PDA

View Full Version : Outback for Wakeboarding

pmann
05-10-2005, 01:35 AM
I an looking at purchasing an Outback for mainly wakeboarding, due to price. I am going to be adding at least 600 lbs in ballast. Will this give me a fairly good shaped and hard wake. Or should I just for get about this model, and spend another 6 thousand on a LSV? Anyone have any suggestions.

stang67
05-10-2005, 12:13 PM
If your gonna do any skiing at all it would be smarter to get the outback. I have the outback, i only use it for wakeboarind, my dad uses it for skiing. We have the factory ballast option as well, has a great wake. I was curious this weekend and added another 500lbs to the stock ballast. SICK wake i was getting launched off of it. I def recommend the Outback 6 grand is a lot of money to be saved. Im very happy with my Outback.

Jon
05-10-2005, 02:09 PM
The Outback can have a good shaped wake for wakeboarding but not huge, it just requires some weighting. If you are only going to be wakeboarding, I would go for a LS or LSV. You would probably be looking to trade in the Outback after a few years if you went the Outback route.

Yellowmobius
05-11-2005, 10:32 AM
I have to say I agree with Jon.

jburnside
05-11-2005, 10:59 AM
Pmann,
I also agree with Bruce and Jon's reccomendation. If you need a little first hand experience, I just traded in our Outback LS for a Mobius LSV. Reason... my whole family really started to get into wakeboarding last year. V-drive config makes the most sense for wakeboarding. The wake size and shape is completely different from our Outback LS. I would say that the un-weighted LSV wake is bigger than our LS wake was weighted down with stock rear ballast. Good luck.

05mobiusxlv
05-11-2005, 01:14 PM
When i went to my dealer a couple of weeks ago i noticed a couple of outbacks sitting in the used boat section. I asked my salesman about it, and they were both 2004's that were bought last year and traded in this year for mobius's. So much for saving that 6 Grand. I'm sure they both lost about that much in depreciation. And then still ended up spending another 6 grand in the boat they should have got in the first place. If your on a budget, i would get a used mobius before i got a new outback.

Catdog1
05-11-2005, 06:57 PM
Or, he can save twelve LARGE if you send him the dealer's name.