PDA

View Full Version : Wake comparison : 05 mobius lsv to 06 and newer

jimmobius
10-01-2011, 09:12 PM
So I am considering moving on to a newer moomba or a supra. I really like the wake of the 05 and would hope that the newer model would be somewhat simular.
Any input from you 06 and newer moomba owners?
Thanks, Jim

deafgoose
10-01-2011, 09:42 PM
If you really like your wake, why upgrade?

jimmobius
10-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Bigger boat, more storage , tower that folds down towards the stern.
Jim

mnpracing
10-02-2011, 09:57 AM
I went from an '06 OBV (same hull/boat as yours) to an '08 LSV. I traded for the same reasons as you in addition to wanting a bigger wake for surfing. The OBV put out a nice surf wake, but I wanted higher freeboard as well. For our purposes the 08 fits our wants/needs very nicely for several reasons (higher freeboard, bigger, seating is higher, rear-folding tower, more storage). A tandem axle trailer was also very high on my list too and we got that with the '08.

Those attributes were important enough for us to make the move. Selling the OBV for more than we paid for it helped too, as well as finding a nice deal on the '08.

jimmobius
10-02-2011, 10:18 AM
So does your 08 lsv have the same/similar wake as the 06 obv ? Is it wider or narrower at 21mph than the 06? ( that is my wake board speed) I do a lot of surfing also .
Thanks for your input , Jim.

cab13367
10-02-2011, 10:51 AM
Jim,

Since there is a lot of subjectivity when it comes to describing wake size, shape and width, you should really try to get a pull behind the 06+ LSV. I think there are several forum members in the Denver area with the current hull LSV and I am sure romoboco in Pueblo would be happy to pull you behind one. That's what we did prior to buying our LSV from them.

Al

yearround
10-02-2011, 06:17 PM
Hey jim, I can't really scythe difference between the two hulls as I have never been in your boat. I can't believe we have not met up to ride and we are only 20 miles apart. We really should get out. If you want to compare to wakes of our boats, let's arrange it. Anyway, I am planning to be on cherry creek this Wednesday evening 5p to dark. Could meet Saturday possible too.

Thanks
Todd

jimmobius
10-02-2011, 09:40 PM
I know , we should. I was on vacation Aug 13 to Sept 1 then Sept 7-18 . Out of state and boating/camping . I can't make this week wed outing, and I will be working next Saturday. I would like to at least ride and see the wake behind your boat if possible before the snow flys and your put yours away. I' ll be out to c creek this Tuesday with my friend and her boat. I will be winterizing the moomba soon , I doubt if I will have it out again this fall. Save the hours and wear and tear on it after this last season. Since I have a lake pass to Standley lake , I really don't go too many places with it unless it is out of state. Before all this "Mussell and ais stuff" Colorado was a pretty good place to boat, I could go on and on about this of course.
Keep in touch , Jim.

jimmobius
10-02-2011, 09:57 PM
How was your powell trip?

yearround
10-02-2011, 11:25 PM
How was your powell trip?
was a fantastic trip. weather was perfect, we car camped at stanton creek, but there was a huge wedding party going on, crowded, most were cool. great time on the water with family and friends. i always say i want to go to just ride and not sight see. we did have some great hikes, fun slot canyons,

are you going to be at CC this tuesday afternoon/evening? the weather should be better that day than wednesday, maybe i'll try and change to tuesday.

jimmobius
10-03-2011, 11:33 AM
Sound like you had a good time, weather is the main thing. Bad weather= bad time. We shore camped there in 95 , swore we would never do that again. Got stuck , my buddy burned up his truck transmission trying to pull us out. I ended up getting out on my own power.We did all this after driving past the campsite we stayed at for the week. Got drunk after 6 hours of messing around with all that stuck stuff. If I were to camp there again, I would stay in the rv park with my truck and camper maybe slip the boat. We stayed down at wahweep several years ago in October. Camped in the campground , pulled the boat out every day. The campground had showers and we could plug in the camper . My sister and husband stayed in Page at a motel so we would go in and watch the Rockies play the diamondbacks each nite. Page is a nice little town .

I will be at c creek Tuesday in my friends supra in the morning , 9 30 am to 1 pm . I think I am done with my boat for the season. Too many things to catch up that I didn't do this summer !!

yearround
10-03-2011, 05:38 PM
well, i have to work at that time, enjoy the water. we'll keep riding til thanksgiving day for certain, may try to go the 30th, just to be the last day on the water before they close for the AIS stuff. ill let you know, if you want to come ride and see the wake to think about over the winter to upgrade.

jimmobius
10-03-2011, 09:24 PM
I appreciate the invite , and will keep in touch.
Jim