PDA

View Full Version : Help with amplifier & sub

JERRY2008 OUTBACKV
10-16-2011, 10:04 PM
orders 4 wet sounds pro 80s in black. need help on what amp & sub to go with boat has sony deck,kicker amp. & 6 kicker speakers that will all change out to wet sounds also. thanks

04OUTBACK
10-17-2011, 08:47 AM
You're gonna need a LOT of Power on that set of speakers..
Look at Exile Harpoon. I have one on the way.
Exile Subs are nice too..
Cant remember the watt rating on those pro 80s, but make sure you power them strong enough! My buddies back in Mississippi put them on and ended up adding more power after the fact..

KG's Supra24
10-17-2011, 10:25 AM
I like to match up my gear so I'd say wetsounds but there are probably cheaper routes as well. Def make sure you get plenty of power to the 80's. I have an Alpine 12" sub I like and I hear alot of good things about JL as well. Wetsounds also has a sub offering. You probably should give a little more detailed info on what you are looking for in order to get more responses.

bzubke1
10-17-2011, 11:17 AM
I have the wetsounds xs-12 sub and am really happy with it and it didn't break the bank. If you wanna get something that really slams they also have the xs-xxx sub. Wetsounds really helped me out with amp selection and building my enclosure. I was super impressed with their service after the sale.
http://www.wetsounds.com/pages/products/XS-12.html
http://www.wetsounds.com/pages/products/XS-XXX.html

MLA
10-25-2011, 10:28 PM
orders 4 wet sounds pro 80s in black. need help on what amp & sub to go with boat has sony deck,kicker amp. & 6 kicker speakers that will all change out to wet sounds also. thanks

For two pair of Pro80's the Syn2 is a perfect choice.

The XS-12 is a great sub and does not require a very large enclosure, which makes it an ideal sub for a boat.

The Syn6 is perfect for powering your in-boats and the XS12. The Syn6 will deliver decent power to the in-boats, but if you want stronger output, then go with a Syn4 and then a Syn2 for the sub.