PDA

View Full Version : It's official, MOJO 2.5 it is.

Razzman
09-30-2011, 04:19 PM
I guess they've decided for sure, here's the official release video from Facebook. Wish they actuall showed the boat instead of riders. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE0cNAUROag&feature=youtu.be

zegm
09-30-2011, 04:26 PM
Does this signal the end of the LSV? Nice video! Boat looks to provide the wake needed for wakeboarding, but it would be nice to see a video of someone surfing behind it too.

deafgoose
09-30-2011, 04:27 PM
Like my mother always said.

"if you have nothing good to say, dont say anything at all."

:)

zegm
09-30-2011, 04:32 PM

Actually I stated it looks like it is a good design for the intended purpose! Just wondering how an LSV fits into all of this.
And see I didn't say anything about the looks, which means (to me) it isn't as pretty as the LS/LSV hull, but since you asked. :)

skiyaker
09-30-2011, 05:03 PM
good design for the intended purpose!

I agree- wake looks big, bet it's comfortable for the passengers, they didn't show the surf wake but I bet it's huge when sacked out. Would be a good family boat too for those who don't ski.

deafgoose
09-30-2011, 05:09 PM
Actually I stated it looks like it is a good design for the intended purpose! Just wondering how an LSV fits into all of this.
And see I didn't say anything about the looks, which means (to me) it isn't as pretty as the LS/LSV hull, but since you asked. :)

I was not referring to your post.

I just have nothing good to say so I wont say anything. ;)

zegm
09-30-2011, 05:26 PM
I was not referring to your post.

I just have nothing good to say so I wont say anything. ;)

As a DD fanatice, as an owner of a discontinued LS I am from the other side of the fence so I am sure I share some opinions with you. :)But at the same time I wanted to comment that it does put out a nice wake!

Now if they would only bring us a nice new pretty DD!

jmvotto
09-30-2011, 05:39 PM
Where are the first production photos? They sprayed one two days ago. On the 28th

Cool video though.

c.rix
09-30-2011, 06:20 PM

.................................................. ..................................

sandm
09-30-2011, 06:53 PM
agree with razz. more of the boat and the features. heck, any pro rider can take a bayliner 195 and do moves like they show..
I do like the look of it on the water. hate the name, but the look is really growing on me..

can't wait to see one in person..

you da man
09-30-2011, 07:09 PM
Whoa...Amber Wing behind a Moomba? Well, I guess she does ride behind a Supra a lot.

skiyaker
09-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Now if they would only bring us a nice new pretty DD!

"nobody" likes to ski anymore... but it's all I can think about. I like to swing behind a boat. I would trade my OBV on a supra comp if they still made it- but for the price of most brands I could get a used comp and a mojo (or more likely LSV)! Some guys collect cars- I think I will collect boats.

matt75
10-01-2011, 12:46 AM
Still not a fan of the front or rear end (transom too boxy IMO), but Amber looks hot riding!

FargoDawg
10-01-2011, 03:00 AM
I like it. good looking boat.

Zag: if'n you want another DD Ill bring mine to FL this jan. for the right price, turned 200 hours this summer and I have a buddy to visit in Orlando.....its pretty

Jumbo
10-01-2011, 08:33 AM
Hi this is my first post......I don t speak english. the wake of the moomba mojo in the video doesn t look very clean.....you can see white wash when the girl hit the wake at this rope length. the wake seems to roll fast. I have a mobius lsv 2011 and my wake is cleaner than that....but I not a pro so I ride at 70 feet.

mcdye
10-01-2011, 10:35 AM
http://moombaboats.blogspot.com/

"Like Moomba on Facebook, follow on Twitter (@MoombaBoats) or log on to the Moomba Boats Blog Tuesday, October 3, 2011 to witness the birth of the new Mojo 2.5. Moomba will be digitally chronicling the first production build of this new wakeboard boat with daily build photo posts"

yager97
10-01-2011, 11:18 AM
Hi this is my first post......I don t speak english. the wake of the moomba mojo in the video doesn t look very clean.....you can see white wash when the girl hit the wake at this rope length. the wake seems to roll fast. I have a mobius lsv 2011 and my wake is cleaner than that....but I not a pro so I ride at 70 feet.
you might not speak english, but you write it pretty good
agreed.

deerfield
10-01-2011, 12:23 PM
I would trade my OBV on a supra comp if they still made it-

skiyaker - SC will still make the Supra Comp, at least that is what i was told on a factory tour earlier this year. Showed me the mold and said dealer can order if it has a customer. - Deerfield

10-01-2011, 10:57 PM
I'm kind of sorry to say this but I have to agree with Jumbo. The wake didn't look clean at all and most of the riders were hitting it in the wash. As pro's they were probably riding at 23.5-25mph so the wake should be plenty clean. If I upgrade to this boat, the thing I want/need most is a huge clean wake. I am sure way more videos are to follow. The water was also kind of rough too in the video, not butter anyways.

