PDA

View Full Version : Winter Upgrade Options

rdlangston13
10-18-2011, 11:47 AM
Ok Ya'll, this winter I want to make some upgrade to my LSV but am not sure what is priority and what can wait. I would do it all at once but it will fun me over 3 grand and that is just a little hard to swallow so I am trying to decided what to do this winter and what to do next winter. Here are the things I need to get done

PP Wakeboard Pro
Acme 1847
Bow Filler Cushion
New skin for cooler cushion (flew out of the boat on the highway and got a little tore up)
1000 lb bow triangle sack w/ tsunami pump (can't do this without the bow filler cushion)

what do i need to get done and what can wait??

brain_rinse
10-18-2011, 12:18 PM
This would be my priority order:
1.) Repair seat
2.) Prop

After that I would probably choose bow weight over perfect pass.

rdlangston13
10-18-2011, 12:22 PM
Just a side note, I have the OJ wakeboard prop so I really won't gain any hole shot with the prop swap, just get rid of that awful noise

brain_rinse
10-18-2011, 12:24 PM
Hmm... well that does change things a little. I'd still fix the seat first. What about the integrated bow sac plumbed in as a next step?

kaneboats
10-18-2011, 12:43 PM
I'd be working on PP and the seat. There'll be a prop buy at some point so I'd wait for that. Same thing with the ballast mod.

newty
10-18-2011, 12:45 PM
Why not integrated bow ac instead of triangle bow sac. That way you don't need the bow filler.
Bow sac, pump and fittings less than $300.

KG's Supra24
10-18-2011, 12:48 PM
^ I'm with Kane

newty
10-18-2011, 12:51 PM
Me too! ^^^

rc5695
10-18-2011, 12:59 PM
yup, agree w/ kane ^^^

KSmith
10-18-2011, 01:04 PM
^^^ Me three

04OUTBACK
10-18-2011, 02:03 PM
PP Wakeboard Pro - After using JMVOTTO's Moomba Cruise, I'd say this is priority
Acme 1847 - Did this myself this summer... and really appreciated the improvement in vibration, noise and no loss of performance..
Bow Filler Cushion - do you want this because of the Triangle? or because you want the seating space? As said above, I'd go with IBS upfront instead of triangle.. dont get quite as much weight, but I dont think you need it either.. My lsv did great with 500-600 extra upfront..
New skin for cooler cushion (flew out of the boat on the highway and got a little tore up)... i'd do this close to last... as it is more cosmetic than performance...
1000 lb bow triangle sack w/ tsunami pump (can't do this without the bow filler cushion)--- see above.. skip the bow filler and do IBS...

wolfeman131
10-18-2011, 03:30 PM
I like the way you have the list ordered.

PP - makes life so much better, especially when you want to be behind the boat
Prop - I couldn't stand that growl/vibration

kaneboats
10-18-2011, 03:55 PM
Yea, but I'm winning.

sandm
10-18-2011, 05:12 PM
seat first..
prop second. sell old prop for cash, so new prop doesn't cost near as much. don't need prop buy that way :)
take funds from prop and now do ballast.

I'd rather have weight than pp personally.

rdlangston13
10-18-2011, 05:26 PM
wow, tons of great input. the reason i was wanting the bow triangle over an ibs is mainly because i use the storage under the seats for an anchor, 4 bumpers, and two life jackets, i would have to relocate these items elsewhere if i went with an ibs. but question on that, could i just use a regular tsunami pump to fill and empty an ibs instead of plumbing it? i think that would make it less of a hassle getting started and i could maybe plumb it later.

on the prop the growl is super annoying, especially after riding in my buddies MB which his drive train makes NO noise at all. cant even really tell its in gear cause it doesnt clunk or anything just super smooth. that growl just makes the boat feel so cheap but if i do replace the prop i am not selling it because it will make a good back up

that torn seat cushion also looks super cheap for ghetto to me lol. but you are right it is not a functionality issue but it is the cheapest thing on the list

pp is almost a need when i have new drivers

so im thinking ibs with tsunami pump, anyone else do this?

rdlangston13
10-18-2011, 05:45 PM
anyone with an IBS use an anchor? we use ours pretty much every time we hit the water so i was looking for ideas on where to store this since the ibs will be in its normal home

brain_rinse
10-18-2011, 05:48 PM
anyone with an IBS use an anchor? we use ours pretty much every time we hit the water so i was looking for ideas on where to store this since the ibs will be in its normal home
I slide my anchor way up under the drivers seat.

New Guy
10-18-2011, 05:56 PM
I slide my anchor way up under the drivers seat.

