PDA

View Full Version : sad day, pulling the boat out today.

jmvotto
10-09-2011, 07:28 AM
Soccer and weather. Have kept us away since labor day. But yesterday was great, did some lake house end of season choirs. Got on the lake. Fairly empty and the kids each got a long last run. Air temp.75. Water 60. Lake glass. Driver did not get one as the sun went down quick. No pics ugh. Iphone was playing tunes.

Even took a even cruise with the adults as the pizzas were being delivered.:)

Finally got to use that heater as well....

may have been the last ride in the obv:(

wolfeman131
10-09-2011, 08:55 AM
may have been the last ride in the obv:(

Hmmmmm . . .

Not sure if that should be a sad face or happy face at the end of that?

bergermaister
10-10-2011, 11:42 AM
I feel ya. Washed and wiped down and vacuumed the MobV Saturday. Pulled out everything that wasn't bolted down in preparation for winter hibernation... :( Probably be winterizing this coming Saturday. Soccer, Scouts, Dance Classes, Homework, etc. Oh and rain, lots and lots of rain...

04OUTBACK
10-10-2011, 01:19 PM
With you JMV
Bummed a Ride Saturday on conesus.. Beautiful day.. and buttery calm! needed that to go into winter! Sorry you didnt get a ride in..
At least we can dream all winter.... and go to the mountain..

jmvotto
10-10-2011, 03:41 PM
Glad the kiddos wanted to brave the cold water. I think there are hooked. Now i just need them to get there boaters liscense so i can have some drivers. Lol. Dream we will. Getting the snow ski stuff ready for the season. Weird how it crosses over.

millerda68
10-10-2011, 04:14 PM
I know....so depressing! I am holding out for one more weekend in hopes of getting that last run in. Then it will be time to clean out, hang everything up, and get it winterized.

mmandley
10-11-2011, 07:58 AM
I know....so depressing! I am holding out for one more weekend in hopes of getting that last run in. Then it will be time to clean out, hang everything up, and get it winterized.

Im with you Millerda68 im holding out as well. The boat is only about 30 minutes of prep to being water ready.

89PROSTAR
10-13-2011, 01:28 PM
I'm holding out for one more as well. We went out Sat 10/8, it was great.

moombadaze
10-13-2011, 08:31 PM
The boat is only about 30 minutes of prep to being water ready.

thats too long8-)

iwaterskihard
10-13-2011, 09:15 PM
It's terrible to have to put it away. It truley signals the end of all things summer and FUN! I will be putting mine in storage on Saturday. I'm just happy that mine sits in heated storage all winter! :) But it's really no consilation..........it's still in storage and not in water!

mmandley
10-14-2011, 01:42 AM
thats too long8-)

Thats how long it takes to put the hitch on the truck, pull her out of the garage put the tower up and all the speakers on the tower. LOL

wolfeman131
10-14-2011, 08:06 AM
and all the speakers on the tower. LOL

This part takes 28 of the 30 minutes for Mike to get rolling. :)

04OUTBACK
10-14-2011, 08:59 AM
Mike
You got quick releases on speakers? Do you remove because of z5 on folding? i may have to do same on mine. tyler took them off front bar to ship with tower folded.. said they might work if the speakers move to back bar..

mmandley
10-14-2011, 09:35 AM
Mike
You got quick releases on speakers? Do you remove because of z5 on folding? i may have to do same on mine. tyler took them off front bar to ship with tower folded.. said they might work if the speakers move to back bar..
You cant fold the tower with the Z5 on it. Not the type i have. The Z5 has 4 quick releases also and i remove it and lay it on the bow when its in the garage.
I have do have quick release on all my speakers but this is so i can lower the tower a lot easier since i keep the boat in the garage all the time.
I have seen your new boat in person and they look good with the speakers on the front bar because of the black out effect. I wouldnt move them if i was you. I dont recall if yours are quick release or not. Your Z5 if you have one < cant recall > is different anyhow as the Supra tower is slightly different then Moomba towers.

Wish i was in a boat buying mode when end of season comes, Tyler buys a new boat every year and there always sweet, but then again i dont think i could buy Tylers boat as then when anyone in PDX area saw it, they would say theirs Tylers old boat instead of look at Mikes sweet boat LOL.

wolfeman131
10-14-2011, 10:57 AM
Your Z5 if you have one < cant recall > is different anyhow as the Supra tower is slightly different then Moomba towers.

Tyler buys a new boat every year

The boat Brad is getting does have a Z5.

I want to know how Tyler swings a new boat every year.

04OUTBACK
10-14-2011, 11:56 AM
Mike
Sounds like popping the z5 off is easier than trying to work through all 4 speakers every time. Of course, moving 4 speakers and wires, covering drilled holes, etc would be that much fun anyway.. so probably go status quo, remove the z5 when folding.. I'll just be sitting in the garage some for a bit..

wolfeman131
10-14-2011, 01:11 PM
Brad,

Don't you think it would work best to have the boat shipped to Atlanta? It would be an incredible burden on me, but I could keep it on the lift for you over the next few weeks and ensure that it is running properly and that everyhing works as advertised. I'd even take it to the dealer to get it winterized for ya after my Turkey Day surf. Just let me know when to expect delivery so I'm here to sign for it.

kaneboats
10-14-2011, 01:41 PM
Same here and I'll also extend a very kind offer to others. Anyone ordering a new boat over winter can have delivery sent right to me and I'll even do the break-in for you so she's all ready to go come spring.

mmandley
10-15-2011, 12:06 AM
The boat Brad is getting does have a Z5.

I want to know how Tyler swings a new boat every year.

Yup saw the picture after my edit time frame expired LOL.

Tyler swings a new boat every year mainly because he has a Dealer license, and has a lucrative deal worked out with Skiers Choice and AWS. I dont think he gets the boat for dealer cost but i know its pretty close. You know hes still selling it for a profit or he wouldnt be doing it, but he also buys boats at auction and cleans them up and resales those also. I think his profit margin is only a few grand per boat from what i herd.

Tyler is a great guy though, real stand up and all around decent person. I have known him about 3 years now.

wolfeman131
10-15-2011, 03:19 PM
Hmmmmm . . .

I need to investigate this "dealer license" you speak of.