PDA

View Full Version : Winterizing - Water in Hull?

Moomba Dad
10-10-2011, 09:28 AM
I following the winterization procedure yesterday. But when I took out the center ballast sac I notice a lot of water still in the hull. I pulled up on a little hill to let it drain out the rear drain plug, and even re-connected the battery for the bilge to work (which it did). But I still had some water in the hull. Here in Michigan that water will freeze for sure. It seems as though I could never get all of that water out...so what do I do about it?

For how I poured some pink intifreeze into the water to mix with it and hopefully keep from freezing.

Any other suggestions?

Thanx!

Moomba Dad

pmoomba
10-10-2011, 09:32 AM
Do you mean just water sitting in the bottom of the ski locker/engine compartment? I just use some towels and/or a shop vac depending on how much is in there. That will get almost all of it, then just leave it open a bit to fully dry out.

However, I've seen a thread or two where people were describing water under the floor. If that's what you mean then I'm not sure.

Moomba Dad
10-10-2011, 09:34 AM
Both, in the ski locker and under the floor.

Moomba Dad
10-14-2011, 09:02 AM
Anybody...? I can't believe I'm the only one with this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. (It's getting colder by the day here in Michigan and I would like to resolve, if I need to, before the first big freeze.)

Thanx again!

Moomba Dad

wolfeman131
10-14-2011, 09:05 AM
Moomba Dad,

There is/was an extensive thread on getting rid of the water under the floor. In brief, folks were cutting a hole in the center ski locker floor and the foam underneath so that they could use a shop vac to extract the water. Most installed some sort of acess cover over the hole. If I have a minute, I'll search for the thread.

Good luck & stay warm!

wolfeman131
10-14-2011, 09:08 AM
Here is the thread I was thinking of. Hope this helps.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?12518-Water-Below-false-floor-in-ski-locker

brain_rinse
10-14-2011, 09:23 AM
You should be able to get all the water out of the ski locker/blige area with a shopvac, then put a fan on it for a day or two to totally dry it out.

Moomba Dad
10-14-2011, 10:34 AM
Super-Mods,

Thank you both! This is what I'm looking for.

Moomba Dad