PDA

View Full Version : I hate waiting....

Aquaholic
05-08-2005, 03:58 PM
I have taken my 05 yellow xlv to the dealership for the 20 hour service check however, it has been there for the third week starting monday!!! Is there any other industry in which you go and take your prize and let them tell you ....well were really busy sorry. Well sorry stinks. I would wager that this is not new to any boat owner but why. Spring equals boat sales so one would hink you (the dealership) would have the service department at full staff just itching to work away but noooo not here in Atlanta were there alot of people who boat. Anyway it just chaps my pony to wait for oil to be changed for $225.00 and to wait fo 3 weeks to get the boat back.

I'll tell you this much if I find just one open squak of the warranty items that are to long to type that are left unresolved I will sell the boat asap and go find a dealership that WILL NOT SEE ME AS JUST ANOTHER BLOKE WHO BOUGHT A BOAT. THERE IS A THING CALLED REPEAT BUSINESS!!!!

Zach Cannday

zabooda
05-09-2005, 12:45 AM
I would ask the dealer when the work will be done. If they can't "get-er-done" right away, I would pull it back home until they can get to it. When they move boats around your boat risks damage plus it's vulnerable to prying eyes during that time. I would work off an appointment.

Dave A
05-09-2005, 05:01 PM
I took my boat to my dealer, Logan Martin Boating Center on the friday of the Talladega race. I told my dealer that I didn't need it back for 2 weeks, but would be coming back from the race on monday and could pick it up if it was done. He was going to qualifying and told we he would clear out a place in his shop. I backed it into his shop when I got there.

He called me Saturday around noon and told me my boat was ready. He said it would be out back. He put the cover on it and told me I could come get it any time.

For $100.00, he did the 20 hour service and put on my bimini top.

I have had nothing but a pleasant experience, everytime I have dealt with them.

Will Watters
05-10-2005, 10:54 AM
I understand that SC is having a banner year in sales, so I suspect dealers will have to deal with a larger number of 20 hour services. I would recommend making an appoitment ahead of time.

I just had my 20 hr service on my 05 LSV got it back the next day. I contacted the dealer for an appointment and an opening was about 3 days out. The first service should not require more than a day at the shop, unless something more systemic is found. If your boat only requires the service, do not see why it would take so long. Hope all works out in the end.

Will.