That would hurt the toes if is slide back on you.

brain_rinse
10-18-2011, 05:58 PM
That would hurt the toes if is slide back on you.
Ha ha, no underneath the seat platform itself.

rdlangston13
10-18-2011, 06:16 PM
Ha ha, no underneath the seat platform itself.

what type of anchor do you have? i wonder if mine would fit in there. i will have to test this out next wednesday when i am get home!

brain_rinse
10-18-2011, 06:19 PM
http://eternalboating.com/files/u1/anchorblackcoatedmain.jpg

bzubke1
10-18-2011, 10:05 PM
You can kinda see my bow filler cushion in there. It's ghetto buy you never see it cause there's always a sac on top of it.
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k58/bzubke1/Wakeboarding043.jpg

moombadaze
10-19-2011, 07:53 AM
David, I know all about that prop growl-drove me nuts, sold /traded that prop to Brainrinse (have his old prop as a backup) and I think he has gotten rid of it, I went with acme and love it

bzubke1
10-19-2011, 10:19 AM
If the prop noise is annoying you need to upgrade your stereo! I'm jk I have the same prop and it is pretty noisey but I guess i just go used to it now. My opinion is start with the things that will make your time on the water more fun/easier and work from there. So I guess for me I would start with ballast. I like the idea of the ibs a lot but never wanted to lose that storage space cause if were in the boat 95% of the time the ballast is full.

mmandley
10-19-2011, 11:28 AM
In my mind as to listening to you the last year Dave

Replacing the prop first as you constantly complain about this. It wont net you any performance but you will have that quite prop you desire and that alone will make you love your Moomba more.

Second Replace the cooler cusion, any damage in the boat inteiror you see every time you get in the boat, as does everyone else and any new person will always look at it and say man this guy doesnt take care of his boat and look how nice it is. What a waste.

Next is the Bow sack whether its IBS or outside it gives you real time use all the time.

Lastly is the PP mainly because you have a cruise, your used to using it so idealy this is the item that will give you the least bang for your buck.

Id love to have PP but i just cant swallow the 1K for what i get out of it compared to what i have now. Its better yes, its pre programable yes, its easier for others to use yes, but i can teach a monkey how to use what i got so ill keep my 1k and spend it else ware on the boat.

If you have a big bow sac laying there you wont have access to anything under it anyhow when its filled.

I keep my bouey balls and anchor under the seats behind the driver as well as peoples shoes. Its all in one spot and easy to get to.

I use the same anchor as posted above by Brainrinse.

Mike

mnpracing
10-19-2011, 11:58 AM
You can kinda see my bow filler cushion in there. It's ghetto buy you never see it cause there's always a sac on top of it.
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k58/bzubke1/Wakeboarding043.jpg

bzubke1 - this is off topic but is there a large gap between the window frame on the walk-thru window when it's closed? I've seen hull-spread on other boats but not yet on an 08. Has it been like that since you bought it?

bzubke1
10-19-2011, 04:59 PM
Yea it's been like that since we bought it. It's worse now, we went over a loaded down x-star's wake one day at about 24 pulling a rider and it must have spread the two sides and let the middle fall down in between the two. It was a pain to get it back up. It did it again another time, x-star again.

rdlangston13
10-19-2011, 06:13 PM
Yea it's been like that since we bought it. It's worse now, we went over a loaded down x-star's wake one day at about 24 pulling a rider and it must have spread the two sides and let the middle fall down in between the two. It was a pain to get it back up. It did it again another time, x-star again.

is that a common issue with all boats or just ours?? seems like there is a major weak point in the hull or something

jmvotto
10-19-2011, 11:14 PM
http://eternalboating.com/files/u1/anchorblackcoatedmain.jpg

Dan. did you coat that anchor or did you buy it that way? i have the same but raw galvanized and want to coat it or rubber paint it any thoughts.

Rd. you can easy do the ibs either way. tsunami or plumbed. the plumbed option is less hassle in the end. but will take some tome and money. i store my anchor under the spotter seat.fwiw.

brain_rinse
10-19-2011, 11:32 PM
Dan. did you coat that anchor or did you buy it that way? i have the same but raw galvanized and want to coat it or rubber paint it any thoughts.
That was just a pic I pulled off the net, but mine is coated also. I think you could totally plasti-dip your galvanized one and get the same result. They even have plasti-dip spray now.

mmandley
10-22-2011, 01:40 PM
Mine came coated from Overtons, was about 35 bucks i think. Used it at LBC this summer and it worked great.

TL7
10-25-2011, 02:54 PM
IBS is a must have in an LSV. I went ahead and bought a Johnson reversible pump from Wakemakers and plumbed it. T'd off one of the thru hulls for the rear sacs (port I believe) and added a fill/empty switch where the blank accessory switch was on the dash. Simple to do and to hell with throwing pumps over the side and then reversing the process a few hours later. Totally changed the wake for both boarding and surfing and it's probably the best addition I've made to the boat.

I agree with above - the storage space below the bow doesn't do you much good if you have to drain a sac to access it.