Mobius22
10-02-2011, 03:27 PM
I have boarded behind it with just stock ballast at 75 feet and it was clean and huge on both sides for me. I think when they shot this they didn't have the weight distribution exactly right and with about 4500 Lbs. of ballast the wake won't clean up as well. I rode with about 1200 Lbs. and it was booting me into the flats easily. I do agree they should show the surf wake because it's very impressive.

you da man
10-02-2011, 03:58 PM
I have boarded behind it with just stock ballast at 75 feet and it was clean and huge on both sides for me. I think when they shot this they didn't have the weight distribution exactly right and with about 4500 Lbs. of ballast the wake won't clean up as well. I rode with about 1200 Lbs. and it was booting me into the flats easily. I do agree they should show the surf wake because it's very impressive.

4500lbs of hidden ballast in the video?

Mobius22
10-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Pretty sure that's what Austin tweeted after he got done riding. Could be wrong though. That's just the number I remember

jmvotto
10-02-2011, 04:49 PM
How did you get to ride behind the prototype. You a pro or a dealer?

Mobius22
10-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Friend of a friend who works at Skiers. It has it's perks :)

jmvotto
10-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Nice...:D ..

cab13367
10-02-2011, 11:54 PM
I am sure it's a great towboat but I sure prefer the sleek profile of my LSV to the Mojo but that's just my opinion.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg276/cab13367/Boat%20pics%20-%20public/IMG_3057.jpg

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm219/dan_powers/Moomba%20Mojo/IMG_0085.jpg

jmvotto
10-03-2011, 09:19 AM
My buddies x45 has a stainless step that doubles as a tow hook, otherwise you need a ladder to get from the swimplatform to the sun deck. the mojo needs one as that is one big step...

KG's Supra24
10-03-2011, 09:21 AM
Cab, that def makes the boat look huge, or jumbo like someone said before.

Think I had the same feeling as some others. The video was not much of a sell. Too much focus on wakeboarding and the wake wasn't even clean. It kinda looks like a deckboat of towboats with the way it sits in the water. It won't make my list.

jmvotto
10-03-2011, 09:25 AM
I am sure it's a great towboat but I sure prefer the sleek profile of my LSV to the Mojo but that's just my opinion.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg276/cab13367/Boat%20pics%20-%20public/IMG_3057.jpg

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm219/dan_powers/Moomba%20Mojo/IMG_0085.jpg

https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8969&d=1230088853

Yes i definately agree with the sleekness of the older style moombas....

10-03-2011, 10:14 AM
I actually really like the look of the Mojo, kind of an update or change from all the other SC models. I think it looks like a wakeboard boat, not a ski boat or crossover boat which is why they made this boat. And I also liked that the video showed mostly wakeboarding as that is what I will use my next boat for. But the video didn't sell me on the wake. I will need to see another video or ride one in person to make a real judgement.

zegm
10-03-2011, 11:07 AM
No that is OK, We have just 199.5 hours on our DD 2008 LS. I just should have kept the ole MC stars and stripe for just the mornings when we go down the course and then the LS for everything else we do. It gets a little scary trying to hold the edge over the wake, but if you do it is OK. If you don't........well expect to not make the bouy or worse crash hard. So I tell myself, don't back off slice through the wake and everything is good! I can't image trying the course on anything else SC makes but the Outback DD.

zegm
10-03-2011, 11:10 AM
We got away from skiing on the course the last couple of years, but after my son get his new HO this spring the game was on again and that is what we do the majority of time on the lake. Usually after the course we fill the ballast and them him and the wife surf. Go figure! Wakeboards have an inch of dust on them and haven't been on the boat all year. Ok that last FACE PLANT did it for me, I retired from wakeboarding.

zegm
10-03-2011, 11:11 AM
AGREED! I am a new fan! .................of Amber, not the boat. :)

moombadaze
10-03-2011, 12:14 PM
Friend of a friend who works at Skiers. It has it's perks :) wish I had that kind of friend

https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8969&d=1230088853

Yes i definately agree with the sleekness of the older style moombas....

