PDA

View Full Version : swim platform getting black on sundeck & seats

tdszymb
10-08-2011, 10:08 PM
The swim platform (Black rubber) on our 2004 moomba is getting a black film on the sundeck and seats from our feet. What can I use to clean the swim platform and stop the black marks.

wolfeman131
10-08-2011, 10:23 PM
Best solution is to rip that old pad off and replace with a SeaDek pad. Many of those that have switched to the SeaDek think it is one of best upgrades we have made to our boats.

There have been a ton of attempts to fix this such as cleaners & sealers and none seemed to work.

deerfield
10-08-2011, 10:31 PM
tdszymb - Try mild dish soap and a brush. Scrub and rinse good. I do this a couple of times each season. My Outback is an '07 model with the original factory black rubber pad. Have not had the problem with black footprints on the sundeck, seats, or carpet. - Deerfield

zegm
10-08-2011, 10:37 PM
Hummmm............thought about using a real swim deck. One made from teak! :)

deerfield
10-08-2011, 10:39 PM
Hummmm............thought about using a real swim deck. One made from teak! :)

A handsome addition to any boat!

jimmylsv
10-09-2011, 01:16 PM
I live in Florida have a 2006LSV, my boat sits with cover on it but platform is in hot sun all year roumd. I had that problem after about two years, I put a coat of clearcoat on it once a year takes max 10 minutes. I pour a little on platform and brush it in. It does not make it slippery works great. I have not even considered replaceing.

viking
10-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Best solution is to rip that old pad off and replace with a SeaDek pad. Many of those that have switched to the SeaDek think it is one of best upgrades we have made to our boats.

There have been a ton of attempts to fix this such as cleaners & sealers and none seemed to work.

2nd this option :)

deepcove
10-09-2011, 08:38 PM
I had the same issue with my 2004 Moomba.....I switched it out for Seadek 2 years ago and could not be any happier with the results.

KSmith
10-10-2011, 08:35 AM
Another vote for Seadek

Mikey
10-10-2011, 06:12 PM
I used to use clear laquer over the pad for the past years but this year i finally made the decission to go Seadec like many others on here. Now just to post some pics. I just put it on and unfortunetely my season has been done for a couple weeks already so now we will see how it weathers Outside over the winter.

BensonWdby
09-12-2014, 07:37 AM
After 13 years of use on our 1999 Mobius we started seeing this. For us the issue was actually accumulated exhaust, after all it sits directly over the exhaust. Dawn and a scrub brush solved that problem. The reason I think it was exhaust rather than oxidation is that it was noticeably worse over one side versus the other, just slight differences in exhaust output or configuration?