PDA

View Full Version : 99' Mobius - fuel system problem

gds4kids
10-15-2011, 07:59 PM
I have a 99' Mobius with a 325 Indmar engine. I had the fuel pump changed a couple of years ago. This summer I started having problems with the engine not getting gas. The engine would start fine as soon as we hit the water but after a couple an hour or so the engine would slowly die and then would not start again. If I let the boat sit over night it would be fine until we hit the water again. The fuel pumps run. I have take the lines off before and after the filters. When it works gas pumps as it should. When I have the problem no gas pumps out. I read on a Supra community about someone haveing a similar problem. They found it to be their anti-syphon valve. Anyone ever have this problem? How do I get to the anti-syphon valve to check it? Thanks.

rc5695
10-17-2011, 12:17 PM
I'd also check the temp of your pump when it dies. If its really hot, I'd say you have a bad pump. Sitting overnight would more than allow cooling time. This summer my pump went bad and would die after only being on minute or 2. After multiple starts it would sometimes run just fine for a while. Just a thought of something else to check. New one at summit was around $150 i think...