02 and up LSV's and 06 and up LSV's are one of the best looking in my book

brain_rinse
10-03-2011, 12:19 PM
I actually really like the look of the Mojo, kind of an update or change from all the other SC models. I think it looks like a wakeboard boat, not a ski boat or crossover boat which is why they made this boat. And I also liked that the video showed mostly wakeboarding as that is what I will use my next boat for. But the video didn't sell me on the wake. I will need to see another video or ride one in person to make a real judgement.
I agree on all counts. Love my LSV and the classic styling, but also really like the deep wakeboat look of the Mojo. They really need a "wake" video of the Mojo now because that one didn't look dialed in at all.

skiyaker
10-03-2011, 12:38 PM
No that is OK, We have just 199.5 hours on our DD 2008 LS. I just should have kept the ole MC stars and stripe for just the mornings when we go down the course and then the LS for everything else we do. It gets a little scary trying to hold the edge over the wake, but if you do it is OK. If you don't........well expect to not make the bouy or worse crash hard. So I tell myself, don't back off slice through the wake and everything is good! I can't image trying the course on anything else SC makes but the Outback DD.

If it makes you feel any better I've put about 20 minutes on my boat since my vacation in august- only because I've been a ski bum skiing behind everyone else's boat. Maybe my new goal should be to make a complete pass behind my own boat LOL.

Deerfield I wonder how much they would charge for a new comp? I found a 98 not too far from me.

cab13367
10-03-2011, 02:34 PM
I agree on all counts. Love my LSV and the classic styling, but also really like the deep wakeboat look of the Mojo. They really need a "wake" video of the Mojo now because that one didn't look dialed in at all.

I guess tons of freeboard is a natural evolution for the wakeboat. With more and more weight being run, you need all that freeboard to still maintain safety and a dry cabin when all sacked out.

jmvotto
10-03-2011, 02:45 PM
How much weigtht to sack out this freeboard 36" wow?

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh254/jmvotto/220dr.jpg

jmvotto
10-03-2011, 05:02 PM
They mojo video reminded me of the 2007 video that SC had out , so i thought i would add it here.

Wakes are still a bit washy, good video non the less.

" I like the part " what big eyes you Have".... LOL like that was not done on purpose:eek:

http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/hh254/jmvotto/?action=view&current=moomba_brand1.mp4

enjoy the old school promo video

KG's Supra24
10-03-2011, 05:07 PM
I couldn't wait for the song to end on this newest one.

moombadaze
10-03-2011, 05:10 PM
jv, thanks for that video--one of there best i think-shows all the models in the lineup

jmvotto
10-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Agreed........

Stazi
10-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Who picked that shite music?

jmvotto
10-04-2011, 07:45 AM
put it on youtube incase photobucket is slow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmCQeOSVH6s

Note..mods you can move this to consolidate with the above previous post

chawk610
10-04-2011, 08:04 AM
"Yes i definately agree with the sleekness of the older style moombas...."

Oh man, I just now got an '08... and it is gonna be considered "old style" :)

kaneboats
10-04-2011, 10:12 AM
Nope. "Classic", my friend, Classic!

brenpire
10-04-2011, 10:29 AM

Times 2!

I hope the MOJO is better than the video.

rdlangston13
10-04-2011, 11:01 AM
It kinda looks like a deckboat of towboats with the way it sits in the water. It won't make my list.

on the water the side profile look almost exactly like a malibu to me. not ugly and i like hugher freeboard since it keeps waves from rolling over the boat when sacked out

rdlangston13
10-04-2011, 11:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB7qmiB2ndc

the wake on this video with a MC looks just as washed

Razzman
10-05-2011, 12:35 AM
So just for giggles I did the "Price Your Mojo" under the 2012 Preview link and It's not cheap! Started out with a base of $52K but after adding the popular options it's almost $70K! :o I know I'll be keeping my LSV for awhile! :rolleyes:

Austin Hair
10-05-2011, 09:33 AM
Well guys, if it's any consolation, I rode behind this boat and it was sick. Definitely my favorite wake of the entire line up. And that was with the small motor. The inside is pretty different too. It opens up a whole lot more, pretty sure its way wider than the previous years. This Moomba is definitely in a class of its own, I hope that helps.

kaneboats
10-05-2011, 09:34 AM
$62,785 for me. There's stuff I would still have to do myself but would rather do that way. Interesting.

KG's Supra24
10-05-2011, 09:36 AM
I'm sure that is MSRP and not asking price. I was told I could get a 2012 Supra 22 for low 60's, possibly under.

I got the feel, from the pics, that the interior is much more open, and probably deeper too I'd imagine.

Razzman
10-05-2011, 10:03 AM
I'm sure that is MSRP and not asking price. I was told I could get a 2012 Supra 22 for low 60's, possibly under.

