PDA

View Full Version : Looking for new or reconditioned ballast bags?

mmandley
10-11-2011, 08:37 AM
Like it says if you are i was at WakeMakers yesterday and picked up some gear and noticed they have a ton of inventory, more then normal.

I then checked there site and they have a ton of stuff on sale. Lots of great prices to be had, dont wait if your on the fence about a bag then get it.

I have all reconditioned bags in my boat right now, 2 1100, 650, and now a couple 400 extras, and all work and look fine. Wake Makers will warrenty them if they leak also. Good guys over there.

ryan_8099
10-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Have you noticed anything with the blemished bags? Are they just discolored or what?

mmandley
10-11-2011, 11:03 AM
Some bags you dont notice anything at all on them. Some will have a seam on them where they did a repair. Ive never had an issue and ive been running there blemish bags for 2 years now.

newty
10-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Everytime I've been there they have piles of blem and some used bags. If you have an idea what you want call or email them. They would love to get rid of the stuff. I've used a couple of there blem bags and they work great. Usually a blem means the fill or drain is in an other than normal spot, there is an extra seem or something goofy. They all come with the standard 1 year mfg warranty.

Definately the way to go if your trying to save some chedda!

bret
10-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Everytime I've been there they have piles of blem and some used bags. If you have an idea what you want call or email them. They would love to get rid of the stuff. I've used a couple of there blem bags and they work great. Usually a blem means the fill or drain is in an other than normal spot, there is an extra seem or something goofy. They all come with the standard 1 year mfg warranty.

Definately the way to go if your trying to save some chedda!

Newty, that sounds a little scary to me if plugs are not where they should be. For that reason not sure if I would want to get them as they might not properly fit into the ballast plumbing.

newty
10-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Newty, that sounds a little scary to me if plugs are not where they should be. For that reason not sure if I would want to get them as they might not properly fit into the ballast plumbing.

let me clarify... I don't mean in the wrong place on the bag, more along the lines of a little off center, or an extra drain. Nothing that I've seen would be an issue at all. The enzo sacs I used to have had 4 fill ports on the top and 4 empty ports on the bottom. just extra ports made them blems. I had a triangle sac that I sold to a guy on the boards that was a used bag but it was in perfect shape. WM would tell you what, if any physical blems there were before they sold it to you. Jason and Spencer are standup guys and will take care of you.

Bret I wouldn't think twice about buying blems from these guys.

Boonejeepin
10-12-2011, 02:14 AM
+1 for Wakemakers.

I have dealt with Spencer and Jason a few times over the past few weeks and they really know their stuff and want to help.

wolfeman131
10-12-2011, 07:40 AM
Bret - just to echo what others have said; the guys at WakeMakers will take care of you and you shouldn't worry about the "blem" bags.

KG's Supra24
10-12-2011, 09:43 AM
How do you end up with 8 ports in 1 bag? LOL, thats a pretty big oops.

mmandley
10-12-2011, 10:01 AM
They make bags for the events and some of those boats they use a lot of hand pumps to fill and drain the bags fast for moving ballast..Only thing i can think of lol

newty
10-12-2011, 10:20 AM
How do you end up with 8 ports in 1 bag? LOL, thats a pretty big oops.

I bought them as blems, used them for 3 years and sold them for more than I paid for them. I bought 2 jumbos for what I sold one of those bags for. If you can get Enzo blems you can turn them really quick!

bret
10-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Ordered two 750s for the rear and one giant 1180 for the center locker / bow. Thanks everyone for the advice!