone gray perfect. Dick and Ricks in Bloomington MN.