I got the feel, from the pics, that the interior is much more open, and probably deeper too I'd imagine.

Normally I would agree with you, but in this case i'm not so sure. It's the first new model for Moomba in years and is being pushed as a big deal. I'm not so sure the dealers will be willing to discount much if at all. Either way even at $60K it's still $20K more than my LSV was otd.

jmvotto
10-05-2011, 10:08 AM
Well guys, if it's any consolation, I rode behind this boat and it was sick. Definitely my favorite wake of the entire line up. And that was with the small motor. The inside is pretty different too. It opens up a whole lot more, pretty sure its way wider than the previous years. This Moomba is definitely in a class of its own, I hope that helps.

Got any Pics boarding and Surfing? pretty cool having a pro step up and chat with us.

brain_rinse
10-05-2011, 10:22 AM
That does help - thanks for speaking up on the wake! The interior does look huge... there is one pic showing 5 guys sitting along the port side and they don't look cramped at all. I'm looking forward to trying the wake out myself in the spring.

sandm
10-05-2011, 10:27 AM
60+k is a lot of scratch for a boat from a company that built its reputation on value.
mid-60's opens up boats from almost every manufacturer but mc/nautique that would be in the same category, ie 21-23ft wakeboat optioned up nicely..

kaneboats
10-05-2011, 10:35 AM
I think it's highly likely that there will be some boat show discounts and you will see lots of folks getting their Mojo going. Can't wait to see pics of other colors and stuff. I think a blacked out Mojo would be sick!

KG's Supra24
10-05-2011, 10:36 AM

Ed? LOL, jk ... maybe ...

Moomba OBV - 96" beam
Moomba LSV - 97" beam
Moomba XLV - 98" beam
Moomba Mojo - 99" beam
Supra 22SSV - 100" beam

Razzman
10-05-2011, 10:44 AM

Moomba OBV - 96" beam
Moomba LSV - 97" beam
Moomba XLV - 98" beam
Moomba Mojo - 99" beam
Supra 22SSV - 100" beam

Ya think maybe? lol! :rolleyes:

skiyaker
10-05-2011, 11:09 AM

my first thoughts too- but then I went to WW and he posted the same thing there under his profile that's been around since 2007

So welcome to the forum Austin and thanks for the feedback about the Mojo- we know you're busy but hopefully we'll see you around here from time to time!

Mobius22
10-05-2011, 11:35 AM
Normally I would agree with you, but in this case i'm not so sure. It's the first new model for Moomba in years and is being pushed as a big deal. I'm not so sure the dealers will be willing to discount much if at all. Either way even at $60K it's still $20K more than my LSV was otd.

Dealers are getting much more aggressive these days, or at least the ones around where I am are. There's 2011 Supra 22V's going for mid-50's, so if the Mojo's base MSRP is 52K then I doubt when you add options that you will actually pay that. Moomba always has good boat show incentives for options anyway :smile: If you don't load it and just get ballast, PP, and 2 tower speakers then I would wager it would sell for high 40's to low 50's depending on what else you put on it. I just wouldn't completely load it because you can load an Outback V and make it expensive as well.

wolfeman131
10-05-2011, 11:45 AM
I just wouldn't completely load it because you can load an Outback V and make it expensive as well.

Great point and the same can be said for any brand of boat out there.

New Guy
10-05-2011, 01:23 PM
FYI Austin is a pro rider for SC

KG's Supra24
10-05-2011, 02:06 PM
FYI Austin is a pro rider for SC

Right but a screen name is a screen name. Saw the same post over on WW as well so it seems to check out.

..... maybe i was just hoping for a comeback. :o

Razzman
10-05-2011, 02:57 PM
Dealers are getting much more aggressive these days, or at least the ones around where I am are.

Not around here their not. The only NorCal dealer here thinks they are gold and prices accordingly. I can gaurantee he'll price the mojo at msrp and only add from there! Hence one of the reasons he's lost a customer forever.

jmvotto
10-05-2011, 03:47 PM

Moomba OBV - 96" beam
Moomba LSV - 97" beam
Moomba XLV - 98" beam
Moomba Mojo - 99" beam
Supra 22SSV - 100" beam

KG you win the booby prize for bringing up that name first.....it took a while. LOL

skiyaker
10-05-2011, 09:00 PM
KG you win the booby prize for bringing up that name first.....it took a while. LOL

you get 5 moomba points if you're the first to call him out when he comes back but unfortunately KG we have to deduct 10 moomba points for jumping the gun on this one. btw this is dysfunctional- do they have counselors for internet forum groups? threadjack complete.